• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, for some reason I never put it together that silence would kill that! I thought it was it's own effect. Unfortunately, I don't think I have ANY cards that have silence. I really need more cards...

Anyway thanks for the tips. Good to know there's ways around it, and apparently good ways too because they don't show up in later ranks.

The reason they don't show up in later ranks is that that particular combo requires very specific draws. It's absolutely devastating when you can pull it off, but that happens like once every ten games. The rest of the time, you're sitting there with a bunch of buff spells and no minions, or your minions get killed before you can buff them. It's so inconsistent that it's not worth playing in ranked. You don't need to tailor your deck to counter that combo, but silences are pretty nice to have in general.

Durden77

Both neutral silences cost 40 dust so if you need one badly, make having one your priority. Though you'll probably pull one out of a pack sooner than later.

Crafting stresses me out, bahah. That dust seems so hard to come by. So hard to decide what to do. Is there anyway to get dust without disenchanting cards (which means destroying right)? I think I have some, but I haven't disenchanted anything.

Really wish I wouldn't have wasted my gold on two horrible arena runs yesterday. I just bought Nax, so I don't wanna give this game more money right now, but I'm gold broke hard.

Crafting stresses me out, bahah. That dust seems so hard to come by. So hard to decide what to do. Is there anyway to get dust without disenchanting cards (which means destroying right)? I think I have some, but I haven't disenchanted anything.

Really wish I wouldn't have wasted my gold on two horrible arena runs yesterday. I just bought Nax, so I don't wanna give this game more money right now, but I'm gold broke hard.

Yes, when you disenchant, you destroy that card. When you disenchant your first card, you get 95 bonus dust, so the first common card you disenchant will net you 100 dust. That's enough to craft 2 commons with 20 left over or 1 rare. I don't really recommend crafting commons, though. The only other way to get dust is to get it as a reward in arena, and that's not dependable.

Dahbomb

Down for me too on NA, working fine on EU.

Just got a patch, might fix things.

Edit: I can enter the client but I can't actually play games online. It just gets stuck at the slot machine.

Durden77

Yes, when you disenchant, you destroy that card. When you disenchant your first card, you get 95 bonus dust, so the first common card you disenchant will net you 100 dust. That's enough to craft 2 commons with 20 left over or 1 rare. I don't really recommend crafting commons, though. The only other way to get dust is to get it as a reward in arena, and that's not dependable.

Awesome, good to know. I guess I'll disenchant some common card I never use then at least to get that bonus dust. I just hate the idea of destroying them, I want them all!

Rapstah

Awesome, good to know. I guess I'll disenchant some common card I never use then at least to get that bonus dust. I just hate the idea of destroying them, I want them all!

It's only a matter of time before the vast majority of packs you get are packs where you already have all of the cards. :/

Durden77

It's only a matter of time before the vast majority of packs you get are packs where you already have all of the cards. :/

This game is going to get far more depressing with time, isn't it? I'm still in the whimsical stage, but I feel it coming....

Can't get into a match over here yet. On Android in NA.

Rapstah

Noxious is guest hosting a French HS "show" here. Not anything anyone here should be interested in except to hear him speak French. His accent is pretty Québécois.

Cat Party

I was half paying attention to my match and I played a healbot that I thoughtstole, as I was at 15 health.

I had a soulpriest down. Dumbass.

Parshias7

Some observations from the lower ranks last season and early this season: Low Rank players fucking LOVE taunts. I've faced a ton of the "throw up a taunt every turn and have no real endgame plan" decks. Glad to see that Mogushan Warden is still getting jobs.

luoapp

Some observations from the lower ranks last season and early this season: Low Rank players fucking LOVE taunts. I've faced a ton of the "throw up a taunt every turn and have no real endgame plan" decks. Glad to see that Mogushan Warden is still getting jobs.

They maybe effective against zoos and face hunters, who prevail on low rank.

Parshias7

They maybe effective against zoos and face hunters, who prevail on low rank.

Considering I was playing Zoo for my daily today... they do not.

It would be one thing if these decks had some big monsters or combo that these taunts are stalling for, but they just throw out garbage taunts like Booty Bay Bodyguard and last until turn 8 where they have... nothing of value to play because apparently they didn't think that far ahead.

Although I do enjoy the feeling you get playing in the low ranks early in the season. Not knowing if your opponent will be good or bad. The thought that you may have to use all your skills to pull out the win... then your opponent plays Goldshire Footman turn one and then you don't have to worry anymore.

Sande

I just had a turn 3 concede in arena when I was 0-1.

On turn 2 I played a Mage's apprentice, he responded with a Tauren warrior (he went first so he didn't coin it out). Then I played a Flesh-eating ghoul and traded minions. He conceded pretty much instantly. I dread the kind of draw/draft you have to have to feel like there's no coming back from something like that.

Maybe he was over-intimidated by the ghoul. I know I used to overvalue him, treating every +1 as net-positive when you really have to get 2 to even break even.

ViviOggi

I figure that these players have encountered some reasonably efficient aggro/midrange decks while experimenting, got demolished early and figured they just need a better defense to play out whatever plans they had in mind while building the deck. The taunt mechanic screams "my job is to protect your minions", but it's not immediately obvious to a new player that most taunts simply suck due to their stat distribution. Actually most beginners who shared their lists here made the same mistake.

Rapstah

Putting his glass of water and tablet on the table in front of him is too human for Chakki. One step at a time.

emptytablesm8o50.png

Dahbomb

Double Quick Shot to the face to set up lethals two turns ahead of time against Freeze Mage...

Next level Hunter plays.

Actually that isn't next level that's just the first level of Hunter play.

clav

Reminds me of how in Starcraft, people love building walls to prevent early aggro attacks (aka the famous Zerg rush) when that strat is not viable for every race matchup.

I lost to a deck today with Raid Leaders and Lords of the Arena....

They're not terrible cards in certain situations.

Cat Party

I figure that these players have encountered some reasonably efficient aggro/midrange decks while experimenting, got demolished early and figured they just need a better defense to play out whatever plans they had in mind while building the deck. The taunt mechanic screams "my job is to protect your minions", but it's not immediately obvious to a new player that most taunts simply suck due to their stat distribution. Actually most beginners who shared their lists here made the same mistake.
Yup, this was me when I started out. It takes a while to realize that taunts aren't necessary in many decks. They seem like a no brainer when you're new.

Oh god, I just discovered the video where Reynad tried Tinder on twitch a few weeks ago. So frigging hilarious when he calls Trump to get some advice and they look at his Tinder profile pics.

edit: lol "Eh that girl looks like she's into sports and I don't want to go outside"-Reynad

zlatko

Banned
Is it worth purchasing both of the 25 dollar expansions? Or should I grind for 700 gold for each?

Essentially it would take what, like a good month to purchase each one or more to save up 700 gold ? Are the free cards/rewards from each expansion worth it, or am I better off just grinding arena to build up my decks?

I'm EXTREMELY new to this game lol. I've played a LOT, but am just now thinking of dicking around with it to see if I can "go places" on the ladder.

clav

Is it worth purchasing both of the 25 dollar expansions? Or should I grind for 700 gold for each?

Essentially it would take what, like a good month to purchase each one or more to save up 700 gold ? Are the free cards/rewards from each expansion worth it, or am I better off just grinding arena to build up my decks?

I'm EXTREMELY new to this game lol. I've played a LOT, but am just now thinking of dicking around with it to see if I can "go places" on the ladder.

Takes about 2 weeks to get 700 gold.

Depends on how much you want to spend in terms of time and money. If you want to spend money, buy the expansions.

If you just want to pay nothing, then use gold for the first two wings of Naxx and first wing of BRM.

_DrMario_

I would use real money to buy Naxx. For 700 gold you can get 7 packs which is 35 cards vs one wing of Naxx (5 cards).

Durden77

Takes about 2 weeks to get 700 gold.

Depends on how much you want to spend in terms of time and money. If you want to spend money, buy the expansions.

If you just want to pay nothing, then use gold for the first two wings of Naxx and first wing of BRM.

I unlocked the first wing of BRM with gold, should I not bother with the others?

Loomba

Had a paladin thurisaan 2 dragon consorts in his hand, which he then summoned a Nefarian which gave him a bane of doom which then gave him a Mal'Ganis. Some people are jammy fuckers I swear.

Tacitus_

I unlocked the first wing of BRM with gold, should I not bother with the others?

Well you should probably get them at some point, but the first wing has the best bang for your buck since it has both Patron and Emperor. The other wings have much more situational rewards.

Hugstable

Banned
So i'm pretty new to the game and have been leveling up all the classes to 10 to see which style i like and really enjoying it. I just bought Naxx since i wanted a bit more single player content and have an extra 10$ to spend on some card packs. Should i be getting the new packs or the goblin and gnomies pack?

Also whats a good guide or site for decks to test put? I suck at building decks and it seems overwhelming for me, i somehow got to rank 22 on the stock decks >_>.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom