• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mage: Kael'thas
Warlock: Medivh
Paladin: Liadrin
Hunter: Alleria
Rogue: Garona? While Valeera is a Blood Elf she's technically Alliance aligned
Shaman: Akama, or Nobundo
Druid: Hamuul,
Priest: Sen'jin???

Raxus

Xvi2tFsd.png

Haly

Tyrande is Alliance as well. I agree with people who think the alt heroes will be a faction change.

Then again who gave a shit about Anduin Wrynn?

Oh but you know, Taran Zhu for Rogue would be really legit.

Look at this suave yet cuddly fucker:
200px-Taran_Zhu_TCG.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Mage: Kael'thas
Warlock: Medivh
Paladin: Liadrin
Hunter: Alleria
Rogue: Garona? While Valeera is a Blood Elf she's technically Alliance aligned
Shaman: Akama, or Nobundo
Druid: Hamuul,
Priest: Sen'jin???

They seem pretty dead set on removing Alleria from the lore, so I'm guessing they'll try to find just about anyone else.

Rapstah

How would Animal Companion even make sense with an alternate Hunter hero portrait? Misha is Rexxar's pet bear. Are there worse examples of spells or minions being completely made around the hero character?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
IMO they're just going to pick the most popular character since they're charging a lot of money.

How would Animal Companion even make sense with an alternate Hunter hero portrait? Misha is Rexxar's pet bear. Are there worse examples of spells or minions being completely made around the hero character?
Mirror Image arguably.

Pooya

I don't think they will stick with some rigid faction rule, this is for money, popularity and coolness comes first...

Iryx

Gorehowl and Doomhammer comes to mind, since they're sort of signature weapons.

Haly

Yeah, you guys have a point with the popularity thing. Then Tyrande in maximum titty monster armor confirmed for Hunter/Priest alt, complete with glowing eyes and nipples.

Hey here's an idea. Buy the Tyrande bundle for $18, get Hunter Tyrande and Priestess Tyrande.

Pooya

class specific legendary cards wouldn't make sense either, Grom and Garrosh are related, Antonidas and Jaina are related.

gutshot

Looks like more than just a card back:

A new board I guess (I suppose that would be added to the random pool, or forced upon both players when someone uses that hero? Not sure... and if so, what if both players have a different premium hero?) And do the current Heroes have entering game animations? I don't think so, I wonder what that means.

Edit: Actually board interaction could be a neat feature for an expansion. Maybe they could do something like creep/etc, where creatures or spells can change the board terrain / set it on fire / poison it / etc, and it can be a persistent effect that lasts until negated by another creature or spell.

I think the new "play area" is just the area around your hero portrait. The default one is blue with some gold scrollwork trim. You can see in Magni's hero power gif that he has a brown one with some kind of Dwarven trim.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So, switching to most popular/famous, with an * next to ones that are already cards:

Mage: Kael'thas, Khagdar, Antonidas*
Warlock: Medivh, Ner'zhul, Archimonde
Paladin: Yrel, Tirion*, Bolvar*
Hunter: Shandris, Alleria, Vareesa, Sylvanas* (I'm assuming they're using a ranger here since there aren't really many hunters directly.)
Rogue: Maiev, Garona, Edwin VanCleef*
Shaman: Reh'gar
Druid: Broll, Cenarius*
Priest: Tyrande, Velen*, Vol'jin*

I was a bit loose with the definitions since I suspect they'll want more popular people than people who 100% hit the idea on the nose.

Pooya

Paladin seems like a tough choice, they are either cards already or not really recognizable or popular on same level as Uther.

For Mage, Kael is a lock.

Druid? I have no idea what they could do.

Haly

Would buy Maiev.
Would buy pre-Searing Sylvanas. They can make it so "Lament of the Highbourne" replaces the background music if pre-Searing Sylvanas plays Banshee Queen Sylvanas.
$20

Rapstah

So, switching to most popular/famous, with an * next to ones that are already cards:

Mage: Kael'thas, Khagdar, Antonidas*
Warlock: Medivh, Ner'zhul, Archimonde
Paladin: Yrel, Tirion*, Bolvar*
Hunter: Shandris, Alleria, Vareesa, Sylvanas* (I'm assuming they're using a ranger here since there aren't really many hunters directly.)
Rogue: Maiev, Garona, Edwin VanCleef*
Shaman: Reh'gar
Druid: Broll, Cenarius*
Priest: Tyrande, Velen*, Vol'jin*

I was a bit loose with the definitions since I suspect they'll want more popular people than people who 100% hit the idea on the nose.

Ner'zhul was a shaman in the WoW TCG and I think that's the same version of the character that appears for ten minutes in WoW: WoD?

nerzhul_tw.jpg

Haly

Nerzhul was a Shaman before he went dark and summoned Kil'jaeden.

And then he became an icecube.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ner'zhul as a shaman would definitely be viable too.

Paladin seems like a tough choice, they are either cards already or not really recognizable or popular on same level as Uther.

For Mage, Kael is a lock.

Druid? I have no idea what they could do.

The comic book series had Valeera and Anduin, so I'm going to guess Broll is the most likely choice as he was in there too.

Haly

Was the comic book even that popular?

I figure the mainline characters are much more appealing than spinoff junk.

Opiate

Was the comic book even that popular?

I figure the mainline characters are much more appealing than spinoff junk.

Regardless of whether they were popular or not (I don't know), it is apparent that they are willing to use characters from them.

Rapstah

I wonder if the portrait is for constructed only.

Funny if he's in Arena.

I would love for them to be shuffled in with the rest so at some point in the future, someone gets to pick between Warrior, Warrior and Warrior for an Arena run.

Edit: Is this being added to the game instead of a card expansion this summer? Are they doing this so they don't have to add cards until November/December?

Milennia

I don't really want it to be the case, but I have a strong feeling the paladin hero will end up being Dezco or something..

I would love Yrel or Liadrin

JesseZao

I would love for them to be shuffled in with the rest so at some point in the future, someone gets to pick between Warrior, Warrior and Warrior for an Arena run.

Edit: Is this being added to the game instead of a card expansion this summer? Are they doing this so they don't have to add cards until November/December?

I highly doubt it. I'm still expecting an announcement for a new card expansion by late June/July.

Haly

Would buy all the Paladin and Mage alt skins just to get infinite 12 win arenas.

IT WAS PAY2WIN I TELL YOU, IT WAS P2W ALL ALONG.

Confirmed to be usable in Arena.

I don't think it will count as a separate hero though. The way it was described is that you'll be able to choose your "favorite hero" and that's the one you'll be playing with. So I assume it will just be part of the options menu similar to card backs and whichever one you choose is the one you'll see in Arena when that class pops up.

JesseZao

I don't think it will count as a separate hero though. The way it was described is that you'll be able to choose your "favorite hero" and that's the one you'll be playing with. So I assume it will just be part of the options menu similar to card backs and whichever one you choose is the one you'll see in Arena when that class pops up.

That's so confusing for new players!

...so deck slots confirmed to be behind paywall and they're testing the waters with alt heroes first.

Ok went back and dug up my older post on alternate heroes when it last came up for kicks

And I think for some classes they were already scratching the bottom of the lore barrel (Valeera lol) to get a new hero. Some ideas I have -
Warlock - Cho'gall, Medivh. Of course half the powerful demons count as Warlocks, but I assume they'd want to save Archimonde or Kil'Jaedan as a legendary.
Mage - Khadgar, Rhonin
Druid - Broll Bearmantle
Hunter - Veressa Windrunner? Should've saved Hemet as a hero and not made him into a terrible card
Warrior - Like half of the Iron Horde leaders in WoD, Muradin Bronzebeard
Rogue - Garona, Mathias Shaw, VanCleef's daughter, whoever her name was
Shaman - Drek'thar, Doomhammer but they already have the Doomhammer in so whatever
Paladin - Well they already used Tirion and Bolvar so I can't think of any other ones.
Priest - Tyrande?
Death Knight - Darion Mograine, Arthas, Thassarian
Monk - Taran Zhu, Chen Stormstout

I didn't think of Kael for mages or Liadrin for Paladin but both seem obvious. Kael could be a legendary as well

No new game boards either I guess.

Apparently the new "play area" they were talking about is the area to the left and right of the hero portrait.

Looks to just be a different color/design. Not sure if there will be a unique one for all the new heroes.

Iryx

Wonder if there will be a non-golden version for arena since it doesn't let you use golden portraits for all the current heroes.

clav

Choose LOKTAR OGAR, LOKTAR OGAR, or LOKTAR OGAR.

Great.

Perfect if he gets weapons for every other card selection.

Acinixys

I don't mind cash-only additions, as long as they're purely cosmetic. $9.99 is absurd though, so these won't be for me. So far the Solo Adventures have been the only part of Hearthstone that felt worth the cash price.

lol you think thats bad?

A single hero and a skin in HotS is 25 euros

Blizzard know how to suck money out of people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom