• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllGamer

I want a mode where I can play with pre patch cards. Not casual or ranked, just against friends and AI. I just want to play miracle rogue again :(

Ladekabel

Getting the amount of gold required for an arena run again. But probably won't do one. Got screwed badly in my last run with 3 disconnects in the first three turns and only got an 3 - 3 run which probably could have been more. This time I'm really going to save up for the first Naxx wing.

And I begin to love Thoughtsteal again. In the last few matches I got exactly what I needed. Be it Sludge Belcher, Dr. Boom or something other which was useful.

Celegus

Me at 20+ health, warrior at 3 health... EVERYONE GET IN HERE EVERYONE EVERYONE GET IN HERE GET IN HERE GET IN HERE.

This game.

Kornflayx

LOL at all the ropers out there. If you rope me, I rope you right back. Works like a charm. Most of them play normally after 2 turns

Rapstah

Mitchel, may I call you Mitchel? Mitchel, I don't think more deck slots is too confusing. Hell, Mitchel, if it were up to me or you, we'd have hundreds of deck slots right this instant!

(pause for applause)

Mitchel, let me tell you a story about James. James is a guy just like you or me. Nothing special about him. James doesn't play a lot of games.

etc.

Agraavan

LOL at all the ropers out there. If you rope me, I rope you right back. Works like a charm. Most of them play normally after 2 turns
Yeah, and I make sure to play my turn fast and just let the rope burn afterward while I browse the Neo so that the turd know I'm doing it on purpose.

Durden77

The thing is that the Hunter player isn't "out playing" you with this play... he's just going all face with Mad Scientist. Sometimes he will kill your shitty minions when a trap is up which telegraphs that it's Freezing Trap but usually they will just go face anyway.

That's the most annoying part. There's never been a time one has set a trap and I thought, "Wow! What a smart play!". It's more like, "Well duh, why wouldn't you do that. *sigh* How can I take the LEAST amount of damage from this..."

It's just not fun. It's one of the few thinga in this game that just kind of straight up feels dumb to me. But like you said, hopefully in the future I'll be able to build decks that are so strong, that the explosive trap is just a pothole.

ViviOggi

It's worse when it's set up for free by that piece of shit Mad Scientist.

They basically just go all face with Mad Scientist and force you to kill it. Then when you kill it it's a 50/50 guess between Freezing and Exploding (sometimes Snake as well). If you are playing a Midrange or Control deck that uses a bunch of bigger minions, Freezing Trap basically slows down your play dramatically but if you are playing an aggressive deck then Exploding Trap can destroy you as well.

The thing is that the Hunter player isn't "out playing" you with this play... he's just going all face with Mad Scientist. Sometimes he will kill your shitty minions when a trap is up which telegraphs that it's Freezing Trap but usually they will just go face anyway.

Exploding Trap seems to have been phased out in higher ranks though... it's just really only present in the lower ranks. Once you start entering the Grim Patron ranks, Exploding Trap ends up being a liability.
Is it really, in Face Hunter? The Dank Warrior matchup is a lost cause anyway so I don't think taking out Explosive is a smart move, it'll just weaken all your other matchups. If anything I'd expect people to drop FH altogether at the higher ranks, but I haven't played constructed seriously in a while so I wouldn't know what' exactly is going on there.

ViviOggi

Just drafted a mage deck with Ysera, Toshley, Flamewaker, 2x Flamestrike, 2x Fireball.

Lumine

Reached 12 last night for the second time in Arena. I don't play it much. In fact I didn't expect this one to do well. It had a nice curve with plenty of good 2 drops. Only 1 True Silver though and 2 Consecrations which actually didn't do much. Deck curved into 2 Frostwolf Warlords and 2 Drakonid Crushers who did a lot of work. Got precisely 500 gold out of it. :)

Dahbomb

Is it really, in Face Hunter? The Dank Warrior matchup is a lost cause anyway so I don't think taking out Explosive is a smart move, it'll just weaken all your other matchups. If anything I'd expect people to drop FH altogether at the higher ranks, but I haven't played constructed seriously in a while so I wouldn't know what' exactly is going on there.
Ladder ranked play is almost always a 3 way guess to figure out if they are playing Face, Hybrid or Midrange. Earlier on you face more Face and Hybrid than Midrange. Later on its Hybrids and Midrange.

So it's still a guess as to what trap it is. Not to mention some cute Hunters who change up a couple of cards to you guessing even more.

Pure Face Hunter is definitely starting to get phased out though. People have moved on to Hybrid. Thing is that Hybrid at times is tougher to deal with because you can't just use up all of your removal early on..... because then the Highmanes get dropped..

//ARCANUM

Omg. The funniest thing just happened. I had 2 Grim Patrons out (and nothing else) and dude played Avenging Wrath. Lolololol. Needless to say, he quickly conceded.

Danj

I need to do Rogue or Warrior for one of my quests today. I've tried Patron Warrior and Oil Rogue but I must be not doing something right because it seems to be very difficult to win with these, even on casual. I just need to win 4 more games, any suggestions?

EDIT: can't mulligan it, I already used my mulligan today

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They're very difficult decks to pilot.

Probably the most difficult decks in this game. Along with Handlock, perhaps.

I need to do Rogue or Warrior for one of my quests today. I've tried Patron Warrior and Oil Rogue but I must be not doing something right because it seems to be very difficult to win with these, even on casual. I just need to win 4 more games, any suggestions?

Well...those are two of the harder decks to play.

Maybe try the face rogue list?

Danj

Well...those are two of the harder decks to play.

Maybe try the face rogue list?

No results were found searching for "face" in rogue decks on HearthPwn in my dust range, do you have a suggestion?

EDIT: in fact there are only 3 rogue decks on HearthPwn with "face" in anyway, and I can't afford any of them.

No results were found searching for "face" in rogue decks on HearthPwn in my dust range, do you have a suggestion?

EDIT: in fact there are only 3 rogue decks on HearthPwn with "face" in anyway, and I can't afford any of them.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks?filter-unreleased-cards=t&filter-deck-tag=1&filter-deck-type-val=1&filter-deck-type-op=3&filter-class=128

Maybe try that link. All the Rogue aggro decks on Hearthpwn. I'm not familiar with them personally but you might find one on there you like.

Jadax

Just when I've built a decent Naxx deck and am starting to get into the game I get hyped and queue Arena, get rekt 1-3 (warrior) and lose interest in trying to lvl up my heroes.

Dahbomb

Whenever they throw over to Kripp I expect him to start with "hey guys how's it going Kripparrian here, so today I..."
And whenever he's about to go away I expect him to say "... and I'll see you guys tomorrow".

I love my daily dose of Kripparrian..

Duster

Omg. The funniest thing just happened. I had 2 Grim Patrons out (and nothing else) and dude played Avenging Wrath. Lolololol. Needless to say, he quickly conceded.

I've been forced into doing something similar to that which is annoying as it makes you look stupid.

(If I remember correctly the only way I was likely to win was to use a Goblin Blastmage and hope to hit face three times so a Pyroblast could finish them the next turn)

If Toshley's effect (not his stats) were on a lower-cost legendary, I'm sure he'd get way more play. Same with that legendary that gives you mechs if you play 1-mana spells.

clav

I think I'm going to keep him for now and run him in a deck. Who knows if a later expansion pack will make him more playable? Better than the Boulderfist Ogres I had.

I don't really play constructed aside for daily questing. I think I'll start playing constructed more once I have a decent card collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom