• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
dat feel when you lose 4 matches in a row in ranked :( It's time to stop for today. Funny thing i had a streak going in with my paladin deck until i got into rank 10 and started getting retk.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wow chat is really going nuts right now.

laugh.gif
BEST
laugh.gif
PATRON
laugh.gif
WARRIOR
laugh.gif
PLAYER
laugh.gif

_DrMario_

dat feel when you lose 4 matches in a row in ranked :( It's time to stop for today. Funny thing i had a streak going in with my paladin deck until i got into rank 10 and started getting retk.

Started the day with 7 straight losses in ladder. Almost quit HS right there lol. But in the end it only took one wining streak to get back to where I was.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What confounds me is how Blizz arrived at its ranking system. I mean going by the past few months 75% of the player base is rank 15 or higher while the other 25% occupy all of the ranks bellow 15. Just seems crazy to have it set up this way.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I used to care a lot about my rank in HS but now I just play so I can get golden portraits.

I've been having a hard time creating a druid deck, I wish he had better removal cards.

Durden77

I just figured out that the WARNING : Bots may explode on the Dr. Boom card means nothing. I thought that meant there was a chanve they could blow up when summoned, damaging you.

What a fucked up card lol.

I just figured out that the WARNING : Bots may explode on the Dr. Boom card means nothing. I thought that meant there was a chanve they could blow up when summoned, damaging you.

What a fucked up card lol.
That wouldn't be a bad nerf, if the bots could go off on summon, maybe damaging boom

clav

Decided to listen to the Warcraft II soundtrack tonight.

Now, I know where all that Hearthstone queuing opponent music originated.

I'm kind of sad I missed out on this game in my childhood as the game doesn't look like it aged well.

Let's see for tracks:

Human 1
Human 5
Orc 2
Orc 3 near the end

bunbun777

Time for confession, I made my first all gold deck. And it's face hunter. And I'm farming wins at low ranks. Be careful or this same fate may befall you!

Durden77

That wouldn't be a bad nerf, if the bots could go off on summon, maybe damaging boom

That's why I thought the card was perfectly reasonable until now. I've only seen it like 3 times so far, but I thought each time the summoner just got lucky. Now that I know they don't, I expect I'll see it a lot more. Shit's nuts. They cpuld at least make it to where the bomb's deathrattle could damage their own minions.

I just fought a generic deathrattle hunter using Undertakers named Trump and got my ass beat.

I am salt incarnate

I JUST FOUGHT A FREEZE MAGE USING MAJORDOMO AND WTF

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I just fought a generic deathrattle hunter using Undertakers named Trump and got my ass beat.

I am salt incarnate

I JUST FOUGHT A FREEZE MAGE USING MAJORDOMO AND WTF

Some kind of fad, because I encountered one as well earlier.

Some kind of fad, because I encountered one as well earlier.

It actually worked. I'm just glad to lose to something new

Looking at the Forbes article about Magni and I cannot fucking believe people are suggesting that the $10 cost should be for a completely new hero. That would be so much worse. So, so so much worse.

This one

Dahbomb

The meta game is so cyclical it's almost funny at times.

So many people play Grim Patron on Ladder. One of the ways to beat Grim Patron is to basically try to kill them before turn 8 sort of like how you play against Druids turn 9 combo. This results in people playing a bunch of aggro decks. Well guess what beats aggro... that's right, it's even faster and more aggressive aggro which is Face Hunter. So then all these aggro classes just play each other Ladder and rush to kill each other fast. In the middle of it crops up Control Warrior to counter Face Hunter but then people adjust to control Warrior with Druids and Midrange Hunter... which get beat by Face Hunter.

And then some genius was like "if I combined Face Hunter and Midrange Hunter I would win Hearthstone!"And he did because that is in fact what you see on Ladder now.... Hybrid Hunter.

I would mention that Handlock and Freeze Mage has been cropping up on Ladder due to presence of Zoolock but in my experience they can get beat by Hunter. Good Hunter players play around Freeze Mage by just sniping with hero power and letting them not proc Ice Barrier where as against Handlock sometimes you don't draw the heals or taunts to counter aggression and just get pummelled when you have a hand full of Mountain Giants and Jaraxxus (some of which will be Freezing Trapped back in your hand). I had a miserable day playing Handlock today and got bodied by turn 6 most of the time. Need heavy teching against aggro these days (double Chows etc).

I played a lot of Handlock today too, hovering around Rank 11-9. I was doing really good but then I hit rank 9 and lost back up to 11, then went back to 10. It was really frustrating.

I won two Handlock mirrors and shit those take forever. I can't tell if going first or second is better, I would think second but no one played anything until turn 4 both times and his hand was full.

The meta is in a weird spot where the expensive control decks like Handlock, Control Warrior and Freeze Mage are slightly weakened by the aggro and combo heavy decks, but I know they will come back. Handlock and Control Warrior are eternal.

Durden77

Wow....just went 0-3 in the arena. Last two runs were 1-3. What a shitty feeling. Everytime I play I feel like I make the shittiest deck and get the shittiest draws in the world and my opponents have the best. And I like never fight anyone but Mages and Paladins.

Ugh. I guess I just am not good at improvising a deck. I kind of hate arena I think. Really makes me frustrated at the game in a way that it doesn't do to me anywhere else. I love that I can get competitive with this game but still be really chill about it, but arena just winds me up an annoys the shit out of me.

Also I hate flamestrike. So. Fucking. Much.

cHinzo

Wow....just went 0-3 in the arena. Last two runs were 1-3. What a shitty feeling. Everytime I play I feel like I make the shittiest deck and get the shittiest draws in the world and my opponents have the best. And I like never fight anyone but Mages and Paladins.

Ugh. I guess I just am not good at improvising a deck. I kind of hate arena I think. Really makes me frustrated at the game in a way that it doesn't do to me anywhere else. I love that I can get competitive with this game but still be really chill about it, but arena just winds me up an annoys the shit out of me.

Also I hate flamestrike. So. Fucking. Much.
Are u uwing that arena tier list to draft value cards or are u just randomly drafting them when making a deck? :p I just started playing HS and went 3-3 and 4-3 in arena, but with that tier list I managed to get two 7-3 runs, one 6-3, two 5-3 runs and one 4-3. I think it really helps when u look for the better cards. Maybe also try to stick to classes you're comfortable playing with? It also helps to play around the strength of those Mage and Paladin classes. Against Paladins u want to keep clearing his minions so he can't use his buffs on it. Learned it the hard way when I left a 1/1 on the board and he used some Blessing of Kings on it lol. Against Mages u generally don't want to flood the board at turn 6 with low health minions in case of Flamestrike, but sometimes u just have unlucky runs. :d

I prefer doing arena than constructed, because I only have those basic decks, while everyone around me put a lot of money in their decks. :/ Arena gives a more even playing field imo, because all the cards are generally available to use. Only thing I hate is the GvG pack u get in the end. Hardly any staple cards compared to the classic pack.

gutshot

So apparently if you silence something that has been buffed by Power Word: Shield, it doesn't lose the +2 health. How does that make any sense?

Brakara

He is. He has a reputation for being awful and seems to honestly want to be better though, so I guess he deserves some credit.

I actually think he's one of the better casters in this tournament. He does a pretty good on the fly analysis of each play turn, which is welcome.

Strider

Yea I couldn't even load into the main menu... Was just stuck on the initial loading screen when I tried a few minutes ago.

Rapstah

Did someone say fake cards? No? Have some anyway:

44d707ef.png
dd927abb.png
a26683d3.png
'

Yes, the art for the Dragonblight Outrider is generic orc hunter TCG art tinted blue and desaturated:

outriderzargtcgsdplr.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Did someone say fake cards? No? Have some anyway

Dragonblight Outrider seems crazy strong. The drawback isn't even that bad. I'd pick that in arena even if I didn't have a Dragon or a Beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom