• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Shit, I opened a golden Bolvar Fordragon. I'm already like ~300 dust away from making my next legendary from dust, so I'm going to feel compelled to make a bad Paladin deck around him.

Bolvar isn't really a bad card. It's just there's too many 5-slots that are better in mid-range Paladin. I think he works in a more greedy control Paladin deck. The kind of deck that might have multiple targets for silence and/or BGH.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kitkatz makes the Patron Warriors I see around rank 13 look good.

Jesus christ he's actually going to lose this.

EDIT: Nevermind, he stabilized.

Rapstah

Bolvar isn't really a bad card. It's just there's too many 5-slots that are better in mid-range Paladin. I think he works in a more greedy control Paladin deck. The kind of deck that might have multiple targets for silence and/or BGH.

I'm going to make him work to the extent you can make him work. I can confirm creating a 34/7 isn't very good without any way to give it Charge.

His Dr. Boom - 5 minions on board, both hit my two patrons for perfect lethal

My Dr. Boom - 4 minions on board, both hit his Molten Giant for 1

kgcVCEG.gif

Rapstah

Reynad vs Lifecoach should be amazing unless Reynad wins 3-0.

Reynad drank an energy drink, I thought he said like two months ago he only ever drinks them 20 hours into a marathon because they're too much energy for him.

clav

Damn lifecoach almost roping on turn 1 with no plays, just thinking :lol

Do any of you struggle with Turn 1 whether to coin?

I sometimes catch myself doing that in arena since I'm not familiar with my deck.

If you do coin, do you throw a 2/3 or 3/2?

Tacitus_

I sometimes catch myself doing that in arena since I'm not familiar with my deck.

Sometimes. If for example I have two 2 drops and a 4 drop and something else I'll think about wheter I want to push a 2 drop on t1-2 and hope to get something for 3 or drop one of them on t2 and coin a 4 drop on t3.

Just never coin into a single 2 drop with no followup, because if it gets removed and you have to heropower on turn 2, you're going to be so behind.

If you do coin, do you throw a 2/3 or 3/2?

Depends. You probably shouldn't coin out 2 drop 3/2s like knife juggler because every class can kill them on turn 2. A 2/3 isnt much better. Frostbolt, Wrath, War Axe, Rockbiter/Lightning Bolt, Quick Shot, Deadly Poison/Spell Power backstab...Pretty much only Paladins can't handle that.

If you have 2 flame imps or a mana wyrm and a clockwork gnome in your opening hand I usually coin.

Tacitus_

Depends. You probably shouldn't coin out 2 drop 3/2s like knife juggler because every class can kill them on turn 2. A 2/3 isnt much better. Frostbolt, Wrath, War Axe, Rockbiter/Lightning Bolt, Quick Shot, Deadly Poison/Spell Power backstab...Pretty much only Paladins can't handle that.

If you have 2 flame imps or a mana wyrm and a clockwork gnome in your opening hand I usually coin.

Seal of Light brah

(ok, not the prime pick usually but it exists)

So what's the over-under on coining into hero power? I've never done it but I see handlocks do it and it just seems kinda silly to me? Do they just want to burn the coin?

I've also seen Druids do it, and rogues sometimes but rogue makes more sense based on the hand they might have

G.ZZZ

So what's the over-under on coining into hero power? I've never done it but I see handlocks do it and it just seems kinda silly to me? Do they just want to burn the coin?

I've also seen Druids do it, and rogues sometimes but rogue makes more sense based on the hand they might have

They need to because else you burn a card later.

Rapstah

Those were fair losses for Lifecoach. No problem with Reynad winning there, even though it's more fun when he loses unfairly.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Woah. That mistake from Lifecoach was unreal.

Welp Lifecoach clearly misplayed he should have checked first for freezing. Also i honestly don't get why would he waste FON to set off the trap because that's giving away your main winning connection, i think it would have been better to Druid of the claw for 7.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He should've ran the bomb into Reynad's face to check for the trap.

If Bomb had hit Reynad for even 1 point, Ropecoach would win right there. Was he really expecting to survive that turn to make another play afterwards? Fucking moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom