• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

F R
D
chansub-global-emoticon-577ade91d46d7edc-24x18.png
N

What exactly does "Can't be targeted by spells or hero powers" mean?

Can I hit the minion with my face as a Shaman?

Yes. You cannot -

Ping with Mage hero power
Target with buffs
Target with spells like Frostbolt

You can -

Hit it with a weapon
Hit it with random effects
Give it buffs from things like Sunfury Protector or Enhance-o-Machino

Yes. You cannot -

Ping with Mage hero power
Target with buffs
Target with spells like Frostbolt

You can -

Hit it with a weapon
Hit it with random effects
Give it buffs from things like Sunfury Protector or Enhance-o-Machino

K thanx. So the only "Hero Power" you can't do to it is Mage and Priest?

Hero weapons for Warrior, Paladin, etc. are fine?

Tacitus_

You also can't heal such minions with priests heropower, but you can target them with battlecries for buffs/healing/damage

K thanx. So the only "Hero Power" you can't do to it is Mage and Priest?

Hero weapons for Warrior, Paladin, etc. are fine?

Correct. Hitting it with your face is always possible, so druids hero power works and any spell that gives your hero attack for that turn also works (for example, Heroic Strike, Seal of Light, Rockbiter)

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
You gotta admit that play from phonetap took balls, he went all in and it payed off. I would have saved the combo for guaranteed lethal.

Dahbomb

This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated 'command to kill, 5% topdeck, 50% pace and a 100% reason to go for the face.

LMAO!

Tacitus_

Mech shaman just seems bad overall, if you build a board and it gets punished early you no way to draw so basically you are SOL.

It's an OK deck, but I meant the shitty draws. I played 2 games back to back with tempo mage where I had drawn 4/5 of my 5+ mana cards by turn 4.

When your deck has 21 <=3 mana cards, it feels baaad.

ViviOggi

oh my god pinging the bot for the ice block would have been so next level

and yeah mcshaman is just an all in deck, gotta believe in the heart of the cards. personally i would never bring that shit to tournaments because i absolutely couldn't deal with the salt after matches like the first two of this series

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
It's just a fast deck... you either win fast or you die a slow horrible death.

It's an OK deck, but I meant the shitty draws. I played 2 games back to back with tempo mage where I had drawn 4/5 of my 5+ mana cards by turn 4.

When your deck has 21 <=3 mana cards, it feels baaad.

From what i read and what you guys tell it's a very inconsistent deck, therefore in my mind it's not that good. But i like to play combo druid so i guess i'm a hypocrite, i wonder which deck is the more inconsistent one, probably mech shaman.

Tacitus_

From what i read and what you guys tell it's a very inconsistent deck, therefore in my mind it's not that good. But i like to play combo druid so i guess i'm a hypocrite, i wonder which deck is the more inconsistent one, probably mech shaman.

Well mech shaman can win by turn 2 or 3 if it has godly draws. No other deck can say that. But usually you try to get them low and then pray for your spells so you can finish them. I only take it out for dailies and it works well enough for them (and I don't have fel reaver)

Turn 3 win in a tournament: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEEoy0tBGlE

Dahbomb

Combo Druid is more consistent for sure.

Mech Shaman works in the current environment (especially on Ladder) because everyone plays so aggressively. So when everyone plays aggressively you can win by being more aggressive. So you get your Zapomatic out against Face Hunter and then hit their face... they are forced to kill your Zapomatic or they lose. And when they use their stuff to kill your cheap minions then that's less damage they can do to your face. It's basically a game of chicken of who can flinch from hitting face first.

However it loses to the standard anti-aggro decks and is more reliant on getting a good start. That Healadin match was the perfect example..... Mech Shaman got out controlled and out healed.

Dahbomb

REYNAD TOP DICKING DEM FIREBALLS!!!!!!

People really overestimate Handlock in these match ups. On paper Handlock is favored against Grim Patron and Tempo Mage... but it's not an auto win like some people think it is. These decks can put enough damage on you to pressure you and if you don't draw the AOE clears/heals/taunts then you lose.

Dahbomb

Well his opponent is playing pretty bad as well. Why the hell would you play Loatheb with a Secret up from a Mage and you have an Ooze in hand?

Well his opponent is playing pretty bad as well. Why the hell would you play Loatheb with a Secret up from a Mage and you have an Ooze in hand?

Yeah why ever give your opponent a 5/5 Loatheb when its not needed. Bet everyone is thinking how did we lose to these schmucks.

Dahbomb

It boils down to either:

Hunter vs Grim Patron

or

Hunter vs Hunter

For the finals of this tournament.

THIS IS THE GAME WE PLAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom