• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Oh so you don't run Siphon Soul.

I don't know man, I like having one of Siphon Soul in there.

I also have the single Ooze mostly because it helps in the Hunter match up as well. Harrison comes out too late against Hunter so Ooze fits better I feel.

You run the same deck as I do but instead of Siphon Soul you have an extra Owl. I think I am going to try out that difference see how it feels.

zon

I think I just got the worst arena mage deck I've ever had since I started playing HS.

No fireballs, no polys, no flamestrikes, no water eles, not even sorc apprentices were offered to me. Instead the game offered me 5 young dragonhawks...

I might get 3 wins if I'm lucky...

edit: Yup, first game I play is against a mage with sunwalker and sludge belcher. Not a single card I have comes even close to that quality. I change my guess to 1 win if I'm lucky...

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Posted by Blizz:

giphy.gif

Pooya

2v2 mode maybe but how that would fit on their mobile client...

maybe it's just shop, current shop doesn't have room for all the new micro transactions coming up

Pooya

Maybe now you can just buy any card!! instead of buying 200 packs just pay 20* bucks and here is your Dr. Boom, value for your money and time!!! all presented in this brand new shop where only selected cards are available for sale on a weekly basis!

*I feel I'm underestimating their would be prices for a legendary card

Dahbomb

How would cards like Mal'ganas, Auchenai and Zombie Chow work in 2v2
Malganis: It would just make your hero immune, not your partner's. Same for your demons, it won't apply to your opponent's.

Auchenai: Only your cards will do damage instead of heal, your partner's card would still head rather than do damage.

Auchenai + Circle Healing will do damage to all minions on the board (your partner's and both the opponents as well) as it says "ALL minions".

Zombie Chow: This one is the trickiest. It says enemy hero (singular) but in 2v2 it's hard to say which hero it will go to so I am just going to assume that it goes to both heroes.

Really I want some goofy game modes. Like:

Mogor mode where Mogors effect is always on
Nozdormu mode
Everything goes mode when you can pick from every classes card pool. Yes this would obviously be broken because of stuff like Warriors with Gahzrilla and Rogues with Malganis and Master of Disguise
Boss mode where you play as bosses against friends

zon

Holy fuck I did manage 3 wins in the end with that piece of shit deck.

It's a joke that it's even possible to happen though. I had 5 cards that had 4 or more in attack, and I took all that I was able to. GG blizzard.

Dahbomb

Man 2v2 would totally flip the game on its head and would actually greatly reduce the impact of some RNG cards.

*Knife Juggler: With the opponent's board and his character as well... Knife Juggler is far less likely to hit the desired minion on the board.

*Flamewaker: Same concept as Knife Juggler, less likely to hit the desired target.

*Boom Bots: Same as above.

*While you wouldn't get the desired target... Mad Bomber would be better able to spread out its damage on the board (and less likely to hit your own board).

*Sea Giant might actually be completely broken in this mode now that I think about it.

I feel like the best way to play would be to have a class that is pure control and another that is pure DPS rush. Imagine combining a Freeze Mage with a Face Hunter deck... Freeze Mage freezes all the opponents' board while the Face Hunter just keeps dishing out the damage. Or Freeze Mage with Grim Patron where they stall out the game for your while you draw in to your combo pieces then whirling blade the entire board for a 50+ damage Berserker!

FeD.nL

Peasant mode

The Orc/Human workers from warcraft 3 dueling each other.
Only commons and basic cards
No classes
No hero powers

Cat Party

Someone explain Solo Adventures to me. Do I have to pay $50 dollars to play it? Is it worth it?
There are two "adventures." $25 each but you can buy them with gold, one wing at a time. You get fun and/or difficult matches to play and you're rewarded with cards that can only be obtained that way. Some of these cards are necessary for certain playstyles, so in that sense they are worth it.

I bought Blackrock with money and now I'm unlocking Naxxramas with gold. Takes about a week for me to earn the 700 gold for each wing. Not too bad.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Someone explain Solo Adventures to me. Do I have to pay $50 dollars to play it? Is it worth it?

I thought the solo adventures were incredibly fun, they are basically a series of heros and decks you have to face against, sometimes you are actively building your decks around the threats and learning how to adapt. I played naxxramus when I was new to the game and had a lot of fun. The cards you get from them are also pretty great. overall, I thought the value was great for what you got.

Brakara

If you're going to spend any money at all on this game, spend it on these (especially Naxx). But you can also grind awhile and use gold instead of real money.

cHinzo

Maybe now you can just buy any card!! instead of buying 200 packs just pay 20* bucks and here is your Dr. Boom, value for your money and time!!! all presented in this brand new shop where only selected cards are available for sale on a weekly basis!

*I feel I'm underestimating their would be prices for a legendary card
Not being able to buy specific single cards or not being able to trade card between players is odd in a card game. Would have been great additions to this game imo. Also, having replays would be great to capture those awesome comebacks or RNG madness. Oh well, missed opportunities. I guess Blizzard is still wondering if they wanna add more deck slots or not. :d

heringer

There are two "adventures." $25 each but you can buy them with gold, one wing at a time. You get fun and/or difficult matches to play and you're rewarded with cards that can only be obtained that way. Some of these cards are necessary for certain playstyles, so in that sense they are worth it.

I bought Blackrock with money and now I'm unlocking Naxxramas with gold. Takes about a week for me to earn the 700 gold for each wing. Not too bad.

I thought the solo adventures were incredibly fun, they are basically a series of heros and decks you have to face against, sometimes you are actively building your decks around the threats and learning how to adapt. I played naxxramus when I was new to the game and had a lot of fun. The cards you get from them are also pretty great. overall, I thought the value was great for what you got.

If you're going to spend any money at all on this game, spend it on these (especially Naxx). But you can also grind awhile and use gold instead of real money.

Thanks for all the answears guys, I appreciate it!

It's almost a year since I last played, so forgive me if some of my noob questions.

I just reinstalled the game and won 3 times in a row with my level 13 mage. I don't know if I was lucky to find opponents as bad as I am, but it was nice! How can I know my rank? I thought I was 25 (I have 28 victories total), but after I won 3 times the number decreased to 24.

So, you guys recommend me spending the in game gold I earn (earned 90 today already, nice) on the wings instead of packs? I'm a bit afraid of going in the arena because I'll probably won't get any streak.

ViviOggi

oh my fucking god this guy just coined a PATRON on 4 - board state: my mad scientist. that's it. no weapons, no other minions, no nothing. no inner rage or discounted whirlwinds, that was straight up his turn.

middle ranks are fun

Cat Party

Thanks for all the answears guys, I appreciate it!

It's almost a year since I last played, so forgive me if some of my noob questions.

I just reinstalled the game and won 3 times in a row with my level 13 mage. I don't know if I was lucky to find opponents as bad as I am, but it was nice! How can I know my rank? I thought I was 25 (I have 28 victories total), but after I won 3 times the number decreased to 24.

So, you guys recommend me spending the in game gold I earn (earned 90 today already, nice) on the wings instead of packs? I'm a bit afraid of going in the arena because I'll probably won't get any streak.
Low rank is good until you reach legend (past rank 1). Ranks are reset every month. Above rank 20, you are playing newbies and extremely casual players. Once you get lower than 20, you will run into all kinds of decks, including decks loaded with legendaries.

Kenaras

I think I just got the worst arena mage deck I've ever had since I started playing HS.

No fireballs, no polys, no flamestrikes, no water eles, not even sorc apprentices were offered to me. Instead the game offered me 5 young dragonhawks...

I might get 3 wins if I'm lucky...

edit: Yup, first game I play is against a mage with sunwalker and sludge belcher. Not a single card I have comes even close to that quality. I change my guess to 1 win if I'm lucky...

Sounds like a typical draft to me. Either you've had exceptional luck with your drafts so far, or I've had exceptionally bad luck.

Dahbomb

The only Legendary I can think that's of equal value is Sylvanas so that I guess
Yeah but not everyone has Sylvanas either.

I am saying how many shitty Legendaries are you willing to give up to get Dr Balanced.

I think giving up 4 Legendaries is kinda stupid as you can just disenchant them to get Dr Balanced anyway. 3 is also a bit too much as 400 dust is not that hard to come by.

However I do think that people would definitely give up 2 shitty Legendaries for a Dr Balanced.

Hey guys, I normally play on EU but got the spectate quest on the US acc today and I don't have any friends there yet, so anyone up for getting spectated for a bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom