• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

2V2 would be nuts. The whole game is balanced (lol) around 1v1....I can't imagine how 2v2 would even work. The core functionality of so many cards would have to change.

See the Sea Giant example above, damn.

I'm really hoping this will involve some kind of filter for searching out specific types of opponents. Like, there's no duel I like better than Priest vs Priest, so if I could, for Casual mode, I'd love to face other Priests only, etc.

What other types of modes are feasible additions?

2v2 mode would be hilarious

who cares about balance, I want to see reynad + kripp 2v2 ladder double salt overload

mortal_kombat_x__erron_black_fatality__sand_storm__by_mardetonam-d8ryzfy.gif

Rapstah

I'm assuming the new button has something to do with the tournament mode that various clients have been crashing into for months now.

Dahbomb

LMAO @ balance in 2v2.

Yeah... just like "balance" in Arena.

These are just for fun modes, no need to balance for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyDrjen_2vE

Kripp goes over the top 10 most overdue changes for Hearthstone.

Most of these are related to stuff like rewards system, friends list, deck slots etc. but the #1 change he wanted was of course Dr Balanced being finally changed to Dr Boom.

He talked to some devs at ESL and they gave the bull shit response of "well people spend so long trying to build up to Dr Balanced and save up all their dust and they will get upset if we nerf it" in addition to stuff like Control Warrior being made useless if Dr Balanced was nerfed (yea right Blizzard... Control Warrior was actually a thing before Dr Balanced).

So Blizzard has basically shifted their defense of nerfing Dr Balanced from "this card is fine" too "this card is totally not being used in every deck" to "nerfing this card would upset people who saved up dust to craft them".

What fucking bull shit. That's the whole POINT of having the full dust refund. Your over powered Legendary gets nerfed? Ok then you disenchant it and craft the next over powered Legendary. That's how it has worked forever and that's the whole point of the system .

With this reasoning, they have reason to not ever nerf a Legendary ever again. Can't wait for next expansion when some bull shit Legendary comes out that breaks the game... I wonder what their reasoning for that will be then.

Has anyone else started saving gold for the inevitable next expansion already? I've been slacking on my dailies (oh witcher 3, you glorious time-sink) and figured to just start hoarding gold. Pretty happy with my collection (only missing a couple of relevant legendaries) and have zero interest in playing arena.

Rapstah

If it was a tournament mode I would cry.

For some sad reason I am expecting a shop button.

Shop Tournament

We know you can barely wait for the vibrant new art never before seen in the Blizzard universe and new play areas featuring a unique custom visual theme for each hero, but starting June 10th, you may get access to the New Heroes before anyone else... if you're good enough!

Simply beat 1023 other players in the heart-pounding single elimination tournament mode to open up the New Hero Store early and get the chance to purchase New Heroes for 9.99$, 8.99€ or 5.99£! Which one will you pick?

New Heroes do not add new cards to your collection or change the classes’ activated Hero Power and are not considered new classes.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I hope they nerf dr. Boom because I somehow got two extras of him yesterday ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Milennia

Shop Tournament

We know you can barely wait for the vibrant new art never before seen in the Blizzard universe and new play areas featuring a unique custom visual theme for each hero, but starting June 10th, you may get access to the New Heroes before anyone else... if you're good enough!

Simply beat 1023 other players in the heart-pounding single elimination tournament mode to open up the New Hero Store early and get the chance to purchase New Heroes for 9.99$, 8.99€ or 5.99£! Which one will you pick?

New Heroes do not add new cards to your collection or change the classes’ activated Hero Power and are not considered new classes.
Eternal sadness

daemissary

It's gotta be something more substantial than a shop or replay mode, right? 2v2 would be very difficult to balance and I bet it will be years down the line before that happens...if ever.

My bet is on some sort of tournament mode.

I think it'll just be a spot for the new heroes. A place to choose which one you use for each class. Maybe they'll move card backs there as well. Possibly even add in a list of achievements so that they're actually viewable.

I'll be surprised if it's a new mode.

I feel like whatever it is, they've been planning on it for a while. I think that open space has been there for a while now. I would also bet it's something big game wise to give it a front of the box button.

I'm also going to guess it's a multi-player because anything you can do by yourself could be listed under Play or Solo adventures. For example, if 2v2 does become a game mode, and you wanted to play with/against a bunch of random people, they could split up the menu under Play like they have Solo Adventures now. It seems the most likely.

Random wild guess, it's a Sandbox mode. You can create any deck with any card, any amount of a card, and any hero. Then follow it up with a custom card creator where you can play your wildest dream cards against AI and friends.

Dreavus

LMAO @ balance in 2v2.

Yeah... just like "balance" in Arena.

These are just for fun modes, no need to balance for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyDrjen_2vE

Kripp goes over the top 10 most overdue changes for Hearthstone.

Most of these are related to stuff like rewards system, friends list, deck slots etc. but the #1 change he wanted was of course Dr Balanced being finally changed to Dr Boom.

He talked to some devs at ESL and they gave the bull shit response of "well people spend so long trying to build up to Dr Balanced and save up all their dust and they will get upset if we nerf it" in addition to stuff like Control Warrior being made useless if Dr Balanced was nerfed (yea right Blizzard... Control Warrior was actually a thing before Dr Balanced).

So Blizzard has basically shifted their defense of nerfing Dr Balanced from "this card is fine" too "this card is totally not being used in every deck" to "nerfing this card would upset people who saved up dust to craft them".

What fucking bull shit. That's the whole POINT of having the full dust refund. Your over powered Legendary gets nerfed? Ok then you disenchant it and craft the next over powered Legendary. That's how it has worked forever and that's the whole point of the system .

With this reasoning, they have reason to not ever nerf a Legendary ever again. Can't wait for next expansion when some bull shit Legendary comes out that breaks the game... I wonder what their reasoning for that will be then.

That is a super lame excuse, yikes. How upset randomnetdecker#27189 is going to be is completely irrelevant to the state of balance surrounding the card.

It makes no sense because that is literally the point of the full dust refunds when a card changes. And you know what, it's been a totally fair way to do it. They had it right! There is no need to make excuses like this, just change the card. If people don't like it, they'll take the dust instead and be on their way.

zon

Dr. Boom should be a 7/5 and his two bots should only be able to do 1-3 damage on death imo.

Sounds like a typical draft to me. Either you've had exceptional luck with your drafts so far, or I've had exceptionally bad luck.

As I said in a later post, I was offered a grand total of 5 minions that had more than 3 attack. I really doubt your arena drafts are that bad on a regular basis. And when I play Mage I usually get at least one poly or fireball or flamestrike or water elemental (not one copy of all four, but one of those four cards) that I can pick. I don't see that as having exceptional luck.

gutshot

I think it'll just be a spot for the new heroes. A place to choose which one you use for each class. Maybe they'll move card backs there as well. Possibly even add in a list of achievements so that they're actually viewable.

I'll be surprised if it's a new mode.

Zeriyah has already confirmed that alternate hero selection will be handled in the Collection manager.

https://twitter.com/CM_Zeriyah/status/607958267591991297

Plus all the other buttons on the box are game modes, so I feel pretty confident that it will be a new game mode.

Acinixys

That is a super lame excuse, yikes. How upset randomnetdecker#27189 is going to be is completely irrelevant to the state of balance surrounding the card.

It makes no sense because that is literally the point of the full dust refunds when a card changes. And you know what, it's been a totally fair way to do it. They had it right! There is no need to make excuses like this, just change the card. If people don't like it, they'll take the dust instead and be on their way.

Also, so many people crafted the most balanced of Miracle Rouge cards, Leeroy "Fuck You" Jenkins, and they nerfed the shit out of him

But Blizzard has always sucked when it comes to balancing their games

facepalm.gif

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Dr. Boom should be a 7/5 and his two bots should only be able to do 1-3 damage on death imo.

Screw the double RNG. The boom bots should do 2 damage straight up. That plus the 7/5 was always the way to do it IMO.

Special C

Zeriyah has already confirmed that alternate hero selection will be handled in the Collection manager.

https://twitter.com/CM_Zeriyah/status/607958267591991297

Plus all the other buttons on the box are game modes, so I feel pretty confident that it will be a new game mode.

Hopefully they use this opportunity to flesh out collection manager even more. I'd like to see card backs being selected per deck, instead of just having one setting. Would give a reason to collect all those card backs if you could use more of them easily.

I agree with those saying Druid has fallen on hard times. I have abandoned Druid as my main and gone Demon Zoolock of late. The power and versatility of that deck vs a ramp druid is absolutely night and day. Druid just sucks ass these days. Needs some improvements to be a top tier contender.

I hope it's 2v2.
I've been waiting for it since launch.

1v1 is getting stale and boring and rng sucks.
I only boringly do my dailies nowadays in hopes of 2v2 coming up.

ViviOggi

I agree with those saying Druid has fallen on hard times. I have abandoned Druid as my main and gone Demon Zoolock of late. The power and versatility of that deck vs a ramp druid is absolutely night and day. Druid just sucks ass these days. Needs some improvements to be a top tier contender.
You've been saying this for months when this is the first week in ages Druid doesn't make top 5

Cat Party

Still playing the Backspace rogue deck with Leroy quite often. Good times
Leroy is still a great Rogue card, even with the nerf. Especially because the emperor opens up even better combos. Great synergy with oil and/or blade flurry. I like playing that style deck but I don't have preparation :(

Well, thank god it isn't 2v2. My body is not ready.

I think it is a tournament button.

It could be arena ladder, but that might have just been added to the play mode part... possibly. So either arena ladder or tournament.

You've been saying this for months when this is the first week in ages Druid doesn't make top 5

Months? I think I abandoned my Druid in May. Top 5 means nothing - that's a whole different class of play. Druid in the hands of an average player is going to get wrecked by much better decks by other average players. If you're a great player you might be able to break "top 5", but the masses are going to do far worse with it than that.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
God i'm getting better with rogue but every match is a fucking heart attack, when i win often i have barely any HP left. Case in point:

I had to blade furry the board twice and sap dr boom and illidan from bane of doom. It was so fucking close the dude sent me PM saying well played.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
God i'm getting better with rogue but every match is a fucking heart attack, when i win often i have barely any HP left. Case in point:

Welcome to Oil Rogue! Now you're playing real decks for real men.

ViviOggi

Months? I think I abandoned my Druid in May. Top 5 means nothing - that's a whole different class of play. Druid in the hands of an average player is going to get wrecked by much better decks by other average players. If you're a great player you might be able to break "top 5", but the masses are going to do far worse with it than that.
Top 5 as in top decks to play on ladder

clav

Seems like Paladin's worst matchup is Druid.

I don't see what the complaining is about Druid falling out of ladder.

clav

I don't know what gives you that impression. I think paladin is slightly favored, at worst.

I always die to the tree combo.

Maybe because I don't have Tirion yet.

I just crafted Quartermaster, and I feel underwhelmed. It probably will help me in Patron Warrior matchups, but I think Stormwind Champion was more useful against other ones.

Everyone just keeps killing the 1/1s on every turn, so people always expect that card to show up.

Hm. That makes me wonder.

What if Warriors started adding Stormwind Champions to their Patron decks? 4/4 Patrons would be ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom