• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
watching amaz
DansGame.png

Tacitus_

Code:
1-3                                            3-3
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Imy5LtK.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/Q1JnXR8.png[/img]

There is no justice in the world

Mixed2k

They could make a tournament mode similar to how it worked in the original Street Fighter 4, it was pretty cool.

Here's how it worked:
- You play a game against someone that is also playing their first game. If you lose you're out.
- If you win, now you play against someone that also won their 2nd match.
- Repeat the process until the number of required wins to become champ.

It was a very simple mode to setup and I loved it more than the point system in SF4.
There was no need for a lobby system or anything, you just fight a random opponent.
It gave a good accomplishment feeling to it when you won.

Brakara

Tournament Mode?

Looks like it. I'd bet it is a constructed tournament that runs like arena, with 3 losses or 12 wins (though maybe fewer wins), and where you don't have to play all matches in one go. This fits the mobile and casual style they've been going for so far. Maybe they're even calling it "Brawl" or something like that.

Edit: and I'm also convinced they'll announce it this week and then show it off at E3 next week. No need to wait for the announcement since it has a chance of drowning among all the other ones at E3. Otherwise they may as well have waited with the new heroes announcement as well.

JesseZao

This would make me bet it is a constructed tournament that runs like arena, with 3 losses or 12 wins (though maybe fewer wins), and where you don't have to play all matches in one go. This fits the mobile and casual style they've been going for so far. Maybe they're even calling it "Brawl" or something like that.

Would be cool to have it incorporate deckbuilding similar to a challengestone-type format. You could have new constraints each week or month. I think it would be more fun to have it be a closed group and to play the games to completion, but unfortunately, mobile probably prevents that. If they just use matchmaking, then maybe you have to forfeit your deck when a new challenge stats, or you have to remake it.

I bet they reveal it tomorrow at 9am est.

embalm

I want a Challenge / Tournament mode.

Allow's you to create a tournament bracket by inviting friends. The Tournament types are the same as their official tournaments.

Allow the tournament organizer to setup custom rules that decks must meet.
  • Allowing the Ban specific classes.
  • Allow limits on cards: Ban cards out right, or by tribe, cost, attack, health or whatever. (like cards must be greater than 3 mana or even mana only)
  • Allows us to Change fundamental game rules. Like mana crystals start at 5 or mana growth ends at 3 crystals. Or all minions cost 3 more mana. Or turns only last 15 seconds.

Once a month Blizzard starts their own custom rules tournament.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I drafted three webspinners and it has been pretty amazing. Just got win number 6 through exact king krush-spinner lethal.

Edit: oh, now I got gahz'rilla.

Minsc

Gold Member
How in the world are these Shaman getting so lucky with the garbage no-draw decks with 3/2 windfury things + two rockbiters in their starting 5 cards time after time, doing like 20+ damage by turn 3? Please, enjoy your wins if the RNG is that tilted in your favor.

Schryver

How in the world are these Shaman getting so lucky with the garbage no-draw decks with 3/2 windfury things + two rockbiters in their starting 5 cards time after time, doing like 20+ damage by turn 3? Please, enjoy your wins if the RNG is that tilted in your favor.

I lost to that last night. I should have expected the double rockbiter. Rookie mistake

Agreed I get wrecked by that deck yesterday. Went way too fast. Trump did say about a week ago that Mech Shaman decks are to be cautioned. And he's right obviously haha

Milennia

I hate playing against that crap -.- its always up in the air if i die in the first 4 turns.

Special C

It's the new Inner Fire/Divine Spirit.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i got rekt by the same hunter twice in a row because i thought not popping up his explosive traps and giving him a bow charge was the correct play, i tried to play around it putting a sludge belcher at 2 HP but he wouldn't take the bait. Am i wrong or it's setting off the traps as soon as posible the correct play unless you have a kezan, fuck those traps sucks bad as Paladin.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So i got rekt by the same hunter twice in a row because i thought not popping up his explosive traps and giving him a bow charge was the correct play, i tried to play around it putting a sludge belcher at 2 HP but he wouldn't take the bait. Am i wrong or it's setting off the traps as soon as posible the correct play unless you have a kezan, fuck those traps sucks bad as Paladin.

You gotta remember another bow charge is just 3 damage. Think about whether not making a move is really worth not taking an extra 3 damage.

Dahbomb

It's on a case by case basis.

If you are holding attacks to his face for that long chance are you are going to lose anyway because you aren't putting enough pressure on the Hunter.

Durden77

I've been playing this game so much that I litterally couldn't sleep the other night cause my mind wouldn't stop thinking about it, and was playing games in my head all night. I don't even know if it was a half-dream or what. Kinda fucked up. Think it's time for a break.

I've been playing this game so much that I litterally couldn't sleep the other night cause my mind wouldn't stop thinking about it, and was playing games in my head all night. I don't even know if it was a half-dream or what. Kinda fucked up. Think it's time for a break.

I do that when I'm completely into a game. It happened when I started playing this last week.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
You gotta remember another bow charge is just 3 damage. Think about whether not making a move is really worth not taking an extra 3 damage.

It's on a case by case basis.

If you are holding attacks to his face for that long chance are you are going to lose anyway because you aren't putting enough pressure on the Hunter.

In hindsight it was worth giving him a bow charge because my low HP minions were just sitting there doing nothing while i was getting the hunter hero power, i was so focused on not giving him a bow charge that i kinda forgot i had to put minions on the table to win. damn i wish i had enough to craft harrison, would have been useful in that match.

Dahbomb

In hindsight it was worth giving him a bow charge because my low HP minions were just sitting there doing nothing while i was getting the hunter hero power, i was so focused on not giving him a bow charge that i kinda forgot i had to put minions on the table to win. damn i wish i had enough to craft harrison, would have been useful in that match.
Harrison comes out too late against Hunters to matter a lot of the time. That's why you need to tech in an Ooze. That way you can play Ooze and then probably play another thing to get the tempo going. Hunters don't really give a crap that you have one body on the board and one more card draw. It's all about tempo.

Skyzard

Banned
Just played through the intro as a new player, the first few missions, I get the right to create an account and then it disconnects and now I'm in a loop of reconnect and disconnect messages.

Is it down at the moment?

-working fine now.

Milennia

Ok so for my favorite classes these are the heroes i would love to have as alternates-

Paladin- liadrin or Yrel
Rogue- garona or maiev
Druid- Broll but im pretty sure that wont happen.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
CarbonatedFalcon can corroborate this story.

I was playing as a Shadow Madness Priest and I was up against a Deathrattle Priest. I wasn't losing by much but I was behind. I was holding onto a Sylvanas for several turns because my opponent wasn't developing too big of a board and I needed her to get value. I kill a Feugen.and then my opponent immediately plays Stalagg.

So I play Sylvanas. My opponent, then decides to do the dumb thing and play Baron Rivendare and a Piloted Shredder.

I promptly use a Cabal Shadow Priest to steal Rivendare, and run Sylvanas into Stalagg. I receive a brand new Thaddius and Piloted Shredder for my trouble.

Now that is a swing.

9 wins in arena and I get a crummy 150g, 25 dust, golden Common, and a pack. Rewards are fucking out of whack.

The pack had an Iron Juggernaut legendary in it though, so I suppose I can't bitch too much.

Last game just got demolished by a Mage who had two flamestrikes in like the top 12 cards.

Dahbomb

Alright Ladder is starting to pop up with Paladins using Black Knights, double Equalities for the maximum Handlock counter.

Time to switch to Zoolock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom