• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Clearly the mage is Medivh wearing cat ears:

w1sk3.jpg

Edit:

Damn you Tacitus_! :p

Dreavus

I wonder why they made the decision to only do one "Every couple of days"? Are they worried about how many players they'll have playing it?

Any reason why they can't sell those hero portraits for gold ?

Some crazy amount (10k?) obviously to make purchasing with $ more enticing for whales.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Coming in to this thread to say

DAY FUCKING ONE

TAKE MY MONEY

JesseZao

I read it as it will be a free mode. (but yes it's left open)

Tavern Brawls will have free admission when the new mode becomes available.
As part of the launch celebration, you'll earn a free card pack when you win your
first game of the week in the first several brawls!

They didn't say the free admission was a part of the launch celebration.

Edit: Okay confirmed not free after window.

Leezard

I read it as it will be a free mode.

"Tavern Brawls will have free admission when the new mode becomes available." implies it won't be free forever, but only as a launch event. If they meant free mode in general, "Tavern Brawls will have free admission" would suffice.

Dahbomb

Yeah that definitely sounds like free at first, pay for it afterwards.

Let's hope the rewards are good if it is indeed 150 to enter.

inky

"Brawls will have free admission when the new mode becomes available."

I could read that either way.

Yup.

If they want people to challenge and play with friends it might just be free forever.
I think it depends on the rewards, if any. The free pack seems to be an incentive to play after launch, but it doesn't specify if that is going away at some point, or if it will be a permanent thing after that, like arena.

Edit: nevermind. Seems like a paid mode in the future.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty disheartened to hear that this is a paid mode. The rewards had better be really really good to justify that. If it simply uses the Arena reward structure, I'm not sure I'll bother outside of having some fun every once in a while.

EDIT: If it is at least free to play vs friends that would be something. It would at least give me a reason to bother challenging my friends to a friendly game. There is only so much I can take of playing constructed against anyone. Some enforced silliness might be a fun use of the mode.

Schryver

Yeah. Also confirmed that its $10 per hero since after last week's Beastcast part of me wondered if maybe it could be $10 for all of them lol

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Zeriyah ‏@CM_Zeriyah 27m27 minutes ago
@Holysnowva @DionTholen I don't want to imply anything that may be misconstrued. Tavern Brawl is free.

So it's an alternate way to play and do daily quests, and the upfront packs are for the launch event and not a normal reward.

Ocho

"Tavern Brawls will have free admission when the new mode becomes available." implies it won't be free forever, but only as a launch event. If they meant free mode in general, "Tavern Brawls will have free admission" would suffice.

I read that it implied that whenever the mode becomes available (you know, because they will turn it off until they get the new rules up) it will be free aka always free. Weird wording, I know.

JesseZao

I read that it implied that whenever the mode becomes available (you know, because they will turn it off until they get the new rules up) it will be free aka always free. Weird wording, I know.

Yeah. Looks like they weren't all on the same page on twitter.

Now it's looking like it'll be a free mode full stop. (Zeriyah deleted the tweet about free duing window)

Leezard

After some mixed messages on twitter it does indeed seem like it will be free proper. Your interpretation makes sense too.

embalm

That is really awesome. An entirely free mode that turns the game on it's head will be awesome. I wish they released a video of the feature and clarified everything.

Crazy that it's coming out in 5 to 10 days if they hit the mid-June release mentioned in the blog.

Nyx

Dat Heigan the Unclean...

'So you got me to 6 HP huh? Well here's Mal'Ganis for ya, a 9/9 minion that makes me immune this round as well.

..next round..

'Oh you want to finish me off now that the immunity is gone? Well, here's some Faceless Dude that I'll turn into a second Mal'Ganis, making me immune again. And that 20ish HP of yours? With 2 x 11/11 minions on the board you are dead son.'

Fuck Heigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom