• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

One more reason now for more deck slots. Wtf is going on with this basic feature??

Seriously. I'd feel comfortable with 15, but would love 20. At bare minimum, I'd want one per class, and at least a few more slots to fuck around with multiple decks for my fave class.

Raxus

Yeah. Also confirmed that its $10 per hero since after last week's Beastcast part of me wondered if maybe it could be $10 for all of them lol

What the fuck?

I ain't paying 90 bucks for a skin change on all my heroes. Blizzard has the worst pricing for costume DLC.

Dahbomb

My guess is that they might have a server cache issue with more deck slots. They quoted the same issue with having more stash space in Diablo 3. I don't personally think it should be that hard to implement it but I am not a game designer so I don't really know.

They can make some much money making more slot and stash size purchaseable in game.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck?

I ain't paying 90 bucks for a skin change on all my heroes. Blizzard has the worst pricing for costume DLC.

Yep. Just gonna nope right out of that one. I've bought cards before, and this just seems silly. I've even bought Hats in Dota 2, but I cannot spend $10 on this card game when I DON'T EVEN GET CARDS!

Dahbomb

What the fuck?

It's the fanboy and whales who purchase this which results in these prices. You KNOW some person is going to put down $90 on all portraits...

JesseZao

The more I think about the new heroes, the more I think people are forgetting/underestimating how integral to the popularity and success of hearthstone the emotes were/are. Once people hear the new emotes, I bet a lot of the naysayers change their tune.

Seriously. I'd feel comfortable with 15, but would love 20. At bare minimum, I'd want one per class, and at least a few more slots to fuck around with multiple decks for my fave class.

They just need to transition the decks to the 'book' and use sidebar to show contents. The new mode even has an edit button below the decklist that they could use.

Tacitus_

One more reason now for more deck slots. Wtf is going on with this basic feature??

Well at least the new mode will have its own deckslots

YsMWoyK.jpg

So that's something.

Schryver

The more I think about the new heroes, the more I think people are forgetting/underestimating how integral to the popularity and success of hearthstone the emotes were/are. One people hear the new emotes, I bet a lot of the naysayers change their tune.

Good point

inky

What the fuck?

Blizzard has many diehards who will pay anything and they know it. Why make it something reasonable like $5 when you can push people to buy it for $10. They'd even sell at $15 I think.

Don't expect a sale either.

Dahbomb

Yea let's compare one over priced cosmetic with another to make it look like a bargain.

Yeah man, these portraits are a STEAL compared to buying the Shadowfiend Arcana for $35...

Majine

Banned
My view on the new heroes is that it benefits the game by giving it more visual variety.

And the best part is you don't have to pay to get that variety, because others will, and you'll face them eventually.

Brakara

I wasn't thinking about a free mode because, well, Blizzard. But if overpriced heroes means more free modes, then I'm all for more overpriced heroes now.

Dahbomb

Kripp is hyped as fuck for Tavern Brawl.

He also said Challengestone#2 is coming up shortly and will possibly have the rules implemented on TOP of that week's Tavern Brawl!

clav

I guess Patron Warrior sucks if the player has zero card draw.

I silence the Acolyte of Pain every time I see it.

Am I doing this right?

embalm

My view on the new heroes is that it benefits the game by giving it more visual variety.

And the best part is you don't have to pay to get that variety, because others will, and you'll face them eventually.
This is exactly how I feel. I can't wait to get my face hunted down by a friendly elf lady instead of the disgruntled Rexxar. I also hope Magni isn't as big of a dick as Garrosh. Bring on the new skins! I most likely won't buy them, but I'm excited to see them.

Dahbomb

Am I doing this right?
Yeah but even without Acolyte their deck is full of card draws. Try to clear the board as much as you can to deny them potential Battle Rage value.

And always pressure them hard at start. Try to finish game before turn 8.

Am I doing this right?

Yep. Won't be able to stop them completely but a good part of Patron Warrior and being able to draw everything you need to pull off crazy combos. Slowing that drawing down can win you the game especially if you have an answer such as Flamestrike or Brawl if they're actually able to muster up a Patron combo.

Also, try not to play anything less than 3 health or have the board completely flooded before their turn 8.

clav

Does Blizzard ever do HS sales? Or should I just buy everything at the current price?

Buy the adventure by using Amazon coins.

Here's Reynad's method:

https://youtu.be/sKQ_yYpvJCA

Yeah but even without Acolyte their deck is full of card draws. Try to clear the board as much as you can to deny them potential Battle Rage value.

And always pressure them hard at start. Try to finish game before turn 8.

My deck runs slow, so that's impossible unless the Warrior puts nothing on the board.

I could play Face Hunter.

clav

Not bad but Patron has a lot of card draw if played right.

Yep. Won't be able to stop them completely but a good part of Patron Warrior and being able to draw everything you need to pull off crazy combos. Slowing that drawing down can win you the game especially if you have an answer such as Flamestrike or Brawl if they're actually able to muster up a Patron combo.

Also, try not to play anything less than 3 health or have the board completely flooded before their turn 8.

I use Spellbreaker for now since it doesn't allow a Patron to bounce off it for free.

However, some people advised me to replace it with the Ironbeak Owl, which I had before.

What do you guys suggest?

Slow deck? On Ladder?

Oh boy... Even Handlock gets punished on Ladder for slow starts/bad hand sometimes.

You've seen my Paladin deck. It's slow because it doesn't really have card draw.

Tacitus_

I use Spellbreaker for now since it doesn't allow a Patron to bounce off it for free.

However, some people advised me to replace it with the Ironbeak Owl, which I had before.

What do you guys suggest?

How many times have you run into a situation where you need to silence, but could really use the extra 2 mana you'd get by using a cheaper silence?

I know control warriors occasionally run spellbreaker, but most decks use the owl.

Haunted

Nothing gets Rogues quicker to concede in a huff than a well-placed "Whoops" after they just ran their Blade Flurry into the Counterspell.

Haha, two charges left on my Doomhammer and I draw a Rockbiter Weapon with Chromaggus on the board. Combined with the Rockbiter already in my hand and that's a delicious 22 damage. Good times.

clav

How many times have you run into a situation where you need to silence, but could really use the extra 2 mana you'd get by using a cheaper silence?

I know control warriors occasionally run spellbreaker, but most decks use the owl.

Rarely. I always run into a situation that either I don't have silence or the owl is just going to die because it doesn't pose a threat on the board.

manhack

Kind of amusing watching Trump play Patron warrior right now as it reminds me of the experience I had with it starting this season.

He winstreaked very quickly to rank 9 and it appeared that, yes, this is a very strong card.

Now he is playing people who know very well how to play against Patron warrior and he has fallen back to rank 10.

I have had so many close losses recently. It's made me wonder if I am just adding the wrong cards to my deck or if this is the side effect from my normal playing time getting flooded with kids no longer in school.

Kind of amusing watching Trump play Patron warrior right now as it reminds me of the experience I had with it starting this season.

He winstreaked very quickly to rank 9 and it appeared that, yes, this is a very strong card.

Now he is playing people who know very well how to play against Patron warrior and he has fallen back to rank 10.

In general, what is the country to Patron? Limit their card draw?

Rapstah

What is this Hunter deck with Bluegill Warrior and Hunter's Mark I've faced three copies of today? Where's it from? How is it supposed to be good?

Tacitus_

3-3 with a weird Warlock deck.

No board clears, so it was a pretty shitty deck.

You don't draft a warlock deck expecting board clears. Hellfire is as liable to clear your own board as it is the enemy's and shadoeflame is a rare. Just try to get value cards and stuff that synergizes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom