• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

You don't draft a warlock deck expecting board clears. Hellfire is as liable to clear your own board as it is the enemy's and shadoeflame is a rare. Just try to get value cards and stuff that synergizes well.

I tried, but I ended up getting matched with Paladins with infinite divine shields.

The arena run ended when I was paired against a mage who had at least 3 fireballs and closed it out with a pyroblast.

clav

I think I'm going to start picking outside of Mage, Paladin, Priest, Shaman, and Warlock in arena.

I rarely have good runs.

3-5 wins is average for me.

Best was 8 wins with a freeze mech-type mage build.

Hektor

Velens priest can be pretty fun, the few times you can make it work.
I'd love to see the face of my opponents when they receive 26 Face-DMG from Hand in a single turn.

Tacitus_

I tried, but I ended up getting matched with Paladins with infinite divine shields.

The arena run ended when I was paired against a mage who had at least 3 fireballs and closed it out with a pyroblast.

Yeah, some times that happens. I drafted a godly mage deck but flushed out at one win because my opponents just drew better.

clav

This is sweet I have 1500 amazon coins from some app deal way back when I can spend. I already have the first two parts a naraxus am I better off buying decks or more parts of the adventures and which ones?

You basically have the core Naxx set.

Up to you. More parts of the adventure would give you Zombie Chow and Kel'Thuzad. Generally, people advise others to spend money on adventures and in-game currency on packs.

However, some people can make it work without paying anything by saving up.

You basically have the core Naxx set.

Up to you. More parts of the adventure would give you Zombie Chow and Kel'Thuzad. Generally, people advise others to spend money on adventures and in-game currency on packs.

However, some people can make it work without paying anything by saving up.

The sets need to be bought completely i guess since i only have 15$ worth I guess I'll just buy decks. Which should I buy?

clav

The sets need to be bought completely i guess since i only have 15$ worth I guess I'll just buy decks. Which should I buy?

There should be a discount for already having the first two wings. How much is the whole Naxx set when you go into the menus?

For instance, I only own the first wing of BRM, and the game offers the rest for $19.99 should I choose to pay for it.

ViviOggi

I strongly recommend putting down the extra bucks for one of the adventures as their pricing massively favors real money over gold. You'll get a lot more out of that than a handful of packs. If that's not an option at all then yeah, you'll want classic packs over GvG.

clav

I strongly recommend putting down the extra bucks for one of the adventures as their pricing massively favors real money over gold. You'll get a lot more out of that than a handful of packs. If that's not an option at all then yeah, you'll want classic packs over GvG.

I've been doing arena runs though.

Are you suggesting that I should be buying base packs instead?

I did initially because I hated my free arena run months ago. Then I started hating ladder and went back to arena.

ViviOggi

I've been doing arena runs though.

Are you suggesting that I should be buying base packs instead?

I did initially because I hated my free arena run months ago. Then I started hating ladder and went back to arena.

Oh that was a response to CountAntonius, not sure about your situation collection-wise. Generally when you're still missing a lot of cards it's a good idea to spend at least part of your gold on classic packs. GvG packs become 40 dust much quicker due to the size of the set but of course arena is still a great use of gold if you can get solid winrates.

clav

Oh that was a response to CountAntonius, not sure about your situation collection-wise. Generally when you're still missing a lot of cards it's a good idea to spend at least part of your gold on classic packs. GvG packs become 40 dust much quicker due to the size of the set but of course arena is still a great use of gold if you can get solid winrates.

Still pretty new. I have zero legendaries in the base pack.

I originally was spending 5 classic : 1 GvG pack ratio for the first 50-60 packs, and then I decided to do arenas.

Most of the time I just end up crafting some cards I need for a cheap deck.

Cat Party

All this time I had no idea you could use Amazon coins for in app purchases. I had more than enough from prior promotions to buy the rest of Naxxramas. Feels good, man.

Milennia

Hunter getting a ranger as a hero moves it way up there in my book, i really do not like the rexxar portrait.

Right now my line up in in order-
Paladin
Freeze mage
Hunter

i think this could-
Hunter
Paladin
Mage

or-

Paladin
Hunter
Mage

I have been playing since launch so new portraits for my favorite classes are huge, depending on what they end up being could change my lineup a bit simply due to the useless new faces and animations.

So I'm facing an enemy as a zoolock and have a knife juggler on the board. Can I imp-implosion him and get the knives to hit my enemy before my juggler technically dies? I ask because my enemy had no board and 2 HP :)

Magnus

I really hope we get someone rad for a second Priest hero, although I do love playing as Anduin.

Who are the likely candidates?

Also, I'm really happy that the mage one is probably Medivh.

I hate that I already see myself buying these....lol

--

Also, which Priest decks are people having success with in this meta? (Ladder 15-10 range)

I'm fluctuating but generally hanging around 13 or 12 with a Mech Priest variant that includes Sylvanas/Boom/Vol'jin/Ysera. I really enjoy playing as it. Has tons of great combos that fuck people up.

clav

Keep the board clear if you can. Hope they don't draw both saps? Mid-range pally would have a much better time vs oil.

I always get scared at Turn 9 especially when my health is at 19-20.

I sometimes try to clear, but with a Shade of Naxx, that's impossible unless I have equality.

I suppose clear and play taunts for Turn 8 is a strat? Difficult to deal with 5 health minions unless I get quartermasters.

Dahbomb

Tempo Mage is similar to Mech Shaman in terms of rage inducing god opening draws.

Turn 1 Mana Wyrm. Turn 2 Coin, Apprentice, Frost Bolt your minion + Mirror Image. Turn 3 Unstable Portal into some bull shit like Kelthuzad and then summon Mad Scientist.

manhack

Tempo Mage is similar to Mech Shaman in terms of rage inducing god opening draws.

Turn 1 Mana Wyrm. Turn 2 Coin, Apprentice, Frost Bolt your minion + Mirror Image. Turn 3 Unstable Portal into some bull shit like Kelthuzad and then summon Mad Scientist.

Yeah when those decks work, they lock you out of a game by turn 3 and you are just putting cards out to die.

clav

I had a Mage who a summoned Grommash.

So rage inducing.

Post on the Hearthstone subreddit saying Blizzard Korea accidentally posted the names and card backs for the Mage and Hunter heroes.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/39dvzt/medivh_and_alleria_card_back_in_blizzard_korea/

Mage is Medivh. Hunter is Alleria.

f630Ixo.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The better question, who's gonna be the other priest?

With Velen and Vol'gin it seems like they already eliminated the other two notable priests imo.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey so what's a good way to beat the Adventure Mode Naxxramas fights? I got a few cards now that I've bought like 15 packs of cards (got 2 Legendarys, 4 epics, 1 golden epic, and like 3 golden Rares, don't know if thats good or not lol). Is it possible for me to be clearing these fights with decks I can make on the basic cards? Any help would be awesome since I really want some of those cards too for deck building.

This game is addicting.

Hey so what's a good way to beat the Adventure Mode Naxxramas fights? I got a few cards now that I've bought like 15 packs of cards (got 2 Legendarys, 4 epics, 1 golden epic, and like 3 golden Rares, don't know if thats good or not lol). Is it possible for me to be clearing these fights with decks I can make on the basic cards? Any help would be awesome since I really want some of those cards too for deck building.

This game is addicting.

Face Hunter beats pretty much every boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom