• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

V-Faction

Alleria Windrunner Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1Lo1AgtZ-A

They dont even show her hero-power animation.

Feels weird with how absent this particular character has been from the recent games. But still, a character is a character (even if it's another Elf). Maybe this next set of characters consists of ones that have been out of the picture--literally--for years (magni, medivh, alleria).

Wouldn't surprise me to see Teron, Turalyon, Kurdran, Drek'thar, Cho'gall, Zul'jin....

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Void Caller needs to be nerfed. Free malganis and doomguards, so fair.

It is one of those "acceptably OP" cards IMO. It opened up new deck possibilities for Warlocks, requires some setup, and you have to build a deck around it.

Calling for his nerf now, given how long he's been in the game with no complaints, feels like a knee jerk reaction to the current FOTM. Like when people used to complain about mechwarper. Nobody even plays Mech Mage anymore.

johnsmith

remember me
Unstable Portal is pretty ridiculous too, now that I finally play a lot with it. Much more likely to get a high cost legendary and win the game that a 1 mana whiff.

Dahbomb

No card deserves to be nerfed to the point of being unusable. That shit is bad design and honestly comes across as petty. Tinkmaster and Buzzard are prime examples of this.

Unstable Portal is pretty ridiculous too, now that I finally play a lot with it. Much more likely to get a high cost legendary and win the game that a 1 mana whiff.
The good ol' Reynad saying.

I am not confortable discussing nerfs beyond clearly OP cards like Scientist and Dr Balanced. People spending their valuable Silence on Scientist just so they don't lose tempo to a free secret is kinda ridiculous.

Void Caller and Unstable Portal are definitely very strong cards though but they fill a niche so they are ok. Not like Mad Scientist or Dr Balanced which are auto include in every deck (Mad Scientist is auto include in ALL Hunter/Mage decks and would be auto include in Paladin if their secrets weren't so cheeks).

johnsmith

remember me
Got double kezan mysticed in the same turn, both stole a secret, and I still won!

xR8GtFD.jpg

clav

How do you avoid the frothing berserker combo as Paladin?

If I can't clear the board, should I just play nothing?

Seems to combo well with Grim Patrons.

sgjackson

just had a dude destroy me with freeze mage in arena - frost novas, ice lances, and face damage. it was kinda awesome.

is that a thing or did the stars just align for him

manhack

How do you avoid the frothing berserker combo as Paladin?

If I can't clear the board, should I just play nothing?

Seems to combo well with Grim Patrons.

I had a really good win percentage vs. Grim Patron with my paladin.

The main thing is don't hero power or drop >3 attack minions after turn 7.

I can't find the deck I was using to get golden paladin last month, i'll keep looking. There are probably some good decks online somewhere.

Rosenskjold

Wow the mechanics in this game just keep baffling me :p I play out a bloodsail raider against a mage who is running mirror entity. So I think "This is a good play, he will only get the 2/3, since that's the basic minion, and I have a truesilver so I will get a 6/3 minion", he get's the 6/3, because the bonus is given before it's counted as in play (I guess). :/

Heropon

A Hunter in arena with infinite Houndmasters and Highmanes and Huffer when he needs it... Fuck this game.

And a Priest with a constructed deck. HAHAAHAHA ;-;

1. Priest
3. Cultist
4. Dragonkin
5. Divine Spirit

Arena can't be played in the morning. 5 gold thrown to the trash, argh.

Copenap

Here's how new classes will work.

They will come with an expansion (think GvG) but as with all classes they and their basic cards will obviously be free. You then get all their other class cards from the expansion packs in order to bump up their card count to those of the other classes.

The expansion packs therefore will mostly consist of cards for the new class and a couple of new standard cards.

Xanathus

Wow the mechanics in this game just keep baffling me :p I play out a bloodsail raider against a mage who is running mirror entity. So I think "This is a good play, he will only get the 2/3, since that's the basic minion, and I have a truesilver so I will get a 6/3 minion", he get's the 6/3, because the bonus is given before it's counted as in play (I guess). :/

If the secret copied the creature before the battlecry, playing an injured blademaster would give the opponent a 4/7 and you get a 4/3.

Haunted

Hearthstonetracker is so awesome, I'm kicking myself for not using it earlier.

Only played ~25 games since I've started using it across both casual and ranked and even with that small sample size it's already yielding data that's interesting to look at. Half my opponents were Warrior or Mage and I haven't seen a Druid or Shaman in those 25 games.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I hope it's Dezco.

It'll probably be Liadrin.

Lady Liadrin's art is already used for the Shattered Sun Cleric, so I'm guessing perhaps not.

Blizzard also said that the alternate hero didn't have to be from another faction, so it could just as easily be Turalyon or Vindicator Maraad. Turalyon would be a bit too boring to have two humans, so of those two I would prefer Maraad. Plus having a Dranaei hero could be nice. Druid will probably be Hamuul Runetotem so that would give us a Tauren hero.

Tacitus_

Played vs a hunter in arena. Double gladiators longbow into double cobra shot into me dead.

Dude went through like 5 taunts with them :d

Sande

Yeah that sucks when you find out about it.

Some of that order of events stuff is just ridiculous. Like getting mirror entity from mad scientist and the mirror entity copies the minion that killed the mad scientist with its battlecry. Or flamewaker card text activating after being stolen with shadow madness.

Pooya

I'm finally going to have the cards for a decent warrior deck, the question is the legendary card...I can craft one card right now, not sure whether to spend it on Gromm or just craft one of the dragons, Ysera or Malygos to use in any deck...I only have one class specific legendary so far and that's Antonidas, I feel it wasn't worth it as I prefer to switch all the time.

ViviOggi

I'm finally going to have the cards for a decent warrior deck, the question is the legendary card...I can craft one card right now, not sure whether to spend it on Gromm or just craft one of the dragons, Ysera or Malygos to use in any deck...I only have one class specific legendary so far and that's Antonidas, I feel it wasn't worth it as I prefer to switch all the time.
ez grom tbh

Tacitus_

Don't just go crafting a dragon, they are very deck specific. Sylvanas and Dr. Boom fit in any deck.

Pooya

yeah I have other relevant ones by now. Those two are the only remotely interesting ones, there is Black Knight too I guess.

Dahbomb

tempo mage matchup favors handlock my ass
I know right?

On paper it seems like Handlock should beat Tempo Mage.

In reality what ends up happening is that they rush you down at the start and then the place down Mirror Entity or Mad Scientist runs himself into your creature. Then you have a handful of big creatures that if you put down you will just be giving them easier ways to win with. You also have to guess with Counter spell.

Eventually they get you down low enough to where you can finally use your Molten Giants freely but then Fireballs or Antonidas or Dr Balance steals the wins through the taunts.

Malygos is a pretty poor crafting choice. Malygos really only works in a few gimmick decks, and it's usually not even that good there either. If you want a dragon for Control Warrior, either craft Ysera or Alex. But if you're set on playing Warrior, Gromm is a must.

daemissary

Nozdormu should really be a battlecry where players only get 15 seconds per turn for the rest of the game. Then I'd try him in some gimmick decks...as he is, he's just an overcosted 8/8.

Tacitus_

OK enough arena for today. First I lose my godly deck to ridiculous tempo plays from opponents and flush out at 3-3 and now the first guy I head into with my new deck pulls this out of his ass
vX14JJW.png

Cat Party

Which horrible cards should I be dusting? Should I even dust common, rare and epic cards if I don't have 3 of them?

I wouldn't dust rares or commons ever (until you have extras). Not worth it. You never know when a previously unused card will become useful in some effective gimmick deck. But there are some truly awful epics that can be safely dusted if you badly need a certain rare. Hungry Crab can become an Azure Drake, for example.

Magnus

All three heroes so far are indeed characters who've been 'out of the picture' for awhile. Wonder if that'll hold true for the rest.

manhack

everytime I go back to my F2P EU account it is a reminder of how crazy OP Dr. Boom is (not that we don't know that already).

I was lucky enough to get a Golden Dr. Boom in one of my first free packs from this account and decided to make a bunch of crappy mech decks for all the classes to do dailies and earn gold for the content expansions.

Without fail if I draw Dr. Boom on turn 7 vs. the players I'm facing (rank 21-18) it is GG.

On rare exception was a mage with an insane starter version of a freeze mage that was surprisingly effective.

VoxPop

I wish Blizz would add something to work for. There is really no appeal in grinding ranked all day just so I can get Legend. Maybe top 20 players at the end of the day gets a free legendary or 1600 dust? Idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom