• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
They ain't so bad.

It actually takes some skill and good draws to play.

Better than hitting hero power and going face every turn.

Freeze mages on the other hand are right up there with face hunters in the sodium levels.

I'm not sure about skill so much, but tempo mages are very much about the draw. If they do get a good start, it is pretty much all over.

The reason I like playing the deck is unstable portal. That is just a straight fun card to play and I'd like to see other classes get a similar version.

johnsmith

remember me
What's your list?

9JL3dnv.png

johnsmith

remember me
Double flamestrike...wow.

Getting much value from that or have you considered going to one?
I was running only 1 and wasn't drawing it vs grim patrons when I needed it.Too many times I lost games that I would have won if I had it. Plus once they see one of them they overcomit and get wrecked by the 2nd.

johnsmith

remember me
Need to do a warrior quest and I get matched against nothing but handlocks in casual while playing patron. =/

Pulling off a sick double berserker combo almost makes up for it though.

Dahbomb

Unpopular, crazy opinion time...

Grim Patron deck is overrated and is not all that strong. (Still High tier and strong but not best deck in the game like some rankings have it as)

Can be countered hard and too draw dependent. Game is auto lose if the Warsong Commanders are at the bottom of the deck.

Not only that but the rope/animations play against the deck. There will be situations where a best play cannot be foreseen by a normal human being and you will miss potential lethals because you are too scared to make a game losing play.

I feel like people have gotten better at not only playing against it but also putting in cards that counter Grim Patron. Less 2/3 type minions being played, more 3+ AOE spells to clear etc.

johnsmith

remember me
I clicked and immediately hear "I don't know what senpai is". God dammit twitch chat.

Yeah, she doesn't get a lot of the dank may mays, but despite that (or maybe because of it) she's the funniest streamer since reckful.

k4uQJvT.png

"This is not cosplay. This is just a normal dress I wear every day"

johnsmith

remember me
Might go for legend this month, since the meta seems to be so well suited for tempo mage. Haven't done it in a while. Win streaked my way to 5 pretty easily.

bIfgv8W.png

Danj

Might go for legend this month, since the meta seems to be so well suited for tempo mage. Haven't done it in a while. Win streaked my way to 5 pretty easily.

bIfgv8W.png

How are you able to get to that rank with so few wins? I have like 300+ wins on mage and the highest I've ever been is like 13 or something.

johnsmith

remember me
How are you able to get to that rank with so few wins? I have like 300+ wins on mage and the highest I've ever been is like 13 or something.

I've played lots of mage in arena, so tempo mage is a pretty easy deck to play for me. I think I started at like 47 wins before I started laddering.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is "TO MY SIDE" part of the soundclip on Animal Companion? I wonder if that's going to be altered with Alleria since Rexxar says it, lol.

Kornflayx

Just beat a Mage with three Flamestrikes in Arena. He conceded after my Mana Tide Totem was on board for 6 turns and I dropped my third Fire Elemental.

Feels good man

Auctopus

What's the difference between Tempo Mage and a Board Control Mage?

Also, at least those types of mages take some skill. God damn, Priest gets my blood boiling, so many cheap cards that literally hand you card advantage/board control whenever they're played.

Pooya

tempo mage needs those flamewakers early otherwise it's toast...

I would replace one of those mirror entities with a duplicate too, nobody falls for mirror these days :\

What's up with all of the priests i'm seeing on ladder around rank 9?

Haven't seen them until the last day or so, but it's pretty steady now.

I'll take turn 4 Grommash from deathlord all day long though.

ViviOggi

Turn 6, Priest has a 3/3 Auchenai, 1/3 Cleric and 1/2 Lightwarden. I only have a stolen Cleric on the board and drop Emperor on curve just for the discounts as it easily dies to the board. But wait, Anduin would rather run in the Auchenai first and heal my Emperor back up to 4, drawing us both a card, then trade in both Lightwarden and Cleric and pass.

#justrank4plays

Special C

Drafted a weird hunter deck with Moltens and Crushers. I just rushed then down, let them rush me down and just dropped 8/8s and 9/9s to seal the deal. It went 7-3, lost to the 3 mages I played.

Kezan Mystic is like a free win right now in most of the games I'm playing. Running into lots of mages and hunters and most just quit right after you steal a secret.

br3wnor

Has a legendary besides Pagle ever been nerfed? I really don't think Dr. Boom is gonna change, entices people to buy GVG packs and/or spend 1600 dust on him. I personally hope he stays the same, fits in so many decks and can really shift a matches momentum.

Dahbomb

Has a legendary besides Pagle ever been nerfed? I really don't think Dr. Boom is gonna change, entices people to buy GVG packs and/or spend 1600 dust on him. I personally hope he stays the same, fits in so many decks and can really shift a matches momentum.
A bunch of Legendaries back in beta/alpha. Tinkmaster/Sylvanas/Leeroy were the more recent Legendary nerfs.

LMAO @ this match.

Dahbomb

I don't think Dr. Boom will be nerfed, because it's not a broken card that's unfun to play against. It's just very, very good.
It's pretty unfun when your Belcher dies to a single Bot or when the Bots create a lethal situation out of the ether...

Pagle, Sylvanas, Tinkmaster and Leeory weren't "broken" either they were just very, very good. I am almost certain that if Pagle was reverted back to old one it wouldn't really make much of a difference... you would still get rushed down by Hunters.

So I have no idea what just happened.

Priest mirror, he had a Mistress of Pain that he got from a Shredder. He stole my Auchenai Priestess with Cabal and Shrinkmeister. He attacked my face with the Mistress of pain then..

he took 33 damage in return and lost. I have no idea what happened.. I mean. I understand he would take the 1 damage that he did because of the Priestess but he took 1 damage over and over again until he was dead.

I assume it's a glitch?

still got that W tho ayyyyyy lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom