• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

I made an Hunter deck with a focus on charge because of a daily. Never have I felt this dirty or unsatisfied playing Hearthstone...
Yet you still took the easy wins you dirty son of a bitch!

Face hunter is so easy I let my 8 year old niece play a match for fun and she won the game - she hadn't played before and can't read any of the cards (because I'm playing in a different language).

it was against the CPU but still

luoapp

I wish Blizz would add something to work for. There is really no appeal in grinding ranked all day just so I can get Legend. Maybe top 20 players at the end of the day gets a free legendary or 1600 dust? Idk.

FWIW, top 100 ranked players get hearthstone world championship points (16 players for 200k prize pool), but I do agree they should give something more tangible to legend rank players.

bnIuB2E.jpg

My Aggro Rogue Perfection

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Seems like they're adding a "good game" emote judging from the ones listed in the patch.

Good game
Well played
Good game
Well played
Good game
Well played
Good game
Well played
Good game
Well played
Good game
Well played
Good game
Well played

salty.gif
salty.gif
salty.gif
salty.gif
salty.gif
salty.gif

Dahbomb

Well since I got Alex in the pack I thought I would take Dragon Warrior for a spin (no Grommash).

First game against Handlock. I am able to get Nefarian out. I get Shadowflame and Demonwrath from it. I am able to use my Sylvanas with the created Shadowflame for a game winning play!

Oh and Nefarian got BGH'd with impunity of course.

EmiPrime

I don't think Wrathion is a rogue though. I feel like it could be Garona, Venessa VanCleef, or some named dude from SI:7. There are a few NPCs from Ravenholdt as well.

His scheming is very roguey but yeah it will most likely be Garona. :( I just love Wrathion and I think he's probably the best post-WC3 character.

Mulgrok

I guess now that I am only getting 1-2 cards per classic pack I will start doing arena. Once GvG cards slow down I will get the expansions!

EDIT: 1-2 non-surplus cards

What should i do? I've been playing casually for some time... first I bought the Naxxramas expansion, and really liked it. Then I bought the Blackrock, along with a 7-Pack for both the Classic and Goblins/Gnomes. I really enjoy the game, and I'm interested in learning more about it. I like building a deck, and of course playing with my friends. I wish i had some more awesome cards, but right now I dont.

So, right now I am willing to spend some money and buy (problaby) a pack of 60. But, which one to choose? All classic? All Goblins/Gnomes? What are the differences? When Blizzard only says "Best for new players" I think they dont help too much, especially if the better cards are on the Goblins pack (I dont know if that is the case, just saying).

JesseZao

I've gotten a friend request after each win today.

Salty ladder day I guess.

Maybe one of them would want a friendly conversation, but it's too bad I know what the rest will be so I don't bother. It's not even amusing to see them rage anymore, just tiresome.

johnsmith

remember me
What should i do? I've been playing casually for some time... first I bought the Naxxramas expansion, and really liked it. Then I bought the Blackrock, along with a 7-Pack for both the Classic and Goblins/Gnomes. I really enjoy the game, and I'm interested in learning more about it. I like building a deck, and of course playing with my friends. I wish i had some more awesome cards, but right now I dont.

So, right now I am willing to spend some money and buy (problaby) a pack of 60. But, which one to choose? All classic? All Goblins/Gnomes? What are the differences? When Blizzard only says "Best for new players" I think they dont help too much, especially if the better cards are on the Goblins pack (I dont know if that is the case, just saying).

Do a ratio of 2:1 classic vs gvg. The classic set has more cards and more useful legendaries.

JesseZao

Game obviously needs a "Top Deck!" emote.

It would be cool if they could add some interactivity between players to the board. Maybe they could be implemented on new boards.

Something like a big neon sign that you push to light up and the other player sees when you do it.

There could be two signs:

-- Green "Skill!" sign
-- Red "Topdeck! / RNG / Got Lucky" sign

Sande

Holy shit this mage in arena. 2 goblin blastmages (and of course the mechs to activate them) followed by 3 or 4 water elementals back to back to back in the mid game. You'd have a hard enough time coming back from something like that in constructed. How he was 1-1 I'll never understand. Before that there was a warlock with Ragnaros and all around great minions. I seem to face a lot of these crazy decks in the first few matches in arena and have to climb my way out of 0-2 or 1-2 even with a good deck that's pretty much guaranteed 4-6 wins.

EmiPrime

Holy shit this mage in arena. 2 goblin blastmages (and of course the mechs to activate them) followed by 3 or 4 water elementals back to back to back in the mid game. You'd have a hard enough time coming back from something like that in constructed. How he was 1-1 I'll never understand. Before that there was a warlock with Ragnaros and all around great minions. I seem to face a lot of these crazy decks in the first few matches in arena and have to climb my way out of 0-2 or 1-2 even with a good deck that's pretty much guaranteed 4-6 wins.

Everyone using heartharena doesn't help either, it's rare to come across outright terrible decks in arena. Takes a lot of enjoyment out of it.

I crafted a second Shadowform and a second Shadowbomber; time to make a gimmicky face priest deck!

JesseZao

Everyone using heartharena doesn't help either, it's rare to come across outright terrible decks in arena. Takes a lot of enjoyment out of it.

I crafted a second Shadowform and a second Shadowbomber; time to make a gimmicky face priest deck!

If only shadowbomber was doubled by Velen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom