• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heropon

gUOSVUL.jpg

I think this can be a better method of getting the 100 daily gold than using face hunter.

Edit: The free pack was shite, as expected.

Pooya

Second win. Got Eye for an Eye secret, Rag got wrecked again with his own ability this time. Rag seems to be auto lose. So win counts. does matter at all now?

They have no plans to charge for it.

Really? I'm sure when they announced it they said it will be free for a limited time or something?

gutshot

it's actually insane how fucking trash this brawl is

literal coin flip

nice way to introduce the new mode
cBj1LTf.png

They really should have had a Challengestone-like Brawl for the first few weeks. That way there would have been an actual developing meta that people would have to figure out during the week. After a few weeks of that, people may have been more apt to be down for a just-for-funsies boss battle for a week.

Dahbomb

I like how this mode was figured out 20 MINUTES within release.

Pretty obvious Blizzard didn't playtest this at all. Either that or I have to imagine that Nef starting with 5 mana is a bug or something.

it's actually insane how fucking trash this brawl is

literal coin flip

nice way to introduce the new mode
cBj1LTf.png

I don't think it was meant to be taken really seriously, but they could have made ragnaros a bit easier to play I guess. Magma rager hero power vs free spells... hmmm. When I played a 6/6 taunt, my opponent got a free fireball. lol.

I also didn't realize I needed to use the hammer every round. I frankly sucked as ragnaros. But as nefarian, it seemed like I couldn't lose, especially after I got a battle rage, and used that minion to damage all other minions at the start of your turn, and drew 4-5 cards right off the bat... for 0 mana.

It seems like to win as ragnaros, you really have to get that super fire elemental right away. When I played, I started with a flame imp and weak fire eles. Really bad start. Nefarian played a 7/7. Then I laughed seeing he had so much mana. Pretty crazy.

Opiate

The real strength of this mode to me should be shaking up the meta.

Something like Challengestone forces people to come up with completely new decks which would not be viable in the "normal" mode. That's what people want, I suspect.

Dahbomb

Something like Challengestone forces people to come up with completely new decks which would not be viable in the "normal" mode. That's what people want, I suspect.
Yeah pretty much this right here.

What they introduced this week has no implications on the actual game. It's basically like playing the Adventure mode AFTER you have gotten all the cards from it...

gutshot

I like how this mode was figured out 20 MINUTES within release.

Pretty obvious Blizzard didn't playtest this at all. Either that or I have to imagine that Nef starting with 5 mana is a bug or something.

You sure about that? Seems highly unlikely that they would have done no playtesting on something like this.

The RNG inherit in Nefarian's hero power could lead to some crazy starts and a feeling that he is OP, but Rag is more consistent and if you can get to the late game, with that hero power, it's pretty much GG.

Hektor

Played 10 games now, and every single one was won by the nefarian player. Even if rag got a dreamcurve with 2 of those 6/6 2 mana taunts, he couldnt do shit against the swarming.

I appreciate what blizz wants to do with this mode, but its just not fun if the matchup already decided the outcome.

This brawl is not worth my time.
Maybe i come back when blizz decided to nerf Nefarian, but i doubt blizz is going to do that since the mode is only up for 4 days anyways.

Shame on you blizz, how to ruin a fun idea.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
On my 3rd attempt now, first one I lost as Nef, fucksticks. Second and third playing as Rag, not feeling this.

EDIT: WEll, shit, won as Rag, never felt good at any point during the game I have to say. Also Blizzard still seriously need to step up their reward game, just a regular old pack for this? What incentive is there after that to get more wins?

Dreavus

Isn't that what this was supposed to be, or was that just player speculation?

Letting people play with non-conventional cards is fine but I think the mode will have more legs if they just introduce deckbuilding restrictions. It's less hassle for them too; no need to try and balance out pre-made decks or anything, just throw a rule out there for a week and see who can break the format first.

G.ZZZ

4 Ragnaros in a row all losses. I had to get the dream hand the fifth game in a row as Ragnaros to win. Amazing mode blizz. Thrashest shit ever seen.

Dahbomb

Sad part is that both Constructed and Arena are a 100 times more varied and interesting than this.

Like it's fine that its not balanced or whatever... but having just two preset decks means this shit gets old in less than a day.

I find this first week of brawl odd. Haven't played it myself yet but it seems like the point of this week is to say "Look how crazy brawl decks can be!" However, I thought the idea was to allow the player to make crazy decks themselves with weird constraints.

Also, I'm not sure how this is supposed to last a week if you can only get assigned one of two decks. Then again, it's only the first week and it's possible that they're still working on how to do restrictions.

I find this first week of brawl odd. Haven't played it myself yet but it seems like the point of this week is to say "Look how crazy brawl decks can be!" However, I thought the idea was to allow the player to make crazy decks themselves with weird constraints.

Also, I'm not sure how this is supposed to last a week if you can only get assigned one of two decks. Then again, it's only the first week and it's possible that they're still working on how to do restrictions.

Some weeks are premades, others are not.

Heropon

Won my first game as Ragnaros. I was lucky he didn't get Vaelastrasz in the first turns, as that card is seriously overpowered.

zoukka

I love how Nef has shadowflames on top of all the op shit in the deck :D full board clears all day long. Meanwhile Rag plays a shitty minion per turn and facetanks a million damage with the weapon.

They didn't even try to balance the decks. Nefarian would win every time without the 30 armor lol.

Dahbomb

Nefarian also has a bunch of cards that hard counter the Rag hero ability (8 damage) if the game even goes that late. Nef has Onyxia and the card that fills the board with 2/2s.

Nefarian has too much tempo for Rag to deal with and of course card advantage.

It's a 9-1 match up.

Mixed2k

Rag isn't that bad, but you have to curve out really well unlike nef.
As soon as you get the fireball heropower it starts going rags way, unless nef gets some really good spells.

zoukka

Awesome coin flip simulator. The win counter marks how many times you got to play as nefarian.

This mode will hurt blizzard. I can already hear the rumbling of millions of angry fans getting rag and being absolutely destroyed.

Could anyone help me out? I got one of the new dailies to watch someone win in spectator mode for a free pack but most of the people on my friends list dont play that much anymore. If I could watch someone win plz....

arcstrike#1175 US server.

Leezard

Awesome coin flip simulator. The win counter marks how many times you got to play as nefarian.

This mode will hurt blizzard. I can already hear the rumbling of millions of angry fans getting rag and being absolutely destroyed.

It's a perfectly balanced game mode really, all players will have 50% winrate in the long run

lol

Ragnaros is definitely the underdog, but still very winnable.

I just had amazing timing on living bomb. Early on with the ability to clear board this turn and next turn (no early minions they have are over 7 hp so 5 damage + weapon hit = KO). He gets an earthshock off hero power. I still managed to win.

Another great card rag has is that dude that always wins brawl, which coincidentally also gives you a brawl when you play it. If they have that dude that reduces spell cost by 3, consider playing that dude and you get a guaranteed board clear for like 6 mana I think.

Every turn attack something to get to rag power fastest.

Don't always play the 6/6 taunt on turn 2, unless they have played a 5/5 or maybe a 6/6. If they play a 7/7, playing hero power is better. You can always drop that 6/6 taunt on turn 4 and squeeze in another hero power.

Rag has a molten giant that is 20/20, 50 cost. I really came extremely close to winning off the back of that monstrosity + rag hero power. I probably made a mistake or two. Most of the time I am laughing while this shit goes down. I am just finding how these matches go to be quite hilarious.

The first game I won was because of the core hound pups. I got two of those suckers out quick giving me loads of ways to deal with his minions. They all respawn if one lives.

Pooya

First 3 brawls all as Nef, wins in like a few minutes.
4th game I'm Rag, the game takes quite a while and I still won but I had to actually think, it was close but I still won with 28 health. It was all about board clear. Corruption, firestrike and brawl. If you don't draw those, it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom