• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHinzo

Pretty fun mode. Would have been better if they had 4 heroes in the rotation or something though. 2 gets old pretty fast. It also seems like most of the people here are playing this mode super serious or something. :"D

Like hot damn, I just got shadowstep the turn before he plays a living bomb. This kinda crazy shit is actually just hilarious atm. I love this mode. I mean, I am sure I'll get *tired* of this specific brawl, but I think this mode is pretty genius.

CoolOff

So now you can use your golden hero from constructed in Arena. but still no golden cards to be seen. Wasn't the justification for the latter that "arena should feel completely equal"?

Thanks Blizz. You'll probably release it as a big feature of the next expansion.

Dahbomb

So now you can use your golden hero from constructed in Arena. but still no golden cards to be seen. Wasn't the justification for the latter that "arena should feel completely equal"?

Thanks Blizz. You'll probably release it as a big feature of the next expansion.
You guys should know by now that Blizzard changes their "philosophies" as fast as the wind changes direction. This was evident in the Diablo 3 days.

Soooooo what's the speculation on the next expansion? Seemed like there was a lot of chatter about an announcement this month with a release next month, judging from past schedules and some Chinese datamining.

I know they're pushing Tavern Brawl and the new heroes right now, but it seems like between a big HotS expansion and some new Starcraft news they'd have something about the next big expansion.

Hoarding my gold for now...

br3wnor

Won 2nd game as Rag, got destroyed first game.

Interesting new mode, this is obviously one of the weaker tavern brawls I'm sure they'll come up with but it is pretty cool to get to use all the OP cards you see in the PVE mode. I just wonder what incentive will be to play this mode once you get the event reward.

gutshot

3-2 with Rag, 2-0 with Nef. Probably done with the mode for this week as there is not much more to do once you've won a few times with each hero.

Nefarian is definitely easier to win with, but it's not impossible to win as Rag, unless Nef gets a dream opening.

Avinexus

So...do the people with the highest amount of wins each week win something...or...? What is the point of taking up a massive amount of space to tell me my win count?

Dahbomb

I legit think that people losing with Nef don't know how to play his deck yet...

Either that or you have to get extremely unlucky.

Played 5 games as Nef, it was a ROFL stomp. Most of those games were finished before Rag even got his hero power in. The 5 mana head start is way too much of an advantage.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I find it fun, only finished one game since I keep getting DCed on my phone. Got rag all 3 times, and won the last one.

gutshot

I legit think that people losing with Nef don't know how to play his deck yet...

Yeah, having played as Rag 5 times before finally getting Nef, I pretty much knew how to play. Just go for the biggest tempo plays in the first few turns and don't give him free tempo by making his spells cheap. He has a hard time coming back without perfect draws. Hero powering early is almost always a mistake as Nefarian.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So what's going on here... just played my first game, and this is absolutely bonkers... playing as Nef, demolishing Rag.

How long should I be doing this? What're the rewards after the first pack you get?

Triz

My free Tavern Brawl pack gave me a Cairne Bloodhoof. Thanks for the huge dust bonus Blizzard. (I already have all standard cards.)

Avinexus

Ya'll are opening legendaries in your free packs and I'm just sitting here with 1 rare/4 common.

2-0 with Rag. Maybe the Nefarians had shit hands, I don't know. But Rag seems fine to me.

zoukka

Why did they make the Vaelastraz card? Like what possible reason would there be to give such a card to the other hero (who already was better in every single way)?

VoxPop

Was fun the first time but no point in really playing after you win the free pack. They should at least add an incentive or add a rotation of more heroes to mess around with.

Copenap

So what's going on here... just played my first game, and this is absolutely bonkers... playing as Nef, demolishing Rag.

How long should I be doing this? What're the rewards after the first pack you get?
I think the reward is supposed to be "fzn".

Strange concept indeed.

After like 7 games I'm not sure if they achieved that.

Magnus

Oh man, this is SUCH a fucking excellent new addition to the game. So entertaining.

Also, wtf @ all the "Nerf Nef" comments? I've played two games (one as Nef and one as Rag) and both times Rag wrecked. That hero power man, once it comes alive....so good.

This was an excellent first debut for the mode, imo. Classic face-off from the BRM mode, and it's just so much fun playing as these villains. Why is everyone such a party-poop about this? This is a free, awesome addition to the game, and you get a free pack out of it, too. ENJOY!!

zoukka

Oh man, this is SUCH a fucking excellent new addition to the game. So entertaining.

Also, wtf @ all the "Nerf Nef" comments? I've played two games (one as Nef and one as Rag) and both times Rag wrecked. That hero power man, once it comes alive....so good.

Nef usually kills you in turn 3-4.

JesseZao

It lasts for four days. Some people just like to whine.

Opiate

This was an excellent first debut for the mode, imo. Classic face-off from the BRM mode, and it's just so much fun playing as these villains. Why is everyone such a party-poop about this? This is a free, awesome addition to the game, and you get a free pack out of it, too. ENJOY!!

It's bad, and you should feel bad.

Life is pain, and love is an illusion.

You may be young now, but you will age. Eventually your back will ache and your joints will rattle. You will get sick and die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom