• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinBB7

Nef is too OP, so that kinda takes the fun out of it. But it's fun for a few games. And free pack is handy. I thought Blizz said you got 2 packs for first time though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Rag is moderately consistent. You mull for early game, make smart trades, take strategic face damage and then control the board.

Nef is just balls out bullshit coinflips all day errday LAWD SAVE ME, RNJESUS HALLOWED BE THY TOPDICKS.

Dahbomb

Flamp Imp in this match up is like Goku vs Frieza going at it and in the middle there's this little shitty human that basically dies to those two gods flexing.

Haly

In being miserable.

I've had more success as Rag than Nef.

Sometimes a Nefarian player does something stupid like T2 Consort -> T3 Vaelstrasza -> T4 Cromaggus and there's nothing you can do about it.

But sometimes they get Totemic Might and Snipe from their hero power and you just laugh your way to 8 damage to the face.

Copenap

Rag is moderately consistent. You mull for early game, make smart trades, take strategic face damage and then control the board.

Nef is just balls out bullshit coinflips all day errday LAWD SAVE ME, RNJESUS HALLOWED BE THY TOPDICKS.
Just started with two of the 2 mana 6/6 taunts and still got destroyd. That guy got Divine Spirit on his fucking 4 mana 7/7 and than Blesaing of Kings on the 2/8 that gets +2 for each card I play. I conceded... Not even that light bomb 5 damage thing would have done anything.

Haly

Like, in one game I curved the 7/7, into the 2/8 that grows, into Razorgore into Savage Roar and Cold Blood and did 44 damage in a single turn. But that isn't reliable.

zoukka

Like, in one game I curved the 7/7, into the 2/8 that grows, into Razorgore into Savage Roar and Cold Blood and did 44 damage in a single turn. But that isn't reliable.

Getting a 5-drop into 6-drop is pretty common as nef and usually guarantees a win.

Dahbomb

As Nef you basically just have to dodge stuff like Brawl, that Corruption minions and a couple of other board clears. Once you do, you basically hold on to your Onyxia/2/2 for 8 mana for when the Rag ability comes up. If Rag's hero ability starts hitting the 1/1s or 2/2s the game is done.

zoukka

Rag has way too many completely useless cards. Imps, living bombs, legendaries that do something at start of turn or with deathrattle, flamestrike, shaman card, the card draw armor up... so many shitty cards.

legit in the 10 or so games ive played, the only time ive seen rag win was when i insta conceded as nef so i could try to play rag again

oh also the time i had a nef insta concede to me, probably for the same reason

Ladekabel

I'm starting to like Druid. Got everything for turn 1 yeti against a facehunter with Alleria portrait and rushed her down.

And made two matches in tavern brawl. First with Rag was a disaster. So many useless stuff. Second one I played as Nefarian and opponent insta-conceded. Got the pack but there was nothing useful in it. Are there more rewards if I win more matches in tavern brawl?

I've had more success as Rag than Nef.

Sometimes a Nefarian player does something stupid like T2 Consort -> T3 Vaelstrasza -> T4 Cromaggus and there's nothing you can do about it.

But sometimes they get Totemic Might and Snipe from their hero power and you just laugh your way to 8 damage to the face.
I got BOTH of those plus 3 other shitty secrets in my current game. Yeah I'm losing HARD lol.

EDIT: Got Eye for and Eye on my last turn. RNGesus is not with me today.

finally got the 4 core hound pup dream!!
happytears.gif

yVdHU9h.png

board got shadowflamed the next turn
devil.gif

Wow, I could not be more disappointed with Tavern Brawl. Whoever called the mode a coin flip simulator is 100% correct. Also, there absolutely needs to be some kind of reward structure outside of getting one pack for a win. This is looking like something people will play for their one win/pack a week once the newness wears off unless things change

Rockyrock

weird, Rag is 5-0 in my games today.

im 3-0 as rag and 0-2 as nef.

Rag has absurdly good PvE minions where as Nef has ladder cards that dont compare.

daemissary

I think they just picked a very bad first scenario for Tavern Brawl. Should have either included more bosses randomly or just let people pick. Nef vs Nef would be way better than Rag.

Dahbomb

weird, Rag is 5-0 in my games today.

im 3-0 as rag and 0-2 as nef.

Rag has absurdly good PvE minions where as Nef has ladder cards that dont compare.
Nef has some crazy PvE minions too.

Nef has Velenstrasz which makes everything in your hand cost 3 less.
He has that 4/12 that increases damage of all your minions after every turn (this card with the board full of 2/2 or Onyxia is pretty much GG).
He has some value minions like a 7/7 for 4 mana.

Feels like Tavern Brawl is a huge waste of resources by the Hearthstone team.
All of those $10 portraits are paying for this!

Haly

The big thing is that Nef begins the game with 5 mana. If it was 3 or 4, Rag would pretty much always win.

Opiate

Even if you got to pick, what's the carrot on a stick to keep playing that mode?

Do you stop playing as soon as there is no carrot? I suspect tons of people play casual mode, for instance, just for fun.

I'm less concerned with there being a bigger carrot and more concerned with the mode being more fun.

Spl1nter

Wow, I could not be more disappointed with Tavern Brawl. Whoever called the mode a coin flip simulator is 100% correct. Also, there absolutely needs to be some kind of reward structure outside of getting one pack for a win. This is looking like something people will play for their one win/pack a week once the newness wears off unless things change

Won my first and only game, hopefully next week is something more fun.

gutshot

So after 15 games or so, this has been my experience...

If you are playing a noob as Nef, Rag can win.

If you are playing an experienced player as Nef but they get some shitty RNG, Rag can win.

If you are playing an experienced player as Nef and they get just decent RNG, Rag loses.

JesseZao

I think the main problem with the mode being free and having no reward structure for winning is that people just concede if they get bad draws or don't get the hero they want. This will be more of a problem for preset weeks, I think. Hopefully the deck building weeks will be better.

Avinexus

Rag has way too many completely useless cards. Imps, living bombs, legendaries that do something at start of turn or with deathrattle, flamestrike, shaman card, the card draw armor up... so many shitty cards.

Flamestrike was fairly key for me winning both my games as Rag.

f0lken

I've won 4 straight games with Rag and won those 4, you shouldn't really understimate his earlier hero power, you can get super decent trades with the 5-1 minion

f0lken

Of course I increased my wins to 5 straight with Ragnaros, and then start reading GAFs negativity towarda it and lose my next match easily to a Nefarian >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom