• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kripp has played 10 games in Brawl and a Rag has not won a single game yet...

Well, I won one as rag 2 minutes ago.

ragwin.jpg

I've also lost as nef before, couple times.

Dahbomb

He's also extremely disappointed by it
Of course he would be, it's pretty shitty overall.

He managed to win with Rag when the other Nef got double Ancestral Healings and other garbage spells.

Well, I won one as rag 2 minutes ago.

ragwin.jpg

I've also lost as nef before, couple times.

Yeah I have won with Rag too but in that match the Nef got Ancestral Healing and a bunch of other crap on top of playing bad.

The match up is 8-2 in favor of Nef. Not unwinnable by Rag but Rag needs to get unlucky AND Nef has to get unlucky for this to happen. There are times where it's in the late game and Nef can STILL win if the RNG favors him (ie. Rag hero power missing and his spell spawns are godlike).

I haven't been playing long, but there number of times when Nef has hero powered unbelievable cards to win games is crazy.

It's amusing right now, but I have a feeling when I wake up tomorrow I'm not going to want to play tavern brawl anymore this week.

Very poor effort by Blizz.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I was one star from rank 4 and suddenly i tilted like crazy and now i'm rank 7 :( The RNG gods have abandoned me, or maybe i should sleep before 2AM to prevent shitty plays.

Dahbomb

He just won two in a row pretty comfortably
Did you see the plays by the other players?

One of them was filling up the board when he had that Living Bomb up on one of his creatures...

Obviously you can win games when the other player plays like total shit and doesn't know how to actually play Nefarian.

The more important metric is how many times a good player has lost using Nefarian. Kripp hasn't lost a single game as Nef so far despite making some obvious misplays with the hero (misplays that would auto lose if you were playing as Ragnaros). It's possible to lose even for good players, but when that stat is approaching the 90% then you know something is wrong.

Cat Party

I got my free pack and I'm not gonna get mad, but I do hope future brawls are a little better tested than this one. I like the crazy ass deck concept with cards that could never be released, but it's not even close how tilted this is. Sucks a good chunk of the fun out of what is supposed to be a fun mode. I'll still probably play some more to try to get a win with Rag just to say I did it.

I had a fun time today with brawl so I decided to play loose and fast with my coin purse and spent some
gold
opening a classic and gvg pack. Finally got a troggzor. Looking forward to using it.

Dahbomb

Brawl is good for doing some absolutely hilarious BM plays with Nefarian.

There should be some nice Trollden videos to come out of this for sure.

Tubie

I got an easy win on my first try with Rag.

Other guy got me down to 14 health with nef before I could even damage him, but by then I got the 8 dmg hero power and I got a steady stream of big minions, he eventually ran out of ways to deal with my minions and I won 12 to 0.

I like the concept, hope they keep adding some wild/creative match ups.

Tamanon

Banned
I was floating at 3 health as Nef for four turns. Lucky I was stacking the board constantly with whelp storms to minimize my chances of getting hit by Rag's power.

bigkrev

I've played 6 times and won 5- 3 as Rag and 2 as Nef. Nef deck just seems to run out of Gas pretty quickly and is over reliant on getting useful spells.

Joco

I must have been lucky, I played one quick game before I had to go to work and crushed my opponent as Rag. Now I come back and everyone is saying Nefarian is overpowered. Guess I'll have to play some more.

Tavern brawl is a lot of fun even though Rag needs to be buffed or nefarian nerfed in some way.

I bought Magni and Windrunner skins so far. Really not impressed by the voice acting with them. The bosses in the solo adventures have way better VA. The animations are great though. Also Blizzard is kind of lazy. If you play Cairne against Magni he still says Garrosh you are not fit to rule the horde.

Have to say I'm pretty disappointed with this brawl mode. It's so barebones and I kinda think that's what's it's gonna be. Don't see them implementing deck building into this mode and fighting bosses might be a fun idea at first but it's basically like a single player mission which you kinda don't want to do 30 times in a row.

Am I the only one who thinks ragnaros is overpowered?

Neferian depends too much on RNG to get good spells out of his hero power

can you buy skins with gold?

Tamanon

Banned
I think they're probably equal, just Nef is more forgiving while learning the character, with a ton of board clears and board fillers.

Higgy

Most fun I've had with hearthstone in a long time. Tavern is exactly what the game needed. I'm having a blast. You guys must be a jaded bunch.

Haunted

Kripp has played 10 games in Brawl and a Rag has not won a single game yet...
I've only played two games, both as Rag, won both.

#swag

Did anybody else get an uber pack from tavern brawl? Mine had a golden rare, golden common, and a legendary.
Yeah, my pack was really good, an epic and two rares.

But I'm under no illusion that it was as random as any other pack. :)

Got a rare, a golden rare, and an epic from my brawl pack.

I was thinking about buying one hero, but none of them are worth the $10. They should have made them $5 a pop and I probably would have bought them all.

Acidote

lol no, must have been a GvsG I bought too. I never stop to look at them unless there's golden there haha. Happy about it anyways :D

SmokinDan

Have to say I'm pretty disappointed with this brawl mode. It's so barebones and I kinda think that's what's it's gonna be. Don't see them implementing deck building into this mode and fighting bosses might be a fun idea at first but it's basically like a single player mission which you kinda don't want to do 30 times in a row.

Pretty sure they mentioned you'll be building decks at some point.

Loomba

Played 5 games where I got double swipe within 3 turns and then played a zoo where I didnt get a swipe until turn 10. fuck this game sometimes man

ViviOggi

I wonder if it's just the fact that people are more likely to proclaim their good pulls from non-ordinanry packs or if Blizz actually increases drop rates of promo/event packs a bit to lure in new players

What I know for certain is that mine are always 40 dust

I wonder if it's just the fact that people are more likely to proclaim their good pulls from non-ordinanry packs or if Blizz actually increases drop rates of promo/event packs a bit to lure in new players

As someone pointed out, that is a gvg pack and brawl only rewards classic.

Levi

Banned
Obviously, that's just plain old luck. But we constantly get droves of people talking about the legendaries they've pulled when any kind of promotion is on.

More people opening packs, more chance of people getting crazy good packs.

Also some people are liars.

gutshot

It's definitely selective sharing. Mine was 4 commons+rare too. But no one is going to bother to mention that on the thread.

Heropon

It's definitely selective sharing. Mine was 4 commons+rare too. But no one is going to bother to mention that on the thread.

I mentioned that! But when all your packs are like that it's logical to not mention it. I don't remember when I got my last epic, I think it was another Big Game Hunter.

Pooya

I hate you all, last time I pulled a legendary from a pack... I don't even remember when that was :\ I crafted everything I have now pretty much. hey I get some golden epic here and there and that's it...

Acidote

Obviously, that's just plain old luck. But we constantly get droves of people talking about the legendaries they've pulled when any kind of promotion is on.

I usually have piss poor luck with packs, but I'm not posting those! Actually, my last legendary before those two was Thermaplugg too =(

br3wnor

People are more likely to proclaim their good pulls from special packs I think, but you never know. I just know I got 40 dust out of my pack. Golden legendary and normal legendary in a pack is insane though.

My brawl pack just had an epic in it. Not even a new one, either. It was my fourth Avenging Wrath. I can't complain too much because I pulled legendaries in back to back packs from my daily pack on Sunday and Monday. It was Hemet and Blingtron, but at least that's a lot of dust. I kind of want to play around with Blingtron in a Mech Rogue deck.

embalm

Thoughts on Tavern Brawl.

Nef vs Rag, isn't a Brawl that will keep our attention for the full 4 days, but it's something never done in the game before and I enjoyed the change of pace, even if only for a couple days. It does a lot to showcase exactly what the mode is capable of doing, here is a list of all the things it does, which have never been done in a multiplayer mode.
  • Custom Cards & Heroes
  • Starting with a Weapon equiped
  • Starting with 5 mana
  • No hero selection
  • Play with cards you don't own

Tavern Brawl is a cool advertisement for the Black Rock Mountain adventure. If you don't own the adventure it has to nice to get a chance to use the cards for free. It showcases all the heroes and previews almost all of the cards. I totally expect Brawl to be used to be used in this way to preview ALL future expansions and adventures.

Imagine if before GvG released, there was a Tavern Brawl that had custom decks like all mech rogue, all goblin pally, all gnome mage. How about a Brawl where you can only build decks with cards from the upcoming expansion. A lot like how the cards were made available in Arena, only more focused on the latest expansion.

So I guess on top of the hopefully more engaging Brawls in the future, they will do some cool stuff with previewing upcoming releases.

Dahbomb

Tavern Brawl is a thinly veiled analogy of Ladder play.

Get wrecked by huge tempo plays and when the slower deck starts to stabilize you crush them with crazy RNG swings and top dicks.

And it's a reminder of how bad the Ragnaros ability is when the opponent's board is full with shitty minions.

gutshot

My brawl pack just had an epic in it. Not even a new one, either. It was my fourth Avenging Wrath. I can't complain too much because I pulled legendaries in back to back packs from my daily pack on Sunday and Monday. It was Hemet and Blingtron, but at least that's a lot of dust. I kind of want to play around with Blingtron in a Mech Rogue deck.

Blingtron in Mech Mage with Water Ellies and Chuggas is actually pretty decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom