• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Type2

I've been playing Mech Shaman for most of the month. It's gotten me from around rank 13 or 14 down to rank 4. I'm hoping to hit Legend for the first time before the end of the month. I rarely see any other Shamans on the ladder, though. It's mostly Hunters, Paladins, and Druids with occassional Handlocks, Control Warriors, Oil Rogues, and whatever Mage deck is popular right now (haven't seen many Mech Mages lately). I've seen a few Priests crop up the last few days, but Shaman is really rare.

I have an idea for some controlish mech builds but it requires too many cards I don't have. Glad to see someones plays the class. Im just wondering what blizzard could do to make them more played beyond gimmicks.

Aylinato

Ve5yRvj.jpg

Speaking of Kripp, Trump was playing Pokemon and named his rival Kripp.

Speaking of Reynold, he's extremely satlty about something every other day

I just saw a Eurogamer headline about a Hearthstone turn taking 40+ minutes to complete, but the site is blocked at my work so I couldn't get any details.

How is that possible?

Dahbomb

I just saw a Eurogamer headline about a Hearthstone turn taking 40+ minutes to complete, but the site is blocked at my work so I couldn't get any details.

How is that possible?
Probably some some sort of Priest bull shit cycling mechanic where the card effects keep going on and on.

Zemm

Speaking of Reynold, he's extremely satlty about something every other day

More like every day, he's a massive cry baby but it works because I watch him to see him cry every time he streams. Massive thundercunt of a person IMO with all the lea, rdu and trump stuff.

gutshot

How is that possible?

It's actually 40+ hours. 7 Prophet Velens with Velen's Chosen cast on them which buffed Arcane Missiles to do a ridiculous 26,752 damage each. And then cast that 9 times on an Ice Blocked opponent.

The first Arcane Missiles just finished casting over 5 hours into the stream. LOLZ.

It's actually 40+ hours. 7 Prophet Velens with Velen's Chosen cast on them which buffed Arcane Missiles to do a ridiculous 26,752 damage each. And then cast that 9 times on an Ice Blocked opponent.

The first Arcane Missiles just finished casting over 5 hours into the stream. LOLZ.
Haha that is awesome. I hope they don't disconnect ;)

Dreavus

Is Blackrock going to be released one wing at a time like Naxx was? I've got enough gold for the first 3 wings (if they are 700 each). Getting up to the full 3500 will be a challenge.

Xanathus

For those of you who have enough gold to buy multiple wings at a time, you could buy Naxx wings ahead of time by setting your computer's clock forward to the wing release date. If this is still possible with Blackrock Mountain, you can buy wings ahead of time to avoid purchase issues.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Bought Black Rock Mountain... i blame Blizzard.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Reynad these days isnt so fun to watch, you know exactly how the stream will go

"So ive had this new deck idea"

Option A it works for a little and then something beats it

"As you can see now im streaming the deck wont work"

Option A continued he goes for aggro deck because he cant stand losing, it works

"Yeah this aggro deck works, ill use it to grind up a bit"

Option B

"I have this idea for a new deck"

Option B doesnt work

"You cant try new decks on stream, you will always get snipers, i should stream with delay, twitch chat is really bad"

Option B continued, he goes to aggro deck beceause he cant stand losing, it doesnt work

"Yeah I dont feel like streaming today, twitch chat being like it is, I know I said i would stream a long time but im not going to"

Maybe leak. Maybe fake.

I don't even understand the point of this screen shot, even if it was real. This shows pretty much nothing at all. All you learn is that the Priest rare is four cost, there's a 5 cost legendary, and a new three cost legendary? People need to put in more effort.

Had that happen before. It actually kind of sucks since I have no other BGH target in my deck.

Rapstah

Cards aren't "coded individually", there are just way more mechanics than people realise that they plug into. You can't say Sylvanas and Mad Scientist acting differently means it's inconsistent because they do two totally different things.

Edit: Zombie Chow not triggering when you kill both the enemy hero and a Zombie Chow you own with Hellfire seems inconsistent. Hero deaths are supposed to happen after all other simultaneous effects to the hero death are resolved. The Boom Bot Blade Flurry thing mentioned in the Reddit post sounds like intended behaviour. I wonder if any healing effects saving a hero at negative HP is intended at all. Is Zombie Chow the only card that can make it happen?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Cards aren't "coded individually", there are just way more mechanics than people realise that they plug into. You can't say Sylvanas and Mad Scientist acting differently means it's inconsistent because they do two totally different things.

They aren't that different, they are Death Rattle effects. Death Rattles should ether consistently resolve after battle cry, or after a minion comes into play, not different depending on the card. Mad Scientist kicks in right after the battle cry is over, so the order of events is Battle Cry -> Death Rattle effect -> Minion comes into play -> Secret Activates.

But Sylavanas the Death Rattle goes into effect after the Minion comes into play. So it goes Battle Cry -> Minion comes into play -> Death Rattle effect.

Personally, I feel Mad Scientist is the wrong interaction, but it shouldn't be different in the first place.

JesseZao

Edit: Zombie Chow not triggering when you kill both the enemy hero and a Zombie Chow you own with Hellfire seems inconsistent. Hero deaths are supposed to happen after all other simultaneous effects to the hero death are resolved. The Boom Bot Blade Flurry thing mentioned in the Reddit post sounds like intended behaviour. I wonder if any healing effects saving a hero at negative HP is intended at all. Is Zombie Chow the only card that can make it happen?

They've already admitted to bugs and are going to fix the interactions.

They need a solid rule-set for order of resolution.

Rapstah

They aren't that different, they are Death Rattle effects. Death Rattles should ether consistently resolve after battle cry, or after a minion comes into play, not different depending on the card. Mad Scientist kicks in right after the battle cry is over, so the order of events is Battle Cry -> Death Rattle effect -> Minion comes into play -> Secret Activates.

But Sylavanas the Death Rattle goes into effect after the Minion comes into play. So it goes Battle Cry -> Minion comes into play -> Death Rattle effect.

Personally, I feel Mad Scientist is the wrong interaction, but it shouldn't be different in the first place.

I don't think there's a single "comes into play" event. Mirror Entity obviously copies minions after their Battlecry has finished triggering so you can get more than 4/1 Twilight Drakes. Maybe it straight up triggers off the "battlecry finishes" trigger so that can happen. There's all kinds of states of being in and out of play.

Edit: If you have Sword of Justice out and play Lord Jaraxxus, does Mirror Entity copy a 4/16 Jaraxxus or a 3/15 Jaraxxus? I've always felt like Mirror Entity being able to copy Jaraxxus is weird, but I guess all Jaraxxus really does in his Battlecry is destroy your hero and take its place, nothing to do with the stats or existence of the minion.

Started playing Paladin after giving up on Hunter. Any must have cards/psynergies to be aware of?

I have about 400 dust to make some cards but Im thinking of saving my 1.2K coins for Blackrock. Though I really want that one secret that gives a minion like +2/+1 when another minion dies

Rapstah

I have about 400 dust to make some cards but Im thinking of saving my 1.2K coins for Blackrock. Though I really want that one secret that gives a minion like +2/+1 when another minion dies

That's from Naxxramas, and from the very last class challenge at that.

Dreavus

I don't think there's a single "comes into play" event. Mirror Entity obviously copies minions after their Battlecry has finished triggering so you can get more than 4/1 Twilight Drakes. Maybe it straight up triggers off the "battlecry finishes" trigger so that can happen. There's all kinds of states of being in and out of play.

I think he's saying there should be a consistent one.

To rephrase it (mostly for myself): A scientist killed by a battle cry ability can grab a mirror entity and have that mirror entity activate for the minion that killed him, meaning his deathrattle effect is going off specifically before the minion comes out, otherwise entity wouldn't copy it.

When Sylvanus is killed by a battle cry, her deathrattle seems to wait for that battle cry minion to come into play, then her deathrattle activates and steals it, contrary to how Scientist works (where the deathrattle happened first, then the minion came into play).

It's less about the battle cry and more about the deathrattles in this case. The Mad Scientist and Sylvanus interactions at at odds with each other, even though they both trigger on deathrattle.

I agree that generally speaking, any time something "coming into play" is important it's usually referred to as a "battlecry", but with this example we're seeing a rules inconsistency that should be tightened up one way or another.

FAKE EDIT: Actually I think your example brings up something else in regard to battlecry effects. I guess they always happen before the minion hits play, even if it's buffing itself? That seems weird to me. They would have to, for entity to work, unless it's a special case.

Rapstah

FAKE EDIT: Actually I think your example brings up something else in regard to battlecry effects. I guess they always happen before the minion hits play, even if it's buffing itself? That seems weird to me. They would have to, for entity to work, unless it's a special case.

There's no real "hitting play". A minion is on the board before its Battlecry even triggers, and then different stuff hooks into the process as the minion goes through getting buffed by stuff that triggers on you summoning a minion (apparently first, or right after Battlecry but before Secrets), its Battlecry (which sometimes, but apparently not always, means a minion killed by the Battlecry will also go through its Deathrattle before the summoned minion leaves its Battlecry), and then Secrets and finally "after you summon a minion".

The weirdest interaction is that apparently a Jaraxxus played into Snipe will turn into a 3/11 Hero. That's got to be a special case. The minion no longer exists when Snipe should trigger.

Joco

Does arena matchmaking put you against decks with similar number of wins? I had what I thought was a pretty solid deck and went 3-0, then lost the next three games straight. Seems like every time I get that third win I run into a wall.

JesseZao

Does arena matchmaking put you against decks with similar number of wins? I had what I thought was a pretty solid deck and went 3-0, then lost the next three games straight. Seems like every time I get that third win I run into a wall.

Supposedly. They try to match you against similar records.

Danj

OK so I finished unlocking class stuff, so I bought Naxxramas.

I defeated the first boss, but now I need a deck that can go up against Grand Widow Faerlina - the basic Mage deck is no good for that.

Any suggestions? Are there constructed decks that are specifically for use against Naxxramas bosses?

Ourobolus

Banned
Asked this earlier but didn't get a response, and I figure you guys would know:

Any apps/sites that allow you to not only build decks, but also catalogue the cards you own? I'd like to play around with decks based on cards that I own rather than sifting through the entire set.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
OK so I finished unlocking class stuff, so I bought Naxxramas.

I defeated the first boss, but now I need a deck that can go up against Grand Widow Faerlina - the basic Mage deck is no good for that.

Any suggestions? Are there constructed decks that are specifically for use against Naxxramas bosses?

Naxx bosses are like puzzles. Try to build a deck that works around their abilities the best. Its no fun if you let other people solve the problem for you!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
For just about every every Naxx boss you can just do a simple Google search and getting a deck of basic cards that should beat the boss.

Rapstah

Asked this earlier but didn't get a response, and I figure you guys would know:

Any apps/sites that allow you to not only build decks, but also catalogue the cards you own? I'd like to play around with decks based on cards that I own rather than sifting through the entire set.

Hearthhead, although I understand the process is entirely manual and terrible so I've never touched it. When you've added all your cards, it'll allow you to show decks you can build and how much dust you need for a given deck and all kinds of stuff though.

I've been getting back into Hearthstone for the first time in a while. Last time I played Buzzard/Unleash wasn't nerfed yet. I loved playing that beast synergy deck. I've messed around with face hunter because it was cheap and I had some of the cards but I'm just not into that play style. What's another good mid range class that uses the same synergy principles that I can start building a deck on.

I just managed to kill a face hunter on turn five with a 12/7 scavenging hyena by turn five thanks to perfect scenarios. Of web spinner, hyena, unleash, boar. He even used a freeze trap on turn five but I had a flare. haha

Joco

Doing a Paladin arena draft, first pick was between Bolvar Fordragon, Hogger, and Sneed's Old Shredder. Heartharena actually rated Hogger the highest but with only four health and the amount of mages in arena running Flamestrike I didn't feel like picking him. And Sneed's while it can be good, is heavily RNG-based and often in the past I've drafted him only to not be able to play him anyway as the game is often decided by turn 8. Bolvar was rated significantly lower than the other two but I'm hoping he wins me a few games if I can avoid silences.

What the hell is going on. People are playing some weird shit.

Between face hunters with harrison and taz'dingo...and mech mages with ice block...i'm clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom