• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemm

What the hell is going on. People are playing some weird shit.

Between face hunters with harrison and taz'dingo...and mech mages with ice block...i'm clueless.

Priests playing control is weird too, I've run into two tonight, they must be getting wrecked in this meta.

johnsmith

remember me
The meta is so weird. I thought it had settled with midrange hunter and mech mage at the top, but now they're tier 2 decks along with priest, and warrior is back to the top tier.

https://tempostorm.com/articles/the-meta-snapshot-10-the-twighlight-of-gvg

And bloodlust shaman is back.
D6PfW.jpg

Special C

I've determined the only streamers I can Stand are Trump and Kibler. Everybody else is either Hateful, Salty, or downright annoying. GuardmanBob is alright too.

Brofist

OK so I finished unlocking class stuff, so I bought Naxxramas.

I defeated the first boss, but now I need a deck that can go up against Grand Widow Faerlina - the basic Mage deck is no good for that.

Any suggestions? Are there constructed decks that are specifically for use against Naxxramas bosses?

You can cheese just about every Naxx boss with decks found online, but it's more fun to fail a few times and solve the bosses with your own deck.

johnsmith

remember me
God damn it. I've lost like 4 in a row with mech mage in casual trying to do a quest. Not once have I gotten mechwarper in my opening hand.

Cipherr

I've determined the only streamers I can Stand are Trump and Kibler. Everybody else is either Hateful, Salty, or downright annoying. GuardmanBob is alright too.

Bobs stream is fun for the Twitch picks where he has the script that lets chat vote to choose the cards for his arena run; but more than that the music.

I must have 10 or more album purchases from hearing/discovering music on his channel while letting it play in a chrome tab while working during the day/night.

Ourobolus

Banned
Hearthhead, although I understand the process is entirely manual and terrible so I've never touched it. When you've added all your cards, it'll allow you to show decks you can build and how much dust you need for a given deck and all kinds of stuff though.
Thanks dude.

Fixed1979

Man, I forgot how much fun handlock is, I get nothing but well played's from my opponents when they're at 30 and I'm at 10-13 hp, the next turn I control the game and a couple turns later they're conceding. There's a reason I don't hit well played until it's my turn and I have a finish available (or my opponent actually make a great play).

Haunted

I can't go back to watching Trump's stream, the YT editor is just too good. Replays, animated deck list, animated arena counters - and of course the most important thing for Trump - editing out extended silence.

Kibler is good as well.

That's good.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The meta is so weird. I thought it had settled with midrange hunter and mech mage at the top, but now they're tier 2 decks along with priest, and warrior is back to the top tier.

Wait, so even oil rogue is suggested to run Dr. Boom now?

If Dr. Boom is legitimately a part of even that deck now, I think the only legit deck without it is now Face Hunter.

It seems the only reason to leave it out of any other deck is if it's the one and only BGH target, and even that only makes including it debatable.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong

D6PfW.jpg
Lol wut. What the fuck is that site? One guys opinion? Yeah. Real tier rankings are based off tournament results and concurrent, high ranking legendary decks. Liquidhearth is one of the few sites I trust to grab a real snapshot of what the current meta is like, since their rankings are based off actual results.

JesseZao

Lol wut. What the fuck is that site? One guys opinion? Yeah. Real tier rankings are based off tournament results and concurrent, high ranking legendary decks. Liquidhearth is one of the few sites I trust to grab a real snapshot of what the current meta is like, since their rankings are based off actual results.

Yeah. It's not really relevant to ladder.

It would be really cool to get some historical meta data from blizz at a panel for hearthstone. Not holding my breath, though.

clav

Reynad these days isnt so fun to watch, you know exactly how the stream will go

"So ive had this new deck idea"

Option A it works for a little and then something beats it

"As you can see now im streaming the deck wont work"

Option A continued he goes for aggro deck because he cant stand losing, it works

"Yeah this aggro deck works, ill use it to grind up a bit"

Option B

"I have this idea for a new deck"

Option B doesnt work

"You cant try new decks on stream, you will always get snipers, i should stream with delay, twitch chat is really bad"

Option B continued, he goes to aggro deck beceause he cant stand losing, it doesnt work

"Yeah I dont feel like streaming today, twitch chat being like it is, I know I said i would stream a long time but im not going to"

He's entertaining for his commentary during some days.

Levi

Banned
4 players in a row with Black Knight. I thought he was bad in this meta, lol. My poor Beast Form DotC and Sludge Belchers never had a chance.

johnsmith

remember me
Wait, so even oil rogue is suggested to run Dr. Boom now?

If Dr. Boom is legitimately a part of even that deck now, I think the only legit deck without it is now Face Hunter.

It seems the only reason to leave it out of any other deck is if it's the one and only BGH target, and even that only makes including it debatable.
Dr Boom has always been acceptable to play in oil rogue. It's a legit option in every single deck out there except for Freeze Mage. Hell even face hunter could use it as insurance in case your games go past turn 7. Who knows, you could get lucky and get 2 boom shots to the face at 4 each.

It's a ladder tier list. Why are real tier rankings based on tournaments? Tournament rankings are useless to 99% of players. And you don't know who Hyped or Tempostorm are? lol wut

Dahbomb

I was telling people to run Dr Boom in Oil rogue a while back. It just works out much better. The whole point of Boom in Oil Rogue is to have some minions so that something gets hit with the Oil for big damage. Plus the Boom Bots can hit face to put you in lethal range.

Type2

Hey, I dont know if there is a friendslist database or anything but I was wondering if anyone would like to add me on bnet to have some friendly games here and there. My bnet is Type2 #1944. I have a few decent decks some of which I feel like I pilot well and others not so much. Trying to step up my priest game atm. It'd be nice to have some friends to play with while I'm avoid my 40 gold quests and too poor to play arena.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I was telling people to run Dr Boom in Oil rogue a while back. It just works out much better. The whole point of Boom in Oil Rogue is to have some minions so that something gets hit with the Oil for big damage. Plus the Boom Bots can hit face to put you in lethal range.

According to the Tempostorm article, it's not about creating situations to oil, but to replace the more situational oil with a more all around damage dealing option that'll work in most all situations. Their example deck even drops one oil to make room for Dr Boom.

I still can't imagine Dr. Boom creating many good oil situations, but I can imagine it often doing the same damage an oil would, and being a good mana dump when Sprint wants to sit at the very back of your deck.

Dahbomb

According to the Tempostorm article, it's not about creating situations to oil, but to replace oil as a more all around damage dealing option that'll work in most all situations. Their example deck even drops one oil to make room for Dr Boom.
I don't know if I would do that... Oil is really, really good. Even when you don't have Oil, the opponent is trying to play around it by removing all of your minions and keeping board at a minimum.

I guess that's the meta which allows one to have Oil... the fact that people are playing around two allowing you to pass with just one.

Levi

Banned
Welp, the dream of hitting legend this season is dead, dead, dead. Was one win away from rank 7, dropped down to 10 with zero stars before I won one. Done for the day. Even if I get my win rate back up I don't have the time to grind anyway.

Drew really badly today. For example, Kezan in my starting hand except against hunter or mage when I never drew it.

Only postive of today was that my druid hit 40 and I got a golden ironbark. Whoo.

Sblargh

Banned
So, I was fighting this mage with hunter. He was down to 2 life and I was down to 4. His turn.

The secret animation came out of nowhere and that 4/2 golem with charge came *out of his deck* right into the table. No other card. Then he won.
Actually it wasn't the secret animation; but the animation that mad scientist does when he dies, that brings a secret out of the deck; except it was a creature and nothing at all triggered it.

Rapstah

So, I was fighting this mage with hunter. He was down to 2 life and I was down to 4. His turn.

The secret animation came out of nowhere and that 4/2 golem with charge came *out of his deck* right into the table. No other card. Then he won.
Actually it wasn't the secret animation; but the animation that mad scientist does when he dies, that brings a secret out of the deck; except it was a creature and nothing at all triggered it.

That's how Arcane Golem looks when you summon it. It's its Battlecry giving you a mana crystal. Your client was just out of sync with the game, showing you the minion attacking before it had had time to show the opponent drawing it. This happens all the time with the spectator client because that has worse sync problems.

ViviOggi

5 wins w/ Warrior quest, run into CW with, among other stupidly slow cards, Gorehowl and fucking CAIRNE, good luck with that against the rest of the ladder buddy

Dragner

I really like Kibler but Trump?, he spend more time silent than anything, taking forever to make even small plays('I will make this, not this, not this, not this').

Kibler Strifecro and Savijz are my go to streamers.

Aylinato

My handlock is amazing when I get the cards needed to trounce face hunters, had one dude completely ignore my board while only going face, he got me to 1 hp, heal bot after double taunting moltens with defender

ViviOggi

My handlock is amazing when I get the cards needed to trounce face hunters, had one dude completely ignore my board while only going face, he got me to 1 hp, heal bot after double taunting moltens with defender
To be fair it's not like he had a choice in the matchup. Likely could have gotten that last point of HP too, most Face Hunters don't weave in the maximum amount of hero powers and/or mulligan incorrectly.

embalm

I have some serious Arena salt rage today. I'm so annoyed by the bullshit I lost too last night.

I draft a pretty good Druid. Nothing crazy, but solid minions, good curve, 2 swipes, and even an ancient of lore.

First game is a Mage. turn 3 coin + water elemental, turn 4 elemental, turns 5, 6, & 7 are fireballs. I can't keep a board, I was lucky enough to draw into Druid of Claw, but fire balls destroyed them. I lose, but that guy seems to have an awesome deck.

Second game is a Paladin who is playing pretty badly. Turn 8 he makes some really weird trades and I know it's coming... KT lands and brings back a couple of 2 cost minions, nothing crazy. I don't have removal, but I setup a board that can kill KT almost no matter what. Then he plays Ysera on turn 9. I kill off KT, but I couldn't recover after that. I lose and that guy sucks, but has 2 of the absolute best legendaries for arena, bullshit.

Third game. Mage again. A really good match, I play around the flame strike and we're battling for board control on turn 12 or so. I drop an Ironbark to draw out a removal or to clear his many weaker minions. Then it happens... He required assistance. He played Antonidas+Coin+Polymorph.

I can handle some bad games, but 3 bullshit games in a row broke me. I'm still mad.

ViviOggi

I have some serious Arena salt rage today. I'm so annoyed by the bullshit I lost too last night.

I draft a pretty good Druid. Nothing crazy, but solid minions, good curve, 2 swipes, and even an ancient of lore.

First game is a Mage. turn 3 coin + water elemental, turn 4 elemental, turns 5, 6, & 7 are fireballs. I can't keep a board, I was lucky enough to draw into Druid of Claw, but fire balls destroyed them. I lose, but that guy seems to have an awesome deck.

Second game is a Paladin who is playing pretty badly. Turn 8 he makes some really weird trades and I know it's coming... KT lands and brings back a couple of 2 cost minions, nothing crazy. I don't have removal, but I setup a board that can kill KT almost no matter what. Then he plays Ysera on turn 9. I kill off KT, but I couldn't recover after that. I lose and that guy sucks, but has 2 of the absolute best legendaries for arena, bullshit.

Third game. Mage again. A really good match, I play around the flame strike and we're battling for board control on turn 12 or so. I drop an Ironbark to draw out a removal or to clear his many weaker minions. Then it happens... He required assistance. He played Antonidas+Coin+Polymorph.

I can handle some bad games, but 3 bullshit games in a row broke me. I'm still mad.
So it's legendary day already huh

3 games are nothing compared to my 8 (eight) shit tier drafts in a row

ZZMitch

Yeah Kibler is my go to and Trump is 2nd. I hope Kibler can get a more consistent stream schedule going eventually!

Alrus

I haven't watched trump in a long time, but I honestly find him to be boring, and at times his overthinking every single plays gets really grating. (Also he sometimes refused to play cards if he couldn't get full value out of them, I think that changed lately but that was really frustrating to watch when it costs him the game a couple time).

I enjoy GuardsmanBob and Hafu for arenas, and outside of that I guess Kibler or Savjz are pretty nice (but I don't really enjoy watching constructed much).

KePoW

Banned
Yall don't watch Kripparrian? He's the only one I really know and a really nice guy with a non-nerdy voice

(sorry but I just can't stand watching people with a really nerdy voice that seem like they are awkward in the real world)

I don't get why people are watching those streams.

Playing Hearthstone >>>>> watching someone else playing HS (unless it's some high level tournament)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I don't get why people are watching those streams.

Playing Hearthstone >>>>> watching someone else playing HS (unless it's some high level tournament)

Easier to watch than play at work.

Also, learning the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom