• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

Just tanked my Hunter-average in Arena with a 2 win run.
tears.gif
Was close to 8 before it I think, had been farming all those Mages, but this time I ran into a double-whammy Priest gauntlet at 2 wins.

FeD.nL

Medivh's the first one I'm super-tempted by. For anyone who really invests a lot of time into the game (30-60 mins a day or more), A DLC-cost really isn't THAT bad to essentially 'role play' as a new favourite character, even if it's not going to functionally affect the game in any new way. $10 is a bit high for sure....$5 would have gotten a lot more impulse buys I think, but they've clearly done their marketing research to show that $10 is probably the sweet spot for the greatest revenue.

I'm definitely in at $10 (I know, lol) if a totally treasured character comes along for one of the other classes. If they launch a Kil'jaeden or Archimonde as a new Warlock, or Velen as a new priest or something, I'd probably bite.

I'm kind of sad that the likely second priest hero will probably be Tyrande. Can't stand that insipid voice. Maybe they'll go with a Troll/voodoo-type of priest and continue in the vein of Vol'jin. Maybe Zabra?

I'm just bummed out that Blizzard didn't at least change some basic cards to fit the flavor of the hero. Even just a single card or two. Especially since this "feature" has been in development for over 1,5 years.

Edit:

Just looking at the starting cards for the three classes that could be changed:

Warrior: Fiery War Axe (change it to a Hammer)
Mage: Fireball (change it to a purple arcane bolt)
Hunter: Houndmaster (change it to a High-Elf)

I mean come on Blizzard.

Tagyhag

So I think that fatigue rogues are the least fun decks to play against, it wouldn't be so bad if their whole concept wasn't to drag the match for as long as possible.

Dreavus

Played against a Medivh for the first time the other day. I was not expecting the cawing and feathers and the start, lol.

I still insta-muted him though, as with everyone. :|

EDIT: They should at make his hero power icon a purple arcane bolt to go with the alternate animation.

Pooya

New brawl soon. Do we get another free pack? seems too generous for Blizzard

Really like to see what the win count is for. Card back maybe? There should be a way to acquire past card backs in the game.

Raxus

Really like to see what the win count is for. Card back maybe? There should be a way to acquire past card backs in the game.

How so? One pack a week is nothing when you consider they give away 40 gold minimum every day. Plus they look to be experimenting with TB rewards to maybe even include dust.
Bought Medivh.

I'm part of the problem.

(a lot of it had to do with being sick and tired of Jaina)
You're the worst but if the images went on sale I'd by them in a heartbeat. I really would love to play as the new warrior, druid, and priest.

JesseZao

In case you didn't realize , we don't get a new one at the end of this one. They go active on Wednesdays each time.

Would be nice to have stats that mean something or are worth getting to be sure.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I noticed in this brawl that the friend challenges actually work towards quests. I had the 100 gold 7 win one and noticed it ticked up when my friend conceded asap, so you could actually farm most quests if it uses the actual playable classes.

I imagine blizzard will change that at some point, but eh.

I noticed in this brawl that the friend challenges actually work towards quests. I had the 100 gold 7 win one and noticed it ticked up when my friend conceded asap, so you could actually farm most quests if it uses the actual playable classes.

I imagine blizzard will change that at some point, but eh.

The 100 gold quest was always the most lenient quest. You can even complete it facing the innkeeper.

I just struggled through a 5 Paladin wins quest and bought a GvG pack with the rewards. I got a pretty good pack, but this is the fourth god damn Wee Spellstopper I've pulled. And it's golden, no less. At least Tree of Life was new.

7LQRUYal.jpg

Sande

I just got Lorewalker Cho out of a Piloted Shredder. As a priest. With a hand full of spells. Luckily the paladin I was against didn't realize he should probably keep it alive.
Edit: And a vitality totem in the next game. C'mon.

embalm

Aww yeah. 12-2 arena run yesterday. A Warrior deck of all things. It was a really average deck. Weapons were the only thing that allowed me to get ahead in all of my games, I had 5 in total and an Upgrade. Both of my losses came against mages that seemed to have unlimited water elementals. Fun run.

Rewards were 2 packs, 285 gold, and a golden mad bomber.

J0dy77

Been in love with a Control pally deck lately. Playing control/mid-range matchups is so much more enjoyable than all of the rush decks. The back and forth strategy and using all of your deck just feels so enjoyable.

I understand why people play face hunter and pure aggro decks but I really wish it wasn't so strong in the current meta. It impacts my feeling for the quality of the game when I lose strictly because I didn't draw specific cards in the first three turns. I understand it is part of the game and helps the newbie players, just my little rant appreciation for the way the game is progressing with decks but still deals with aggro.

Have you guys played Prismata?

It's like Starcraft meets card battle games like Hearthstone/Magic.

It's pretty cool because everyone has the same deck with special randomized "units" that the other player also gets. But you guys both build up economy and resources to play special cards.

I pretty much like it because it has zero RNG, which I found interesting compared to Hearthstone. I'm kind of looking for more card games on the internet, but it seems Hearthstone is really the king.

Interesting how there are more now, like that Bethesda TES game.

Does anyone play a priest deck? I took the standard control deck and tweaked it slightly. I like being able to control the other opinions minions. I am thinking of swamping out shrinkmeister since he doesn't seem to do much.

HrAlsww.png

I run a Priest deck that has some similarities to your deck. I actually just uploaded a video of the NeoGAF Hearthstone Tournament which shows me running the deck three times, it might be worth a look/to skip around a bit and see what's up. I try to explain some of my plays throughout.

Here's the decklist:

Draft

I loved Tavern Brawl. Even with the iffy balance it was a lot of fun.

Lost to a Nef on turn three who coined into Vael, hero powered an unstable portal, unstable portal into the high mage, then cast fireball 4 times with another couple in his hand for turn four. I aint even mad. Just kidding I was super mad but it's still pretty funny.

Dahbomb

My friend just destroyed Amaz on stream in Arena while I was spectating/coaching him:

Hearthstone_Screenshot_06_22_15_12_39_29.png

It literally just happened 5 minutes ago on his stream.

Sniperinos were done. And not a single fuck was given!

Raytow

My friend just destroyed Amaz on stream in Arena while I was spectating/coaching him:

Hearthstone_Screenshot_06_22_15_12_39_29.png

It literally just happened 5 minutes ago on his stream.

Sniperinos were done. And not a single fuck was given!
That is low, then again is amaz so no fucks were given as well.

Dahbomb

Whatever happened to the "Arena should feel equal for everyone" philosophy of Blizzard and not having gold cards/portraits there?

Oh that's right... Blizzard changes design philosophies as much as I change my underwear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom