• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Is the new Brawl today or tomorrow?

That's pretty good for an f2p game.

If we assumed that was representative (which it's assuredly way overforecasting) it'd be 7% of the community spending $10, 3% spending $20, and 2% spending $30 for things that took a pretty small amount of work.

Edit:

Hearthstone and Overwatch will be at Gamescom (SC2 and Heroes were at E3, so this makes sense):

CIL_bVwUcAEf1V_.jpg:large
Still over a month to go so that should make a good time to announce the next expansion and then slowly start rolling out the card reveals.

Hope we get to build a deck tomorrow for the Brawl. However, I can understand that they only use premades for a while for testing purposes. Its just that I feel way more investment if I put effort into making the deck.

At least the first day/few hours will be interesting before people figure things out. Thinking about it, there really isn't an easy way to prevent net decking.(Chances are Blizzard doesn't want to anyway)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
We've now gotten to the point where Blizzard is referring to Warcraft characters as Hearthstone characters.

GamesBeat: Are we going to see more crossovers between this and Hearthstone?

Gonzales: Crossovers are going to keep happening, and more often. They’ll probably get obnoxious. Hearthstone is such a huge influence on our design team, too. Those guys are so enthusiastic. There’s a lot of characters they pitch. “That sounds like a Hearthstone character that you’re in love with.” “Yeah, it is.”

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/22/h...-the-mobas-future-new-heroes-and-overwatch/2/

Mirimar

I Heard on stream that a guy won 12-0 in arena SIX times in a row... any info about this?

He also retired any draft that didn't allow him to play Rogue, lol. So ya, technically 6 twelve win arenas in a row. Still pretty crazy accomplishment considering at least half the decks were just average. Nothing crazy.

Cagey

Banned
I played an Arena match where a Priest opened with:

Turn 1
Young Priestess
Coin
Northshire Cleric (now 1/4)

Turn 2
Power Word: Shield on Cleric (now 1/5)
Power Word: Shield on Priestess
Kill my random 2 drop

Turn 3
Velen's Chosen on WGAF which creature (probably was Cleric, making it a 3/10)

iNvid02

shit talking priest with low curve garbage couldnt anticipate a druid of the claw, GET FFUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKED AWWW YEAAHHHHH

cHinzo

I Heard on stream that a guy won 12-0 in arena SIX times in a row... any info about this?
Yeah that's Ratsmah. If u enjoy playing Arena, u should watch his stream. It's really informative and he explains his thoughts a lot. Watching his stream makes u a better arena player. :D He is also an infinite arena player, averaging more than 7 wins per run. He only went 12-0 trice though, not 6 times. :d. He did get 12 wins six time in a row, which is amazing if u saw some of his drafted rogue decks.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
We've now gotten to the point where Blizzard is referring to Warcraft characters as Hearthstone characters.

I mean, i havent played WoW so all the Hearthstone Characters and Cards ... are new to me
So yeah at least for me, these are Hearthstone chars.

And of course: H E A R T H S T O N E B O Y S

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
http://www.heartharena.com/arena-run/1xq7vq

Went 9-3 with this priest deck. Not even sure how. My two and four slots were weak as hell. I didn't draft Velen's Chosen or Holy Nova. Had to go with anti-synergy Spectral Knights twice. I was offered five freaking Mind Controls. I guess it had to be my insane amount of card draw and the double dark cultists, because otherwise this deck felt really bad to draft.

Heropon

So I open a pack and I see that I have an epic, and I thought how nice it was. I pray for it to be Preparation or at least something I don't have yet. Ha! The third Lay on Hands. Sometimes Hearthstone just wants me to stop playing for some time after a terrible pack after a string of shitty games.

cHinzo

http://www.heartharena.com/arena-run/1xq7vq

Went 9-3 with this priest deck. Not even sure how. My two and four slots were weak as hell. I didn't draft Velen's Chosen or Holy Nova. Had to go with anti-synergy Spectral Knights twice. I was offered five freaking Mind Controls. I guess it had to be my insane amount of card draw and the double dark cultists, because otherwise this deck felt really bad to draft.
Lol, maybe because u had a freakkin huge late game?! :p

Dahbomb

Late game doesn't win consistently in Arena anymore. You need early game presence to win Arena.

Late game only starts to matter past 6 wins. If you draft a super greedy/slow deck then you probably won't make it past 3 wins. That's why best decks are usually the well rounded decks + AOE clears.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Having a huge late game doesn't help you if you can't establish tempo in the early going. They'll just ignore your big drops and go straight to your face. When I started losing near the end it was pretty apparent that if I fell behind I had zero catchup mechanisms.

My two slot just felt really bad. I didn't run into too many 2 mana 2/3's so that probably saved my ass to an extent. My dire wolf and loot hoarder never got punished.

Yeah that's Ratsmah. If u enjoy playing Arena, u should watch his stream. It's really informative and he explains his thoughts a lot

Yeah ratsmah is a good streamer. I've been watching him recently and I don't even like arena that much. But he explains stuff quite a bit, plays good music and is usually streaming when I get home from work.

Other streamers I reccomend are strifecro and hotform.

J0dy77

Whatever happened to the "Arena should feel equal for everyone" philosophy of Blizzard and not having gold cards/portraits there?

Oh that's right... Blizzard changes design philosophies as much as I change my underwear.

Really? How does someone earning a gold portrait and getting to show it off in arena change the equality of theArena game you're playing?

The philosophy is exactly the same and has not changed. Blizzard was referencing the draft process and playstyle of arena, not cosmetic changes that don't change the competitive balance in anyway. You're still playing the same player with 500 wins, it's just now that you know he's a competent player. I actually think this is an advantage, I'd rather know that I'm playing against a competent player, puts me on my toes a bit more.

Do you feel that we should all have the same card back in arena as well? Isn't blizzard throwing off their entire philosophy of fair by allowing players to show a legendary card back?

Pooya

Card backs are a bigger deal than golden portraits, when you see your opponent has some old card back on, you know they've been playing for some time and know what's up and probably have a good collection (hint: 100 percent chance Dr. Boom on turn 7). Any fool can get a golden portrait by farming rank 20. Specially hunters, there are quite a few, granted it means they've played enough games and are probably decent at least. Legend card backs of course have quite a impact on the opponent, far more so than gold portrait/

Now I was playing against this Medivh, that had legend backs and every card was gold. I lost my concentration right there...

Dahbomb

Really? How does someone earning a gold portrait and getting to show it off in arena change the equality of theArena game you're playing?

The philosophy is exactly the same and has not changed. Blizzard was referencing the draft process and playstyle of arena, not cosmetic changes that don't change the competitive balance in anyway. You're still playing the same player with 500 wins, it's just now that you know he's a competent player. I actually think this is an advantage, I'd rather know that I'm playing against a competent player, puts me on my toes a bit more.

Do you feel that we should all have the same card back in arena as well? Isn't blizzard throwing off their entire philosophy of fair by allowing players to show a legendary card back?
I personally don't give a shit what people use where. I was just commenting on the assumption that Blizzard said something to the contrary a while back (which may or may not be true).

gutshot

New Tavern Brawl is live in EU.

It's a Mukla-themed challenge. Every time a minion dies you get a banana card. You create your own deck this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom