• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
New page~
New Tavern Brawl is live in EU.

It's a Mukla-themed challenge. Every time a minion dies you get a banana card. You create your own deck this time.

Avinexus

Sweet.. Mind if I ask for some advice?

How many spells should I have in my deck?

Thats the one thing I can't figure out is The monster to spell ratio. Yu-Gi-Oh kind of trained me to their style of play.

That depends on the deck you are playing. Mage has a deck that can use mainly spells to win, but also has decks that are mainly minions. There isn't really a set ratio you should be adhering to.

gutshot

Won my Tavern Brawl game with a Blingtron Mech Mage deck. (Pretty much the only decent deck I can build with my limited collection on EU.)

Banana cards I saw were:

Give a minion +1/+1.
Give a minion +2/+2.
Deal 1 damage.
Swap the attack and health of a minion.

All cost 1 mana.

gutshot

Random Brawl thoughts:

-So mill rogue is probably going to be real good.
-Gazlowe might actually be playable.
-Paladin the best class?

Looking forward to this opening on NA so I can try out more decks!

Duster

What a bananas brawl that was. Sorry. I had eight bananas in my hand at one point after falling victim to a flamestrike.

I got a Golden Molten Giant in my reward pack! It's by far the best card I've got without crafting. I don't have a normal one and Dr Boom is my only legendary but I'm not sure I can bring myself to dust it.

Edit: Oh turns out you don't get as much dust as I was expecting so I guess I'll keep it for now.

Lumine

Ha this definitely more fun. Won my first game, made a sort of demon zoo warlock deck. Won by swapping the health and attack on my Jaraxxus with a banana that I summoned through Voidcaller and then cast 2 more bananas on it turning it into a 17/5 minion. :D

Willectro

Banned
Nice, Tavern sounds far better this week.

Has there been any talk around number of tavern wins beyond whatever the reward was (a pack?) last week? Or is the number of wins just there for fun?

I think I'm gonna go with a Flamewaker and Wild Pyro deck when I get home. I'll probably throw in Gadgetzan just because I haven't seen one in a while.

Pooya

I was not sure what to play, so I played face hunter.... rekt the mill rouge.

buffing the wolf riders is just too easy to pass on.

when in doubt, hunt the face.

the pack as usual was all dust.

ViviOggi

Mill Rogue conceded turn 3 against my quickly thrown together Tempo Mage lol

Pack was decent, two goldens I didn't have yet

But only a single deck slot, really Blizzard? It's the same fucking menu but with tons of empty space

ZZMitch

Random Brawl thoughts:

-So mill rogue is probably going to be real good.
-Gazlowe might actually be playable.
-Paladin the best class?

Looking forward to this opening on NA so I can try out more decks!

Gazlowe already isn't bad in certain decks (I won one of the past Gaf Tourneys using Gazlowe Priest as my main deck :p). It will be awesome here! I am already thinking of all the decks I will use him in it my favorite card.

Danj

It's a shame you have to re-enter your deck and can't just use one of your already constructed decks.

Are any Brawl oriented decks showing up on netdeck sites like HearthPwn yet? I've no idea what I should be putting in one.

Rapstah

I made a wacky zoo Paladin deck for Tavern Brawl with Bolvar Fordragon and it's been wrecking people. Mill seems pretty strong, but since there's a chance they give you a +2/+2 banana when they kill your 1/1 dudes, it's really hard for them to counter your zoo boards. Worth a try.

Rockyrock

Sound like there will be some good variation just from reading the posts.

Shockadin, tempo mage, mill rogue/druid, egg shaman, zoo, ect..

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I got a golden dat ass from the Brawl pack.

XKJ70r2.jpg
So, do you only get a banana card when one of your minions dies or when any minion dies? (I haven't played it yet).
Only when your minions die.

I put together a rag tag paladin deck on EU, I'm expecting to get creamed. Then I beat another paladin who clearly had a proper control paladin deck and creamed him, even though he had BGH for when I buffed above 7 attack, not even realizing the second banana gave +2/+2 and not 1/1... lol. Turn 8 tirion too.

Also, this week is much less exciting than last week.

Turns out having a lot of tokens results in self mill, lol. Now I want warsong+questing adventurer+mana addict the dream, but I dusted these cards last month :(

Pretty sure not a single poster here did that. Complaints were directed specifically at the trash tier first brawl.

well, there were such posters, but I mostly talked about other communities.

Dahbomb

Got pack with Zoolock against a Face Hunter first attempt at this Brawl.

Echoing Ooze, Defender of Argus and Dragon Egg were MVP.

Permanently A

I liked Brawl better with preset decks. It felt like a mode that people without big card collections could play and have fun with and at the same time earn gold towards their collections. This week's Brawl is just casual mode with a gimmick.

Hmm, yeah I kinda don't find this particularly enjoyable. At least not even close to the fun I had last week. Got my 1 win on both servers, so gonna go do something else and maybe give it another shot later.

I liked Brawl better with preset decks. It felt like a mode that people without big card collections could play and have fun with and at the same time earn gold towards their collections. This week's Brawl is just casual mode with a gimmick.

Even with a big collection, I loved the preset because it was in part outrageous and in part completely different. This week is just... bananas. Nothing to get really excited for imo. Just slightly different than the base game. I'd love to see deck building restrictions next week and something less obvious about what is and what is not going to work well.

Dahbomb

I don't know man I had way more fun in this format.

Got to see some big plays with some lesser used cards like Spellbender, Dragon's Egg, Echooing Ooze, Cho etc.

The real problem was that it didn't change enough and the change really favors huge tempo/aggro decks... which guess what is ALREADY prevalent as fuck on Ladder/Casual.

Edit: Noxious doing pretty well with a Mill Rogue though so I guess it's still usable.

Played two games...ran up against two ladder face decks.

Where's the creativity guys?

I won both.

Battlenet ID is five6four3#1543 on NA if anyone wants to brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom