• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Opened a gold cenarius and I don't play Druid :( now should i dust it and make another legendary or build a Druid deck.

I don't see the point in dusting useful legendaries. You'll hate yourself later.

I liked Brawl better with preset decks. It felt like a mode that people without big card collections could play and have fun with and at the same time earn gold towards their collections. This week's Brawl is just casual mode with a gimmick.

yep I prefer preset decks as well. Felt like hero challenges from adventure mode, which I like.

Heh, mill rogue? PFFT... I don't think it is good. The mode isn't going to make my deck run out faster. You aren't making me draw more cards, just sacrificing more cards but only if you can clear my minions. If you can't clear my minions or build your own board in this mode, you lose. And mill isn't great at that. Still considering mill rogue to be "trash tier that works when you're super lucky".

So far, having a little fun with shaman. More of a standard shaman midrange deck though. I didn't really build a creative deck at all. I just put argent squires in instead of zombie chows and that is what I used to run pre-gvg anyway.

Good old haunted creeper pulling its weight though. I'd imagine once people get over the whole aggressive mage route, they'll come to see the heavy deathrattle route is great too.

rickyson1

antonidas_brawl_pack.jpg

got golden Antonidas from brawl pack

not that i ever play anything but arena really anyways but kinda neat I guess

I got the spectator quest today and BananasWithGuns was nice enough to help me out with it, but I got a weird UI glitch. I got there during the Mulligan phase, but the game board stayed greyed out the whole time and I couldn't see any of the cards in his hand. Also, all of the cards that were drawn stuck to a spot on the screen and started overlapping each other. I grabbed some screenshots to show what it looks like.

hUvmyEUl.jpg

QIttbeJl.jpg

W5nwfdol.jpg

3n6B2iDl.jpg

Has anyone else had this happen? I was playing on an Android tablet, by the way.

Schryver

Played a ghetto mage deck for my first game and won easily. Pack was pure trash. Might actually challenge my friends a few times for this brawl.

JesseZao

People complaining about the Brawl are acting like it should make your monthly mortgage payment. It's a digital card game that now has an alternate way to play for funsies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
From my brawl pack I got Holy Wrath, Wisp, and 3 other shitty commons. D=

I got the spectator quest today and BananasWithGuns was nice enough to help me out with it, but I got a weird UI glitch. I got there during the Mulligan phase, but the game board stayed greyed out the whole time and I couldn't see any of the cards in his hand. Also, all of the cards that were drawn stuck to a spot on the screen and started overlapping each other. I grabbed some screenshots to show what it looks like.

Has anyone else had this happen? I was playing on an Android tablet, by the way.

Wow, never seen that before. I know some people had issues with the choose one Druid cards in spectator mode but that one is new to me.

I like how you're watching me play with the lights essentially turned off lol.

johnsmith

remember me
I hate tavern brawl. Of course the first game I play my opponent is a mage with every card needed to completely break the challenge. 2nd game my opponent leaves and I get a free win. And now I'm done until I get my free pack next week.

johnsmith

remember me
Another 12 win run, another batch of garbage rewards. Gold eviscerate yay.
And to rub salt, I got robbed out of a 12-0 run to a topdick frostbolt. Had to make due with 12-1

Chris R

Something changed, I only face people with insane decks now (tons of murlocks just now, Rag just before). I think I'm done with the game since I can't win and it took 5 losses to get my warrior to level 5. Liked it before when I was getting a win every other game

I had a lot of success in brawl with this deck

2x Arcane Missiles
2x Mirror Image
1x Clockwork Gnome
2x Mana Wyrm
2x Flamecannon
2x Frostbolt
1x Mad Scientist
2x Unstable Portal
2x Sorcerer's Apprentice
2x Stonesplinter Trogg
2x Mirror Entity (or counterspell)
2x Flamewaker
2x Fireball
2x Burly Rockjaw Trogg
2x Mechanical Yeti
1x Archmage Antonidas
1x Pyroblast

Something changed, I only face people with insane decks now (tons of murlocks just now, Rag just before). I think I'm done with the game since I can't win and it took 5 losses to get my warrior to level 5. Liked it before when I was getting a win every other game

If you are at level 5 you haven't even unlocked all the cards yet. You can level up against the computer

manhack

Interesting Gazlowe interaction i learned in this brawl that if emperor thaurissan reduces the cost of a 1-mana spell, then you do not get a mech from gazlowe.

gutshot

I don't get points to buy more boosters that way though. And until yesterday or Monday I was facing people with non-insane decks.

You actually can get gold from playing the AI when you first start out. There are hidden quests that award you 100 gold each for getting all heroes to level 10 and for beating all the AI heroes on expert. I would do that first before heading back into ranked or casual.

bjaelke

hUvmyEUl.jpg

QIttbeJl.jpg

W5nwfdol.jpg

3n6B2iDl.jpg

Yes. You need to rejoin the session.

daemissary

I've also had that spectator glitch. It seems like they screwed something up during the last update because I've also had a glitch where my arena run was stuck at 0-0 a couple of days ago that I had to retire to fix.

johnsmith

remember me
Arena isn't even about your skill, or the deck you draft. It's about how many mages with flamestrike you get matched up with. So sick of this shit.

Cipherr

I don't get points to buy more boosters that way though. And until yesterday or Monday I was facing people with non-insane decks.

The matchmaking system is trash and always has been. Its fine to get the classes to 10 so you get the other cards, but dont let anyone fool you. Once you get a few wins the matchmaking is perma broken until you spend money to get those cards.

If you started playing long ago it was still noticeable. It must be INSANE to start new these days.

Dahbomb

I like how this Tavern Brawl was MADE for cards like Troggzor, Illidan and Gazlowe yet still those cards don't get enough play in this mode.

I mean Dr Balanced still is getting more play than those cards.

I ran into a Dark Whispers Token Druid and got obliterated.

Dahbomb

Kripparrian's comment about this Brawl is spot on:

"The problem with this Brawl is that it encourages people to play aggressive sticky annoying deathrattle charge minions and cheesy spell combo type cards.

Only that's what you play against in Constructed anyway".

Acinixys

Only having one brawl deck is so incredibly dumb.

The problem is that Blizzard tries to keep the PC, Mobile and Tablet versions 100% the same

Which is fucking retarded

The game client looks exactly the same on both my PC and iPad, that thats just lazy design

They really need to give PC a custom client with 50 deck slots and a nicer interface

Especially single HS is now a million dollar or more a day money making machine

dac15_upset.gif

zoukka

This mode is pretty fun when people try to play new decks. The eternal problem of HS is that netdecking is the king and modes like this have probably 1% original decks, 49% netdecks and the rest just regular ladder shit.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
lol I killed someone with a rotten banana. After he buffed the shit out of a recruit to an 11/9 divine shield taunt. Fortunately he was at 1.

I like how this Tavern Brawl was MADE for cards like Troggzor, Illidan and Gazlowe yet still those cards don't get enough play in this mode.

It actually makes perfect sense. No one plays those cards,and they are unlikely to ever get nerfed, so there is no reason for anyone to keep them in his collection.

Rosenskjold

New brawl seems fun, but a bit disappointing that there are no new cards when you draft a deck, and you can only pick cards you already have :/

edit: Guess the brawl mode isn't so bad after all :p

KD5Neysl.jpg

IQrCXFUl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom