• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
The eternal problem of HS collectible card games is that netdecking is the king and modes like this have probably 1% original decks, 49% netdecks and the rest just regular ladder shit.

That's why I play goofy decks against friends so we can both fuck around. I occasionally run into weird shit though

zoukka

I've had amazing success with Warlock in brawl. Imp Gang-Boss is seriously op and Implosion as well. Fuck Mages.

That's why I play goofy decks against friends so we can both fuck around. I occasionally run into weird shit though

It's a bigger problem in HS than in let's say MTG since the skill ceiling is so much lower in HS that netdecks can get anyone to high ranks.

Rosenskjold

Oh man, legend rank here I come :p :

pVCwSKpm.png

A0lSghgm.png

WEmOFxYm.png

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Holy fuck, just destroyed a mill rogue with their own second overdraw, with six antique healbots ganged up.

Didn't get to burn a single one of my cards. Fuck your sap. Fuck your vanish. Fuck your coldlight bounce.

Outplayed, SON (or DAUGHTER)

: D

PS as a warlock, melganis not in play

Lord Phol

I haven't played the game in like a year or more but I noticed that I all ready got 79 wins and the HoTs mount is pretty sweet. Problem is I can't win a single game with my awful decks compared to everyone with their new cards and millions of legendaries x.x.

johnsmith

remember me
I haven't played the game in like a year or more but I noticed that I all ready got 79 wins and the HoTs mount is pretty sweet. Problem is I can't win a single game with my awful decks compared to everyone with their new cards and millions of legendaries x.x.
Sounds like you need to drop some cash. All according to Blizzard's plan.

Gothos

Not feeling this Brawl.

I like the concept but the execution is terrible. No incentive to play. Won my pack on the second game in the 1st brawl, won the pack on my 1st game in the this week's Brawl and I don't intend to touch it again. Just terrible design...

There should be pack every 25 wins or something or at least some small booster pack (lets say 3 cards) every X number of wins. ANYTHING that would encourgae me to play it some more.

It's a bigger problem in HS than in let's say MTG since the skill ceiling is so much lower in HS that netdecks can get anyone to high ranks.

Skill ceiling is really not much higher in most MTG constructed formats. Mana flood/mana screw RNG decides more games than Hearthstone RNG does. Mono red takes about as much thought as playing Face Hunter, even less so if playing Burn.

And speaking as someone who played mainly Legacy, there are way more matchups in that format that are almost entirely non-interactive, e.g. Dredge vs. stuff, and combat math is not really a thing in that format.

Lord Phol

Sounds like you need to drop some cash. All according to Blizzard's plan.

Yeah it feels kind of hopeless :7.

Edit: Lol wat? I played two cards and the guy just conceded. Guess I can maybe do this by tricking people into believing that I got a nasty deck >>.

bjaelke

Incentives should not come in the form of rewards. It is meant to be a casual mode (to my understanding) - packs/golds as rewards will just make it more competitive and promote "netdecks". The fun element has to come from the brawl rules. I will give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt and say that they are still testing out this game mode.

ViviOggi

There will always be netdecks, shitty rewards don't discourage them but rather make people put in even less effort. Reward structure is a general issue with HS, but for this mode specifically if they threw in something meaningful (but not too massive so you don't feel bad about missing a brawl) it'd promote experimentation. Even if only the same old segment of deckbuilders keeps innovating with the masses copying them afterwards you'd get a cool new mini-meta every week.

Lord Phol

Huh, seems like Jaina can still kick a few asses. My spell power deck with the right amount of rng can come out victorious.

Edit: From 78 to 84 I can taste the 100!

I'm so sick of fighting these stupid mage mech decks. Can anyone reccomend some cards I could build around to counter this shit?

Also, do you get anything additional winning more brawl matches each week?

zoukka

I'm so sick of fighting these stupid mage mech decks. Can anyone reccomend some cards I could build around to counter this shit?

Also, do you get anything additional winning more brawl matches each week?

There are no hard counters to mech mage. Defensive cards tend to work against aggro, belchers, other taunts, aoe spells, lifegain maybe kezan mystics.

ZZMitch

Lol I just had one of the most insane wins against a game named "Hearthstone" who was playing Inner Fire Priest on NA ladder. He missed leathal at one point and I ended up winning by pinging and running into his Acolyte of Pain multiple times (which kept respawning from his KelThuzad), eventually fatiguing him to death.

Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2006-25-15%2012.38.56_zpsvusf280i.png

Loomba

Just opened 40 packs and got 6 legendaries, what should I keep and dust:

Al'Akir The Windlord
Cairne Bloodhoof
The Beast
Sylvannas (keeping)
Nozdurmu
Alexstrasza

Thinking of dusting The Beast and Nozdurmu and keeping the rest is that wise?

gutshot

Al'Akir The Windlord
Cairne Bloodhoof
The Beast
Sylvannas (keeping)
Nozdurmu
Alexstrasza

Yeah. You could make a case for dusting Cairne as well, at this point. But I'd only do that if you are really desperate for some dust to craft one of the top-tier legendaries like Dr. Boom.

Schryver

Al'Akir The Windlord
Cairne Bloodhoof
The Beast
Sylvannas (keeping)
Nozdurmu
Alexstrasza

Those are definitely the two worst there. Personally I am planning to keep any I get just to maybe one day be able to say that I have them all o_O

Al'Akir The Windlord
Cairne Bloodhoof
The Beast
Sylvannas (keeping)
Nozdurmu
Alexstrasza

Keep Sylv and Alex.
Dust The Beast and Noz.

Cairne was just recently talked about at length on this thread, I say keep even though he's fairly blah in this meta. Al'Akir is rad if you ever plan on playing any Shaman.

Red Comet

Oh, neat. I just got 300 gold for winning 1000 games. That means I must have played some 10,000 games, which is impressive considering I took like a year hiatus from this game.

JesseZao

Oh, neat. I just got 300 gold for winning 1000 games. That means I must have played some 10,000 games, which is impressive considering I took like a year hiatus from this game.

I don't know if it's possible to have that poor a winrate. You probably won close to 50% of your games, so 2000 games total played or so.

deathrattles occur in the order the cards are played

so my guess was sylvanas was already on the board and belcher was then played

her deathrattle triggers first before belcher's

Deathrattles are resolved in the order the cards have been played in, so if the Belcher was dropped after Sylvanas the slime spawns after the stealing effect has occured

Also if that was the complete board state a slime really isn't worth a Shadowflame and your Sylvanas dying

That's bullshit.

And no it wasn't just Sylvanis and the Belcher on the board.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
wow i went from high rank 5 to rank 4 undefeated as mid range paladin, now i'm 2 stars away from rank 3. If i keep this up i may reach legend soon....
or i start tilting like crazy and loose 3 ranks just like before XD
The best part is that i just made my own deck...kinda.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
At what point should I stop buying regular packs and start buying goblin packs? I've got shit for legendaries, but I've been disenchanting a lot of regular cards lately due to duplicates.

I thought that was just for new players?

Like I said I did Tavern Brawl, and my free pack turned into 40 dust.

Do I just keep banking dust in hopes for regular legendaries?

If your average Classic Pack is 40 dust and you're missing lots of the GVG cards, you should probably just start buying GVG packs until you get all of the commons and most of the rares.

Pooya

Most of the essential cards right now are GvG. With how you can get classic packs with quests and brawl now I wouldn't do 2:1.

With that said classic set has more and better legendary cards while in GvG only really Dr Boom is essential.

Opiate

Troggzor

or

Gazlow

or

Captain Greenskin

To craft next? Please operate under the assumption that I already have Boom/Sylvanas/Ysera/etc., and that these are reasonably the best legendaries I don't currently own.

VoxPop

Lol going against a Fel Reaver in Arena. Wipe his deck to fatigue. Have 3 flamestrikes in my deck with 9 cards left to go and flamestrike being the only thing that could save me from lethal. Nope.

Schryver

Most of the essential cards right now are GvG. With how you can get classic packs with quests and brawl now I wouldn't do 2:1.

With that said classic set has more and better legendary cards while in GvG only really Dr Boom is essential.

Yeah pretty much. From GvG I really want Vol'jin and also wouldn't mind Iron Juggernaut lol

Troggzor

or

Gazlow

or

Captain Greenskin

To craft next? Please operate under the assumption that I already have Boom/Sylvanas/Ysera/etc., and that these are reasonably the best legendaries I don't currently own.

Gazlowe. Troggzor is a worse Boom and Greenskin is honestly pretty bad, especially in this meta where lots of people are running Harrison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom