• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was playing Demonlock against a Druid earlier when the other guy took board control with his two Piloted Shredders. He killed my Mistress of Pain with the first one and dropped the second one that turn. This left him with a 4/2 Shredder and a 4/3 Shredder and me with the other Mistress of Pain. I hit his 4/2 with Bane of Doom and pulled Malganis, he got an Explosive Sheep. Sweet, this one's in the bag now. So then I hit his other Shredder with the now buffed up Mistress, and out pops a fucking Doomsayer. You've got to be fucking kidding me. God damn thing cost me the game.

The next game I play, I'm crushing a Mage. He just Flamestruck my board, but I knew it was coming, so I held on to a few cards and was ready for it. My Doomguard survived so I hit his face and played a few minions and tapped for another card. He was down to 8 health and then drops Dr. Balance. I'm pretty sure I've got it won at this point since he just used pretty much all of his mana on a card that isn't going to stop me from smashing his face, but then he drops a free Sea Giant that he pulled from Unstable Portal and the taunt spare part. I draw Imposion, which of course hits for only two, meaning I have to sacrifice almost my whole board to kill that fucking giant, and Boom is left free to beat me to death over the next two turns.

CJSVHRBUsAAsjqq.png:large

This is in Arena, lol

Dahbomb

Oh nevermind, I didn't click on it the pics!

Yeah the 3/3/3 Paladin card is pretty good.

But I am leaning towards them being fake. They have all the classic symptoms (blurry pic, off angle).

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Main body becomes 7/5. Boom bots do flat 2 damage as deathrattle.

That's still my favorite approach. Haven't heard anything better than that.

I'd go for this.

Pretty much any card that can be played on its own and control the game at that moment annoys the everliving fuck out of me.

Oh I nicely controlled your side, I have some minions, you have nothing, time to go in... oh no there's Dr.Boom, excellent fun.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sometimes the games take too long to be fun...

Especially in the mirror.

Like, Freeze Mage vs Control Warrior is just suffering.

Copenap

While this is true in the Mirror one cannot really complain as you're playing Warrior yourself and Freeze Mage (while a fun and nice deck) is one of the most annoying decks to play against so they shouldn't be complaining.

Haunted

I like playing as and against control warrior myself, I just can't help myself from posting Hearthstone-related comics/content when I see them on my daily rounds.

rickyson1

pretty excited to see what happens with brawl over the next couple months

pretty much an ideal format to gradually tease out a few new cards from an expansion ingame

Haunted

Still learning new things. If your opponent has a mirror entity up and a full board, it doesn't actually trigger.

Led me down a ruinous path when I thought that it must be another secret instead.

Dahbomb

Why aren't you conceding straight away as mage?
It's still a 9-1 match up which means that there's a 10% chance that you could actually win.

Someone did win a tournament match in this match up as Freeze Mage. Basically Freeze Mage can win if Antonidas some how manages to go uncontested for a turn while your other spells are reduced by Thaurissan.

zoukka

It's still a 9-1 match up which means that there's a 10% chance that you could actually win.

Someone did win a tournament match in this match up as Freeze Mage. Basically Freeze Mage can win if Antonidas some how manages to go uncontested for a turn while your other spells are reduced by Thaurissan.

I would never play it considering how long the match lasts. Basically you rely on the warrior to fuck up everything.

I've once again reached the happy 1600 dust checkpoint, and I'm wondering what legendary to craft next.

I have:
Dr.boom
Sylvanas
Ragnaros
ysera
malygos
alexstrasaza
grommash
neptulon
elkir the windlord
velen
malganis
hogger
harrison jones

edit:cenarius too

what would be the best way to use my dust?
I'm not very happy about spending dust on epics,but what are the must have epics? I already ahve 2 BGHs.

Dahbomb

Honestly at this point I would just start saving up dust/gold for the next expansion.

If you really want to use that dust then Black Knight would be a good pick. Class Legendary wise Antonidas, Cenarius and Jaraxxus are good picks.

ViviOggi

Honestly at this point I would just start saving up dust/gold for the next expansion.

If you really want to use that dust then Black Knight would be a good pick. Class Legendary wise Antonidas, Cenarius and Jaraxxus are good picks.
I agree except for TBK, while always somewhat playable if you already have him he's definitely not worth crafting in the current tempo- and combo-based meta. Cenarius and Jaraxxus are too slow right now as well but they'll become good again at some point. Antonidas has the edge for now with three decent to strong decks including him as a win condition. As for epics it all depends on what you want to play, e.g. 2x Prep and 2x Shield Slam are must haves for Rogue and Control Warrior.

Dahbomb

That's just advice for a very specific current meta. Things can change and will change.

Jaraxxus still gets a lot of play though because Handlock is still fairly prevalent.

ViviOggi

That's just advice for a very specific current meta. Things can change and will change.

Jaraxxus still gets a lot of play though because Handlock is still fairly prevalent.
Well there's no point crafting cards right now that aren't at least decent in the meta, saving the dust until something better comes up instead, either through new cards or meta changes, is more beneficial in every possible way.

Handlock is prevalent but few run Jaraxxus. He's never been a 100% include but shifts in and out depending on how control-heavy the meta is. Right now he's way too slow in classic Handlock, only the Demon variant is sometimes running him and that's just to get the body to taunt up and the odd Priest.

ViviOggi

Turn 4 Implosion 4-roll, Mal'Ganis from Voidcaller, turn 5 Implosion 4-roll

The possible rng swings in aggro are so fucking braindead right now it's not even funny

Also well Blizz done giving all this shit to Warlock with each expansion, "oh man Demonlock would be so cool" - to literally no one's surprise all that happens is Zoo takes the broken cards while leaving all your silly situational demons to rot in arena

Haunted

Turn 4 Implosion 4-roll, Mal'Ganis from Voidcaller, turn 5 Implosion 4-roll

The possible rng swings in aggro are so fucking braindead right now it's not even funny

Also well Blizz done giving all this shit to Warlock with each expansion, "oh man Demonlock would be so cool" - to literally no one's surprise all that happens is Zoo takes the broken cards while leaving all your silly situational demons to rot in arena
salty.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom