• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
- and every second game was that new attempt at Divine Spirit/Inner Fire Priest with Mogushan Wardens. Just give it up guys, srs.

What's wrong with this? I just started playing about a week ago and as soon as I got Inner Fire, comboing Divine Spirit with Inner Fire seemed like the most obvious thing in the world and I immediately started winning way more games.

The Priest matches I play are all the extreme anti aggro decks. Deathlords, double zombie chows, etc etc. Shuts down Aggro hard, probably has an extremely high win rate against Aggro. Only way I could see Aggro winning is two owls at the start.

Woo, won 12 games in Arena tonight, decided to pick up some packs in celebration. Got Van Cleef, Foe Reaper, and like 5 gold cards and epics lol. All in 11 packs!

ViviOggi

Geddon was great when Patrons didn't exist

You also want at least one non-DB whirlwind effect for Paladorks and Face Huntards, Revenge isn't too bad from what I hear

Ever see a card you just completely forgot existed?

Browsing through my Warrior cards and I see Crush. I have never seen anyone use Crush in constructed. Nobody plays Warrior in Arena so I've never seen it up for draft or used.

It's like, why? Execute exists, costs 1 mana and isn't an Epic. Not even Patron decks use it.

bjaelke

Ever see a card you just completely forgot existed?

Browsing through my Warrior cards and I see Crush. I have never seen anyone use Crush in constructed. Nobody plays Warrior in Arena so I've never seen it up for draft or used.

It's like, why? Execute exists, costs 1 mana and isn't an Epic. Not even Patron decks use it.

Decent arena card. It's comparable to Assassinate. Great against something like Sunwalker.

Dahbomb

Warrior has so many removals it's way past the redundancy at this point.

Like they can already have double Execute and double Shield Slam in their decks.

Then they can have double Crush and double Bouncing Blades.

They can have like 7 different weapons for various range of removals.

For AOE they can have Brawl, Cleave, Whirlwind and Revenge (though these aren't all very good AOE clears).

It's like how are you going to get better than a 1 mana minion removal? Maybe if they add in a removal that silences and then kill like Poly/Hex but that goes against the theme of the class.

Yeah, I dunno how you can get better then Shield Slam and Execute.

I've thought of a Warrior silence, Shattering Throw. 3 mana - Destroy your weapon and deal it's attack to an enemy minion, and silence it. Although that would probably be too strong. Fiery War Axe + Shattering throw = dead shredder, for example.

Raxus

Warrior has so many removals it's way past the redundancy at this point.
Warrior has some pretty good spells. What they need (and haven't gotten since Shield Maiden) is minions. Warriors are pretty slim on good 1 and 2 mana minions. Heck even a good 3 mana minion ala priest would be appreciated. 3/4 when this minion dies add 3 armor. Something like that.

Xanathus

The problem with warrior removals is that they are single target so all the deathrattle and sticky minions that Blizzard has added over the past expansions including stuff like Imp Gang Boss has made them weaker.

zoukka

The problem with warrior removals is that they are single target so all the deathrattle and sticky minions that Blizzard has added over the past expansions including stuff like Imp Gang Boss has made them weaker.

Same reason why Geddon usually is just a suicide card for warriors these days.

Haunted

The thing that annoys me about Imp-losion is that it can do more damage than the target has health and the user still gets imps for that. So if someone targets say a 3/2 with it, they can still get 3 or 4 imps out of it. I don't think that's right. But maybe that's just me.
I've argued several times that they should inverse the two elements of the diceroll to mitigate RNG and bring the card more in line power-wise. i.e. 4 damage = 2 imps and 2 damage = 4 imps.

The thing that annoys me about Imp-losion is that it can do more damage than the target has health and the user still gets imps for that. So if someone targets say a 3/2 with it, they can still get 3 or 4 imps out of it. I don't think that's right. But maybe that's just me.

I agree.
I don't even know why it bothers me so much,but it does.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The Priest matches I play are all the extreme anti aggro decks. Deathlords, double zombie chows, etc etc. Shuts down Aggro hard, probably has an extremely high win rate against Aggro. Only way I could see Aggro winning is two owls at the start.

I actually went against this as a zoo. He did coin deathlord turn 2, deathlord turn 3, resurrect right after. I ended up winning but I had a good hand(no silence, but good buffs to make trades), but man was it annoying as hell.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What's wrong with this? I just started playing about a week ago and as soon as I got Inner Fire, comboing Divine Spirit with Inner Fire seemed like the most obvious thing in the world and I immediately started winning way more games.

It's a common newbie trap.

1.) You need to have both Divine Spirit, Inner Fire, and a suitable minion to pull off the combo, which is not always easy and makes the combo inconsistent.
2.) It's easily countered by silences, hard removals, or BGH. Your 10/10 Lightwell might seem impressive, but you sunk 3 cards into that thing and your opponent can counter it with a single card. That gives them a massive card advantage.

Asbel

Don't know deck names
haven't net decked
but I faced about half a dozen of the same rush Warlock decks last night at around rank 20. WTH? Also three of the same combo heavy Rogue decks.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Christ, I normally just buy packs with my gold but I decided it had been a while so I entered the arena...

0-2 later I'm remembering why I just buy packs, christ I should ahve read some guides before coming back in here.

EDIT: ergh, 0-3, fuck this mode.

New Brawl: The Great Summoner Competition

"When you cast a spell, you also summon a random minion with the same cost."

Have you prayed to RNGesus today?

NT0xCwn.png

Looks like another Mage Brawl. Rogue could be pretty good with Prep + Sprint assuming that it summons a minion based on the base cost of Sprint and not the discounted cost.

Edit: Oh shit. Warrior might have a use for Crush if it summons a 7 mana minion for 3 mana.

Pooya

the new brawl is DUMB

1436369100-2.jpg

tempo mage works so well here in case you were wondering.

1436369156-1.jpg

pack, dust dust dust dust Gruul dust.

I've pulled every awful leg except Noz, that gotta be next.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Miracle Rogue spawns a million target dummies and wisps.

Token Druid would also be pretty ridiculous. More tokens for Soul of the Forest and Power of the Wild.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I like the sound of this, threw a mage deck together, looking forward to this.

EDIT: Opponent's Unstable Portal in round 2 summoned a Cho, this is gonna be great fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom