• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Shaman is the worst class in the Brawl confirmed. The overload mechanic is so crippling when you are playing with so many spells.

They also don't have any late game spells for huge swing.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Flamestrike is so hilarious here. I've gotten Antonidas off of it twice, then did coin mirror images which still pite more crap on the board and gives fireballs. And now those fireballs are also minions.

gutshot

Just unpacked Grommash and have enough dust to craft two more legendaries. So I'm thinking I might try control warrior.

Sylvanas is an obvious craft, but what other legendary should I craft for control warrior? Alex? Ysera? Maybe even Geddon? I already have Boom, Rag, and Harrison that I can slot in there. And, of course, I have all the epics like Shield Slams and Brawls.

Dahbomb

This format has really highlighted the fact that Shaman has fuck all for spell draws and a bunch of cards that are only good with a decent board.

Also fuck Overload.

Dahbomb

I did beat a few opponents with Shaman but basically I got Feral Spirit out against a Paladin, he didn't have Consecrate and I finished with Bloodlust by like turn 6/7ish.

Had Millhouse Manastorm come out randomly but it got sapped. I first thought that replaying him would be stupid, but then I realized it would just summon a bunch of 0 mana creatures because all the spells would have no cost, which made following up with Holy Nova pretty good.

Had Millhouse Manastorm come out randomly but it got sapped. I first thought that replaying him would be stupid, but then I realized it would just summon a bunch of 0 mana creatures because all the spells would have no cost, which made following up with Holy Nova pretty good.

Holy shit Thrillhouse might be better then Loatheb in this lmao

ViviOggi

Just unpacked Grommash and have enough dust to craft two more legendaries. So I'm thinking I might try control warrior.

Sylvanas is an obvious craft, but what other legendary should I craft for control warrior? Alex? Ysera? Maybe even Geddon? I already have Boom, Rag, and Harrison that I can slot in there. And, of course, I have all the epics like Shield Slams and Brawls.
Alex for sure, Ysera is okay but no Geddon because Patrons.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mage is good but it's not very funny.

Priest is funny. So is Druid. Rocketeer being summonable by Force Of Nature is hilarious.

TheGrue

Anyone out there playing Brawl without using a mage? I made a warlock and all I run into are mages, which makes sense in that they have a lot of cool spell stuff, but I was just hoping people would experiment.

Dahbomb

Anyone out there playing Brawl without using a mage? I made a warlock and all I run into are mages, which makes sense in that they have a lot of cool spell stuff, but I was just hoping people would experiment.
I have experimented with all the classes so far.

Mage is the best but it's not by a mile like it was in Banana Brawl. Druid and Priest are close behind it although they lack the early game of Mage (plus the Antonidas and insane board clears).

After that Paladin, Rogue and Hunter are very strong.

Warlock and Warrior are next which are mediocre because you are forced to use their crappy spells to do any work. Still playable.

Shaman is the worst because he has anti synergy with this format (you don't get bonus from using Overload, it's a pure handicap). But even he can steal some wins with some Bloodlust/Windfury bull shit.

It's a very fun format and you can get away with many shenanigans.

Priest is great. Made a 30 spell deck, covers about everything. Once you get up to double mind controls you have a 50/50 shot at a Deathwing.

Aggro priest is fun. Mind Blast x2, tons of cheap spells, Shadow Madness is amaze-balls, and you have some reach and 6 drops with Holy Fire x2. Mass Dispel crushes taunts and cycles. I play a miser copy of Mindgames for the lolz, since people tend to run a couple of gigantic awesome minions like Troggzor.

Yeah I mostly face Mages as well but I like playing as Priest and Druid more. Also made a Warlock deck that was pretty fun but I don't think it's that reliable. Warlock's spells all seem really low impact for a mode like this.

Dahbomb

Yeah I mostly face Mages as well but I like playing as Priest and Druid more. Also made a Warlock deck that was pretty fun but I don't think it's that reliable. Warlock's spells all seem really low impact for a mode like this.
They also have anti synergy with the Brawl.

Hard to use Demonwrath and Hellfire in this mode as it decreases your tempo. Like you use Hellfire and then the minion that Hellfire spawns also gets killed. It's also why Twisting Nether is unusable.

The best cards they have are Siphon Soul, Shadowflame, Implosion and Bane of Doom. All the other are kinda meh compared to what the other classes have.

Tacitus_

Goddamn 60 damage from hand at the team league

42y3m9q.jpg

Goddamn 60 damage from hand at the team league

42y3m9q.jpg

I think it was a misplay to put the three minions on board, although I'm not sure it would have made a difference. He could have mitigated 12 dmg from the whirlwinds on his minions, plus another 6 from minion trades, which would mean there was only 42 damage. But I don't think he had a response after his turn was over.

Like, you know he has the combo in hand, putting things on board only serves to advantage the opponent via frothing.

Dahbomb

Warrior is pretty decent if you spec for aggro, a few weapons, Warsong Commander and a bunch of draw. Then you can afford to run stuff like Rampage and even the Charge card. Crush is also essential as is double Brawl.

Tavern Brawl tier list:

Top Tier:

Mage
Druid
Priest

High Tier:

Rogue
Paladin
Hunter

Mid tier:

Warrior
Warlock

Low ass tier:

Shaman

Tacitus_

I think it was a misplay to put the three minions on board, although I'm not sure it would have made a difference. He could have mitigated 12 dmg from the whirlwinds on his minions, plus another 6 from minion trades, which would mean there was only 42 damage. But I don't think he had a response after his turn was over.

Like, you know he has the combo in hand, putting things on board only serves to advantage the opponent via frothing.

Yeah he played into it but still absolutely disgusting to have 2 frothings with 25 dmg and charge.

Dahbomb

I'd love to see anyone get even 1 win with Shaman in this Brawl.
I got 3 but I got lucky openers and my opponent unlucky with the draws.

It's not unwinnable for sure, there are so many RNG factors in play. You play a 3 mana Lightning Storm, it rolls all 3 damage and you get a 4/7 Injured Blademaster from it... you already got a huge head start. Next turn you play Feral Spirits which spawns Arcane Golem and suddenly you have set up lethal with Bloodlust.

You can also get an early Malygos out with Ancester's Call and then unload your spells. It's very common that the opponent won't have any minion in their hand.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah he played into it but still absolutely disgusting to have 2 frothings with 25 dmg and charge.

Seems balanced to me, you just have to play around a 50 damage burst OTK combo at all times, clearly a misplay from him. Also Garaa got fucking destroyed today, at least Trump won a game.

LOLOLOLLOL!

Priest just used SW:p on my Doomsayer and it spawned him a Doomsayer. It was also the third Doomsayer spawned in the game. This brawl is best for sure.

EDIT: Amazing. In this same game he used Resurrect and it brought back his Doomsayer.

EDIT2: WTF? Now I just used SW:p on a dude and it spawns Doomsayer. That's FIVE spawned from 2 mana spells in one game, holy shit.

Tacitus_

Seems balanced to me, you just have to play around a 50 damage burst OTK combo at all times, clearly a misplay from him. Also Garaa got fucking destroyed today, at least Trump won a game.

It's not as unbalanced as you make it seem. He needed two frothings, warsong commander, patron, two whirlwind effects and inner rage to make it happen, all discounted by Emperor.

That's a 7 card combo discounted by emperor. The only reason it got to that point was because priest can't pressure for shit and he could just sit there drawing to it.

Haunted

I came in here wanting to ask about what everyone thinks about the new Tavern Brawl, but after the four matches I had (all against Priest) and putting on Kibler's stream, where he was engaged in two Priest vs Priest mirror matchups in a row, I guess that question answered itself. :D

Wowww, guy had ETC on the board, used a Time Rewinder on it. I ended up getting the spawn murlocs card and the minion I got from playing the spell was Siltfin Spiritwalker lol.

Ultrabum

Druid so good in brawl. Innervate wild growth and the buff cards are crazy. Not to mention force and savage roar with half full boards. Swipe crazy good along with wrath.

My deck is all spells and 2 lores, 5-0

Dre

Casting a Flamestrike which summons you a Prophet Velen and does 8 damage to every minion is a sick combo. Opponent had no answer after that.

Good lord. Playing against a Mage as Druid. Somehow I managed to survive two Gahz'rillas. Thank you Tree of Life. Probably the most stressful game I've had in a while.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Had coin wild growth, wild growth opening into soul of the forest and FoN/SR with innervate.

that's one way to win by turn 5 or 6, lol.

Mirimar

Lol...I just had the most insane Tavern match ever..using a Token druid build with violet teachers and power of the wild.

Turn 6 (had 8 usable mana due to 2 wild growth) lethal with weenie minions on board. Ended up with a Shadow Word Pain previous turn due to Cho being summoned..ended up helping me win lol. Priest is at 24 health. I was just flooding spells because I was losing in the value game. Have 2 savage roar along with the pain. First savage roar summons Warsong Commander. 2nd one summons some minion...couldn't use it..but I cast shadow word pain just for the hell of it and it summons a Sorcerer's Apprentice with charge...gives me exact lethal, haha.

Agh, I'm starting to run 2 BGH into my deck..screw these turn 10 MC if it gets there. Main goal is to beat Priest before it even gets to turn 10.

Mirimar

I agree that new players probably aren't having much fun with this. Their best best is to get in on the brawl now while people are still goofing around. They're not going to be playing this the rest of the week. The only viable class for them in this is Mage, with all the strong starting spells. Everyone else, many of the strong cards are rare or beyond.

Magnus

lmfao

SIngle moment of the night for me so far:

Cast Lightbomb to clear the board

Summons Shieldmaiden: "I CAN TAKE THE HIT!"

Wipes out Shieldmaiden

I laughed so hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom