• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

LMFAO

Priest and I back and forth MC'd for two turns in a row, creating 4 Deathwings. So fucking hilarious.

Later in the game, my Mind Blast created a fucking Doomsayer.

JFC. MOst fun I've had in this game in ages.

I'm so sad these Brawls are finite and won't be playable again in the future. I'm going to play the shit out of this one this week.

Copenap

LMFAO

Priest and I back and forth MC'd for two turns in a row, creating 4 Deathwings. So fucking hilarious.

I'm so sad these Brawls are finite and won't be playable again in the future. I'm going to play the shit out of this one this week.
I didn't have a single game that made it even close to turn 10????

gutshot

LMFAO

The devs confirmed that the Brawls will be recycled at some point.

Triz

Druid is the best Id say for the brawl. A whole deck of spells with plenty of high and low cost plus innerverate to bust out large spells quickly. Completely wrecked a shaman on my first try 30-0. Soul of the forest works wonders for sticky minions and the ability to buff them up with taunts.

Fixed1979

3-0 with Warlock so far (mage, druid, rogue). Just grabbed Mal and Jar and then filled the rest up with lock spells. I grabbed lock partially because of twisting nether, but it summons and then clears all minions, still had it in my deck for the 3 wins though.

Oh god, Priest is amazing.

Used Mind Control on an Earth Elemental and got a Sea Giant.

Then I used Holy Nova and got another Earth Elemental. This is insane.

Edit: Yup, Priest.

hearthstonescreenshotqfboj.png

Fixed1979

Do all classes have 28 spells (14 each x2), or just priest?

I think there's like 32 in lock.

EDIT: 38

Any Spell that creates a minion on it's own while doing dmg or destroying an enemy minion is gold here. Probably why Priest is doing so well. Imp-losion and Bane of Doom doing some serious work.

Magnus

i'm having fun using a lot of basically ununused cards like dark whispers + soul of the forest

good stuff

Yeah, Brawls have hilariously enough made me want to acquire all cards, including plenty that aren't considered worthwhile in Ranked/regular play. Troggzor for example, in this week's brawl.

What a great new mode - it's truly keeping Hearthstone alive and at the top of my play list of games every single week.

Dahbomb

I would rank it right now as Mage, Druid and Priest being top 3.

Druid is actually pretty insane because they can draw cards and ramp up while putting cards on the board. They would be the best if it weren't for stuff like Pyroblast/Antonidas/board clears on the side of Mage.

Priest is strong too with Mind Control and their numerous spells. Shadowform does work as well.

Hunter isn't too bad in this either.

Dahbomb

This was the first time I have ever seen Cobra Shot played
Hunter is hella underrated in this format.

Like when you start using all the Hunter spells you realize they actually have good spells. Explosive Shot, Deadly shot and Multishot are all good spells to have in this format and even Cobra Shot does work. Animal Companion is top tier in this format because you get 2 3 drops essentially.

I have also been using Tracking and Flare in my Hunter deck. Flare helps against Mage secrets even though they are usually Counterspell (and Counterspell beats Flare unfortunately...).

Dahbomb

lol why are people playing minions in their brawl decks.
I think the highlight of my day today was someone used Mind Games against me and it spawned a 0/1 token minion out of the ether LOL!

Though usually people have only spells and a big Legendary so it's not all that bad to have.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Damn Trump is getting rekt right now in ATLC, he got punished by bringing mid range paladin. Kibler and Dog already won their games so Trump has to win 2 games with both paladin and grim warrior, i would feel ki nda bad if i was in Trump shoes.

Dahbomb

I haven't lost a single game online using Hunter.

No one is running heals and taunts are unreliable. I gain board control with my cheaper spells, Animal Companions and sometimes two for one removals like Multishot then just finish the game before turn 10.

Like I am basically playing a control game as Hunter but because when I am using spells I get minions that translates to damage to face.

Cat Party

Damn Trump is getting rekt right now in ATLC, he got punished by bringing mid range paladin. Kibler and Dog already won their games so Trump has to win 2 games with both paladin and grim warrior, i would feel ki nda bad if i was in Trump shoes.
He didn't stand a chance. Mid range Paladin is useless against the decks he had to play.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Holy shit. I got a ship's cannon from my first spell and a one eyed cheat from the second, which triggered his ability and killed the trogg along with the flamecannon.

This brawl is hilarious.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Holy shit. I got a ship's cannon from my first spell and a one eyed cheat from the second, which triggered his ability and killed the trogg along with the flamecannon.

This brawl is hilarious.

I've never actually seen ship's cannon fire.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
He didn't stand a chance. Mid range Paladin is useless against the decks he had to play.

The funny thing i think he did have a chance in his last game vs rogue, he went for a greedy harrison play vs a full board clear, he left the piloted shredder alive. Now to be fair i think the rogue may had lethal anyway with his last draw but i'm gonna have to check the vod for that.

Dahbomb

Tried out other classes.

Paladin and Rogue are insane in this format too.

Rogue you are basically just playing Oil Rogue only you always have some board presence for the Tinker's Oil to hit something. You can tech in cards like Headcrack for insane damage. Gang Up does work too because you can get a 2 mana body on the board plus duplicate key cards in case the game goes long. Sprint is insane when used as a 7 drop and fine when used as a 4 drop too. Stuff like Assassinate and Sabotage are solid picks too.

Paladin has a surpringly large amount of godly spells for this format. Blessing of Kings, Blessing of Champion. Seal of Light, Lay on Hands, Avenging Wrath, Hammer of Wrath, Solem Vigil, Equality, Consecrate, Muster for Battle etc. You can always depend on having a minion on board to use your buff spells on. Very strong class.

Right now it's looking like Shaman and Warrior might be the two worst class but I haven't tested them enough yet. Shaman's overload is a huge handicap in this format, Lava Shock is a requirement. You basically are forced to play Malygos Shaman. Warrior is usable as long as you use some uncommonly used cards like Crush and Revenge. They just don't have a super late game spell card like the other classes do.

I still think Druid and Mage are the best two classes though. Druid's main weakness as a class is overridden by this format.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
This week's tanver bravel is fucking nutso.

This is definitely the best so far. The crazy shit that can go down with spells and shit is like lolwut. RNG all over the place, but you still need to craft the right deck to compete.

Dat 7 mana flamestrike into a minion though. YOLO Doges!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom