• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

Why would you play minions in this brawl? I don't see how tempo mage and face hunter are strong here.

right, I just went ahead and see how it works really for the first game testing waters. You need to have something to play everyturn and there are so many spells and secrets that make sense or even usable on the board. I'm going to get creative now... mana wyrms and loatheb will remain in my deck though (and Dr. Boom :b)

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
right, I just went ahead and see how it works really for the first game testing waters. You need to have something to play everyturn and there are so many spells and secrets that make sense or even usable on the board. I'm going to get creative now... mana wyrms and loatheb will remain in my deck though (and Dr. Boom :b)

Mana Wyrms and Troggs, anything that gets buffed when spells are cast in mine. Also whacked in Cho just to fuck things up, it's only Brawl.

ViviOggi

Got rekt by a Druid, could be strong although my start was very bad and in the midgame a Doomsayer from Unstable Portal rekt my board

Mana wyrm, flamewaker doesn't seem good since you won't have many cheap spells, Loatheb also may backfire horribly :)
Board clears and freeze spells I think will be really good, so everyone will play Mage. This brawl looks like more fun version of 30 unstable portals, I like this kind of RNG more than lame webspinner one from the last week.

Duster

Bwahahaha, I was a bit down on the game after facing some ridiculous arena decks but just when I thought I was out this brawl has dragged me back in.

The guy I was playing got a Millhouse Manastorm summoned from one of his spells.
I killed it triggering his duplicate secret.
He only went and played it.

Archmage Antonidas
Spare Part
Infinite free Fireballs!

Copenap

Mages everywhere. Mage way too strong. All those freeze spells simultaniously summoning super strong minions is just op.

I do wonder how much effortBlizz puts into these. Obviously they are not interested in some class and deck diversity.

gutshot

If you use Vanish, does the new minion stay or does it also get Vanished?

The summon happens before the spell effect is resolved, so I assume it would Vanish. Along those same lines, a summoned Violet Teacher instantly spawns a token; a summoned Wild Pyro instantly deals his 1 damage, etc.

Dahbomb

I know Mage is strong in this but I am going to try out a Fatigue Druid.

Healing Touches, Tree of Lifes, Poison Seeds, Starfalls, Swipes, Recycle etc.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
Christ, I normally just buy packs with my gold but I decided it had been a while so I entered the arena...

0-2 later I'm remembering why I just buy packs, christ I should ahve read some guides before coming back in here.

EDIT: ergh, 0-3, fuck this mode.

While that certainly sucks to go 0-3 it isn't like you don't get a reward. Unless you just don't need GvG packs, Arena is some of the most enjoyable matches in the game for me. Only 50 more gold and you still get a back + dust/partial gold back as a worst-case scenario.

If you aren't good at drafting you can always check out heartharena or any of the other tools.

Opiate

Mages everywhere. Mage way too strong. All those freeze spells simultaniously summoning super strong minions is just op.

I do wonder how much effortBlizz puts into these. Obviously they are not interested in some class and deck diversity.

It can't be much effort, even if they wanted to. They have 6 days to put them together each time, which is very short even if the entire team was working on it. Which it isn't, of course. My guess is that there is one or two guys putting these together every 6 days. Yes, these are going to be whacky and imbalanced, and it's probably better to expect that.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
It can't be much, even if they wanted to. They have 6 days to put them together each time, which is very short even if the entire team was working on it. Which isn't close to true. My guess is that there is one or two guys putting these together every 6 days.

All of the art and stuff for them was patched into the client at the first patch though. I am betting they have a slate of them planned out well in advance. They aren't testing them much though.

Dahbomb

Malygos Shaman/Rogue/Warlock might work in this too.

Basically every Mage is using Freeze spells and if you don't play too many minions then they won't get any value from their freeze spells. You basically just draw out your win condition and then kill them in one blow.

Opiate

All of the art and stuff for them was patched into the client at the first patch though. I am betting they have a slate of them planned out well in advance. They aren't testing them much though.

Sure, that doesn't really change the basic math. Whether it was organized yesterday or 6 months ago, in all likelihood it was probably put together in about a week and that will likely remain true for a long time. It doesn't make sense to carefully craft and meticulously balance a mode that will be replaced every week. If it even took 2 weeks to put together, the math obviously wouldn't work out long term.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Man, just went up against a Priest in the brawl and I drew nothing to get rid of his Cleric, buffed it up to 36/36 the fucker. Shafted so bad I felt like an altar boy.

Malice215

This week's brawl sounds the most interesting out of any of the others. Can't wait to try it later.

Still need more deckslots though for the long term.

Xanathus

Mage is definitely the best in this, just make sure you have 2x Blizzard and Flamestrike. And don't put in Apprentices and Loatheb.

Dahbomb

Druid is pretty good in this, demolished a Mage player.

But Mage is definitely the best though. Blizzard/Flamestrike/Fireball/Pyro/Antonidas rule this mode.

Still much more fun than Banana Brawl.

Rixxan

do you get specific rewards for getting multiple wins in brawl?

i got the deck for winning my first game, but it doesnt indicate rewards moving forward for more brawl wins

(just installed hearthstone the other day apologies for the new guy question, lol)

Magnus

omg Priests in this, so much fun.

Shadow Madness value ++++++

MInd Control value ++++++

Resurrect value +++++

And Troggzor is such an MVP. LOL

Lyng

Priest is easy mode in this weeks Brawl

zcXQYu1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom