• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first brawl as 30 spell priest

1: Mind vision, get muster for battle, summon lightwarden
2: Coin muster, summon wisp and Mukla
3: Resurrect, get Mukla back and summon shieldbot
Opponent concedes

I tried to play warrior, it's really not that great

But rampage and charge are really funny and good. I actually OTK'ed a friend from 21 health thanks to getting Raging Worgen from Bouncing Blade, then Rampage + Charge and 3 damage from another minion. He was playing Mage and clearly winning :D

Cipherr

Oh god, have a little creativity people jesus. Everyone playing mage. Smashing them to pieces with my Priest one after another, lol.

Mirimar

Peléo;171347960 said:
"At the end of each turn, deal 1 damage to all minions"

Don't think that'd work well. Early game would be non-existent. Your minions wouldn't last more than a turn. Priest would benefit the most from this.

Dahbomb

Don't think that'd work well. Early game would be non-existent. Your minions wouldn't last more than a turn. Priest would benefit the most from this.
A Tavern Brawl of Hearthstone where early game isn't ridiculously strong...

Boy that would be the fucking day.

Oh god, have a little creativity people jesus. Everyone playing mage. Smashing them to pieces with my Priest one after another, lol.
To be honest, most people saw the rules and thought like many other people that Mage would be the clear favorites here. While they are the best they aren't so far ahead like they were in Banana Brawl. I have been beating Mages consistently all day long. Just have a class with good board clears and removals, you should be fine.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
It's not as unbalanced as you make it seem. He needed two frothings, warsong commander, patron, two whirlwind effects and inner rage to make it happen, all discounted by Emperor.

That's a 7 card combo discounted by emperor. The only reason it got to that point was because priest can't pressure for shit and he could just sit there drawing to it.

Yeah you are probably right he did need those exact but at the same i think that whole combo is OP, you want to build a board but vs grim warrior but you can get punished if you do even at 30 HP, seems too powerful.
Also guys i took a look at trump's last game in the ATLC vs rogue and it's really interesting, trump would have probably survived one more turn if he had tried cleared the whole board with equality + consecrate + kings because the rogue wouldn't had lethal the next turn, it would have been 3 off. Trump's Harrison play left the piloted shredder alive and made him take 2 dmg, seems greedy to me. In hindsight it seems obvious but i wonder why he prioritized the dagger when a minion can get oiled. In any case i don't think today was Trump at his best.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
LOL @ these Mages still using Sorcerer's Apprentice in Tavern Brawl...

Yeah when I see someone coin sorcerer's apprentice then arcane missiles I just laugh. The decrease cost isn't too good.

I've done better once I stripped out every single minion. Priest and Druid are a lot of fun this way.

Dahbomb

Yeah when I see someone coin sorcerer's apprentice then arcane missiles I just laugh. The decrease cost isn't too good.

I've done better once I stripped out every single minion. Priest and Druid are a lot of fun this way.
Having a couple of key minions are good to have.

For Shaman you need Fire Elementals, there's no way around it.

For Paladin you need double Aldors. Usually Mages Flamestrike and then get like a Malorne out which you have very little answer to.

For Druids having Keeper of the Groves is good too because it can silence key targets.

For Warriors, Warsong Commander is god tier because they have so many low cost spells that translate to low cost minions which can get charge from Warsong.

I also have seen MCT been used to good effect in Tavern Brawl. BGH of course can get use to.

But stuff like Sorcerer's Apprentice is just shitty in Brawl. It's in fact anti synergy.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Having a couple of key minions are good to have.

For Shaman you need Fire Elementals, there's no way around it.

For Paladin you need double Aldors. Usually Mages Flamestrike and then get like a Malorne out which you have very little answer to.

For Druids having Keeper of the Groves is good too because it can silence key targets.

For Warriors, Warsong Commander is god tier because they have so many low cost spells that translate to low cost minions which can get charge from Warsong.

I also have seen MCT been used to good effect in Tavern Brawl. BGH of course can get use to.

But stuff like Sorcerer's Apprentice is just shitty in Brawl. It's in fact anti synergy.

Oh yeah, I did have 1 MCT and BGH in the paladin deck since it seemed weak on 3s, and Divine Favor didn't do me any good. I had humility over aldor but maybe that was wrong.

I didn't think about silence for druid, though I've been liking the immunity to mindgames and mirror entity otherwise.

Rogue with:
Loatheb
Trade Prince Gallywix
+28 spells

I haven't tried this tavern brawl and will probably tomorrow.

Gallywix is hilarious but I wouldn't use Loatheb, since the minion is reflected by cost. Even if they overcharge for a normally cheap spell they get amazing minions off it it.

Mirimar

If I actually had a Millhouse Manastorm, I'd seriously consider playing him turn 9 or 10 against priest just to screw that turn up.

I'm actually getting good value out of Darkiron Skulker in this brawl with rogue. So many weenie minions cleared from cheap spells.

Dahbomb

Lorewalker Cho is amazing if you are playing a slightly aggro ish deck.

I would say it's almost mandatory in the weaker classes so they can get some better spells.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Spells that draw cards seem especially good in this brawl. Seems like it's very easy for your whole hand to get dumped. People are avoiding hero power because tempo is EVERYTHING.

Spells that draw cards seem especially good in this brawl. Seems like it's very easy for your whole hand to get dumped. People are avoiding hero power because tempo is EVERYTHING.

That's why Mind Vision and Thoughtsteal are nuts. Summon 1 minion, draw two cards, high chance to be spells

Mirimar

I really hate this 1 deck rule for Tavern. I get tired of playing a deck after about 3 times. Ah well, guess it makes it so I try different variations.

Dahbomb

Spells that draw cards + deal damage and spells that summon a minion for high cost are especially good.

Stuff like Implosion is godlike. Do 4 damage, summon 4 imps and summon a 4 drop minion...

Holy Wrath is good too. Do on average 3-4 damage, summon a 5 drop... draw a card.

Bizazedo

Hunter is hella underrated in this format.

Like when you start using all the Hunter spells you realize they actually have good spells. Explosive Shot, Deadly shot and Multishot are all good spells to have in this format and even Cobra Shot does work. Animal Companion is top tier in this format because you get 2 3 drops essentially.

I have also been using Tracking and Flare in my Hunter deck. Flare helps against Mage secrets even though they are usually Counterspell (and Counterspell beats Flare unfortunately...).
Wisdom right here. I made a Hunter with all spells except for two MCT's and two weapons. People have no idea which secret you play when almost every single one is in your deck (although I am going to yank Snipe for Misdirection).

I'm sure there's better, but it's fun..

Cat Party

Going to try Hunter later. Paladin is my favorite so far because you always have targets for the spells and the secrets end up stacking well.

Mulgrok

Wisdom right here. I made a Hunter with all spells except for two MCT's and two weapons. People have no idea which secret you play when almost every single one is in your deck (although I am going to yank Snipe for Misdirection).

I'm sure there's better, but it's fun..

Snipe is horrible in this brawl, because it is unlikely your opponent will play a minion the entire match.

inky

I fucking love this brawl:

14 DMG fireball? Sure!
hsguqc7.png

Alex from UP turn 6, Flamestrike turn 7? :lol
5858506sbz.png

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Summon Mimiron's Head, have a bunch of target dummies on the board, opponent surrenders.

C'mon man, I just wanted to see Voltron :(

Pooya

rogue is easy mode, turn 6-7 win at latest. I haven't tried warrior yet but rogue is the best of the bunch so far. It feels like a dream to combo with no care.

Dahbomb

HOLY SHIT SOMEONE DID A VOLTRON COMBO AGAINST ME USING ROGUE!!!

Bo2BG.gif

Basically did a bunch of 0 spells to spawn Target Dummies then played Mimiron's head. Too many Dummies to deal with then when Voltron summoned he played a Cold Blood and that was the end of that...

Magnus

Man....I lost three times with Druid. And absolutely melted the four Druids I fought as a mage or priest. I don't see its OP potential in this brawl. What am I missing?

Had Millhouse Manastorm come out randomly but it got sapped. I first thought that replaying him would be stupid, but then I realized it would just summon a bunch of 0 mana creatures because all the spells would have no cost, which made following up with Holy Nova pretty good.

Millhouse and Loatheb's effects are battlecries. They won't trigger if they're summoned via the Brawl mechanic. Confirmed by several Millhoises beinh summoned last night.

That said, I had a large amount of players actually play Loatheb against me.

"That was a mistake."

Magnus

Wait, how do you use your alt heroes in the Brawl? I'm playing against a Medivh. Didn't see the option to use mine.

edit- Never mind- I see it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom