• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
All these Mage clowns with their Mirror Entities
laugh.gif

Yeah I had this Mage that had a MIrror Entity up practically the entire game.

It ended up copying an Angry Chicken I got from a Webspinner.

This is the best brawl yet. I'm just fucking around with each class and it's awesome.

Bane of Doom with Demonfire and Demonheart is really funny. And sometimes you get demons anyway out of the other spells.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
This is the best brawl yet. I'm just fucking around with each class and it's awesome.

Bane of Doom with Demonfire and Demonheart is really funny. And sometimes you get demons anyway out of the other spells.

It's really fun to just fart around with all the classes. I guess this is where no real incentive to win more games comes in handy with this mode because you don't have to worry about losses. Still, I think another pack at 5/10, something would be nice.

Leezard

I'm trying to remember, did Blizzard ever say they were going to charge for Brawl eventually or that they were just thinking about it?

They expressed it in a way that it sounded that it was going to eventually be a paid service, but put out some tweets saying they don't plan to charge for it.

I just downloaded this and played for the first time last night after realizing the new MtG game doesn't support iPad mini or iPad 3 and someone suggested just to play this.

It's a little sluggish on the iPad mini, had to reboot to get past the intro as it was constantly crashing.

I beat all the normal AI to unlock all the heroes on my first try and even won against a few expert AI decks with the custom deck I made with the boosters I got.

Then clicked on arena to see what it was and it told me that only for this time I could play for free. So I kinda had to play. I built a priest deck combining that 1/3 minion that gets you a card everytime you heal and a 0/5 that heals all your minions at the end of the turn. It surprisingly worked quite well and ended up winning.

The winning blow was quite funny. He was also a priest and was at 2 health. I had just finished my turn by casting a minion I got from his deck with that card that gets you 2 cards from his deck and costs 3. I got a minion and I played it before even having a chance to read it since I was running out of time. After I played it and read it converted all my healing abilities into damage instead I wasn't all that pleased since, but then he healed himself with his priest's ability and killed himself on his turn. We were both probably equally as surprised. I don't know if I read the card correctly, but I could have sworn it said "my" healing effects not all, but oh well. A win is a win.

After I won the game crashed, but the I opened it again and got some rewards. Now I don't know if that means I can keep playing arena with that deck or not. It said it would be destroyed after I lost 3 times, but I don't know if the game crashing had any effect on that. Maybe I'll play on my iPad 3 from now on, though I prefer the mini form factor.

Game is a lot of fun, but it's almost a straight rip off of the first CCG game on the iPad. I used to play that, but don't quite remember what it was called. Shadow something I think.

Rockyrock

How would that work with, say, the Rag vs Nef brawl? A second pack if you win with both decks?

they could make like a weekly challenge for Brawls.

like you get a pack for your first win each week and then theres a weekly challenge that awards you another pack. for example win 1 game with each class, win 5 with rag/win 5 with nef, cast 100 bananas, ect... w/e is applicable for that week.

I just like the win with all classes one because it promotes more variety.

I always wish the final rank into legend was win a game with each class or something like that lol

They expressed it in a way that it sounded that it was going to eventually be a paid service, but put out some tweets saying they don't plan to charge for it.
Huh, interesting. Thanks. Was just thinking about how the 22nd and the release of Brawl worked together with the first announcement of Brawl but it sounds like things have changed since then.

Considering Tavern Brawl's hit and miss reception over the last few weeks I'm not too worried about them charging for it. They would have to give out some pretty significant rewards to make it worth it and even then there are just certain brawls people wouldn't bother with.

At this point I'm more curious as to whether they'll actually remove the free pack reward or not. I know they said it was a short term thing but one pack a week isn't anything crazy and, despite this week's brawl's success, I'm not sure how many people would bother if they pulled away the incentive.

Xanathus

I'm fairly sure that the Blizz CM Zeriyah tweeted that brawl would be free forever, it's just the pack rewards that are limited.

iirate

Never seen that art before. Must be a new sexed up version of Lady Liadrin.

Only person it could be imo. She got a makeover!

I'm actually hoping we get around to new characters as heroes sooner than later(or use the old TCG heroes). They can be really creative with hero powers on characters they're making from scratch, and it would be a great way to add heroes of all races for the players that want specific ones(for example, I'd buy every femcow they want to add, but there aren't many established in lore).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm not totally sold what it is that is coming, but I've gone into hord my coins mode. Not that I have a lot (only like 250), but I'm not gonna buy anything else till after the announcement.

I think a reverse Brawl of this could be really interesting as well, i.e., whenever you play a minion, gain a random spell of the same cost (from any class).

Dahbomb

In this team tournament they have to play 6 different classes?

It's kinda hilarious how Paladins and Druids are getting bullied in this.

LMAO Druid lost the Freeze Mage match up (best out of the 6). Savjz on suicide watch...

Someone mind adding me or let me add them so I watch them win a match later today when I get home?

My Hearthstone user name is Frost but not sure if battle net gave numbers behind it. Or I can add you.

Jrmint

In this team tournament they have to play 6 different classes?

It's kinda hilarious how Paladins and Druids are getting bullied in this.

LMAO Druid lost the Freeze Mage match up (best out of the 6). Savjz on suicide watch...
Which tournament? And who's casting?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Someone mind adding me or let me add them so I watch them win a match later today when I get home?

My Hearthstone user name is Frost but not sure if battle net gave numbers behind it. Or I can add you.

If you are in the US my id is KobraZer0#1646, i'll play later today. Also Strifecro brought mid range paladin today, i thought we would never see that deck again in this tournament thanks to trump performance yesterday.

Dahbomb

Frodan: "They should just change it so that when it's turn 7 and Dr Balanced is in your hand the card turns orange telling you that MAYBE you should play that card..."

LMAO @ 0-4 Savjz Druid. GET BULLIED!

0-5 DRUID THE DREAM!!!!!

Xanathus

One major problem with Druid now is that combo is easily predictable whereas other classes combos have unpredictable amounts of damage, so you can play around Druid combo.

Dahbomb

One major problem with Druid now is that combo is easily predictable whereas other classes combos have unpredictable amounts of damage, so you can play around Druid combo.
That and it's very difficult for Druid to regain tempo once it has been lost due to having crap for removals both single target and AOE.

Swipe isn't what it used to be.

That and it's very difficult for Druid to regain tempo once it has been lost due to having crap for removals both single target and AOE.

They really should drop the cost of Starfall to 4. As it is now, it's either a weaker Fireball that can't hit face for for one extra mana or a Consecration that doesn't hit face for one extra mana. The option to choose between two weaker versions of other class spells isn't worth the extra mana.

Yeah, Druid needs some removal love in the next expansion. Maybe if Starfall wasn't so expensive.

Druids are practically a free win for my Shaman at this point. They can't deal with the combination of Shredders, Fireguard Destroyers and Fire Elementals at all really.

Dahbomb

They really should drop the cost of Starfall to 4. As it is now, it's either a weaker Fireball that can't hit face for for one extra mana or a Consecration that doesn't hit face for one extra mana. The option to choose between two weaker versions of other class spells isn't worth the extra mana.
But that's the whole point of Druid. They have worse spells individually but you are paying for the choice.

Like look at Wrath... on one end it's a worse Darkbomb for 2 mana because it can't hit face. The other is a 2 mana Mortal Coil (a bit better than Coil but still priced higher).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom