• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I've spent around $50 on the game and also had around the same gifted to me twice now. I straight up bought BRM but saved gold for Naxx(I started a little beforehand and didn't realize I kinda fucked myself over by doing that).

I'm at the point where I have a solid amount of legendaries, but more importantly nearly every pack is 40 dust to me, so I can save up dust and craft specific ones I want, though I still have a lot of gaps in epics...I guess it works out considering a lot of them are pretty bad.

Yeah, but it's the only class that's unfair to the one playing it, not to your opponent.

Hey now, Shaman RNG swings can still crop up. Highest crackle roll, perfect totems, etc. Nothing is safe.

My least played class by a wide margin though, which is a shame. I am frustrated every time I try.

I've spent whatever the expansions cost and that's it. I had to dust a lot of stuff to get decks up and running, which was a choice made easier because I only seem to get crappy legendaries (Mukla, Millhouse, Blingtron, Hogger). I also got a golden Troggzor which was nice to DE. I can't run a lot of the big decks for lack of key legendaries (no Grom or Alex for example), but I prefer having wider coverage so I can play variety of decks and not just one or two legendary heavy ones.

You also kind of have to decide which classes are worth investing in or which you have fun with, some need more epics while others just need rares.

As for Arena, it feels way more reliant on an insane deck now then it used to. I pretty much always go up against a deck with a legendary in my first two matches, then usually go on around a 5 win run before losing my third. I used to think it was just my play or drafting being bad, but then I finally got what I felt was a good draft in terms of options and went 11-3 without issue, even making mistakes that would otherwise cost me the game with a lesser deck. I watch streamers draft and they get ridiculous options in terms of what they're being offered. My last Arena run my "epic" choice was the Crab, the pirate, and the pirate bird, a combo I've had happen to me multiple times before. That and never being offered the 'key class cards'.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Why do you say that?

Because Ive spent almost $500 and my free resources amount to about 12k dust. Which is pretty good, but I think that's worth maybe $100-$150? I basically never craft gold cards either. Probably the only "weird" thing I probably do is keep EVERY gold card that's not a dupe, including the shitty ones. I guess I have some crappy legendaries most people would dust, too.

Congrats.

Congrats!! I hope someday I can be that good

Congratulations!!!! This reminds i should play 5 more games in order to get my golden Druid portrait. Probably gonna do it later today.

Thanks everyone.

Also, for rando, I'd say it's more about repetition than anything. Obviously being able to win more than you lose helps but I got the majority of my wins over the last couple months and Shaman isn't exactly in the best of places right now. Just play a lot and do decently well and it's not too bad. More of a grind than anything.

Acinixys

Hey now, Shaman RNG swings can still crop up. Highest crackle roll, perfect totems, etc. Nothing is safe.

My least played class by a wide margin though, which is a shame. I am frustrated every time I try.

I love Shaman

Ive probably played 70% of my 1000+ games as Shaman

And while its a fun class to play when it works (Hello double dust devil into flame tongue totem) it feels so gimped 90% of the time

I REALLY hope that the next expansion buffs Shaman

Ultrabum

What's even the best shaken deck now? Fel reaver aggro mech?

The control / value version with manatide, earthshock, hex, azure drakes, dr boom, ect?

Shamen seems so bad everytime I play it.

JesseZao

I love Shaman

Ive probably played 70% of my 1000+ games as Shaman

And while its a fun class to play when it works (Hello double dust devil into flame tongue totem) it feels so gimped 90% of the time

I REALLY hope that the next expansion buffs Shaman

I'd go mad if my idea of playing shaman for fun was getting double dust devil to work.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I was inspired by BananasWithGuns's 500 Shaman wins to finish my first golden portrait, i was actually two wins off with Druid and i did it just now!

V6yCfSG.jpg

I only have one more thing to say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOFAnpb8I3E

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Stuff like that makes me really dislike Hearthstone's fuzzy internal logic.

Yeah, the worst is the Ooze since it says an EXACT COPY yet it doesn't spawn with the Shadow Madness effect.

I hope when they say Brawl's will be cycled back in that the mean it like a Greatest Hits thing and we get Brawls people actually like being put back in like this current one

Sande

They should change the animations if they want to stick to the "battlecry and all it's effects are resolved before the minion is actually summoned" principle. Visually the minion is summoned on the board before the battlecry takes place, which just makes things even more confusing and illogical.

They should change the animations if they want to stick to the "battlecry and all it's effects are resolved before the minion is actually summoned" principle. Visually the minion is summoned on the board before the battlecry takes place, which just makes things even more confusing and illogical.

It's just order of operations. Pretty standard in a game like this, whether the minion is "actually" summoned before or after is irrelevant.

Sande

It's just order of operations. Pretty standard in a game like this, whether the minion is "actually" summoned before or after is irrelevant.
I disagree. Things should probably happen in the order they happen, right?

It's obviously not a huge deal but honestly it's a little weird something like that made its way into the game in the first place. It makes things unnecessarily confusing for new players and I just find inconsistencies like that annoying.

Dahbomb

they should probably add a 'rate this brawl!' option somewhere.
Pretty sure Blizzard can check the play data themselves.

This week's Brawl I had players on my friend lists play it regularly for quite a while and I myself had 50 wins on it.

The previous ones people on my friends list played for an hour and never played again. I think I have like 3-4 wins max on all of the previous ones (except the Nef/Rag one).

Celegus

Pretty sure Blizzard can check the play data themselves.

This week's Brawl I had players on my friend lists play it regularly for quite a while and I myself had 50 wins on it.

The previous ones people on my friends list played for an hour and never played again. I think I have like 3-4 wins max on all of the previous ones (except the Nef/Rag one).

This was easily my favorite as well. A whopping 5 wins compared to the normal 1, haha.

rando14

Yay I rekt dudes in Casual today, got like 6 wins in a row with my priest!!

But I get my balls kicked in Ranked tho ..... <_<

EDIT: Too scared to try Brawl lol

Yay I rekt dudes in Casual today, got like 6 wins in a row with my priest!!

But I get my balls kicked in Ranked tho ..... <_<

EDIT: Too scared to try Brawl lol
If you're a new player, I'd at leaSt give it a shot. Getting a free classic pack is pretty good. Druid seems to be doing the best but I'd go with whatever class you have the most high cost spells with.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Playing the Tavern Brawl.

First Unstable Portal. Out pops Illidan.
Second Unstable Portal.... also Illidan...

Dahbomb

Wow, Kripp's never gotten legendary. So bad.
He very rarely plays Constructed though. Like usually he will think of a cool deck, plays a few games with it in ranked then stop when he loses twice in a row with it.

He can easily get Legendary every month if he wanted to but he just hates that format and doesn't find grinding rankings to be fun. Honestly I am the same way although I don't find Arena that much fun either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom