• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Eloise is casting, and she's firing shots all over the place.

giphy.gif

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Seems to me like someone trying to leech off of someone else's popularity. She's going to fly out and see him by herself, stay at his house, post pictures of him and her together on twitter, admitted she was flirting with him, streamed from his place (resulting in her receiving many times the amount of viewers than she normally does), and Reynad is the bad guy here because he made a move? What exactly did she expect?

Considering the circumstances, it would be strange if he didn't

What did she expect? Are you serious? Why not just save yourself some time and say she shouldn't have worn a short skirt? Jesus.

What did she expect? Are you serious? Why not just save yourself some time and say she shouldn't have worn a short skirt? Jesus.

He made a move on a girl who flew out to see him, stayed in his house with him, and who was flirting with him. Don't get all ridiculous with this, all he did was do what damn near every single guy in the world would have in that situation. Just calm the hell down with the white knight garbage.

Forget this Twitch crap anyways, lets get this thread back to Hearthstone

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
He made a move on a girl who flew out to see him, stayed in his house with him, and who was flirting with him. Don't get all ridiculous with this, all he did was do what damn near every single guy in the world would have in that situation. Just calm the hell down with the white knight garbage.

Forget this Twitch crap anyways, lets get this thread back to Hearthstone

I found your view deplorable. I spoke on it. It's not white knighting. Nice gg speak though.

Danj

So I finally got an iPhone and decided to download Hearthstone on it since hey, might as well.

Worthwhile investment.

*shakes fist*

I hate when I've had to put so much effort in just to collect dust to make Dr. Boom, and other people are getting legendaries out of packs with no effort at all.

Pooya

*shakes fist*

I hate when I've had to put so much effort in just to collect dust to make Dr. Boom, and other people are getting legendaries out of packs with no effort at all.

there is no justice in this game, in no aspect of it, that itself is the game. Watching sjow's stream he was repeating that again and again after beating other patron warriors with patron warrior, it was madness. he had no right to win those games but he still did anyway.

Dahbomb

Tavern Brawl has way less Druids online now. I guess people have gotten bored of using Druids and are using other classes.

Actually ran into a Shaman today. I was playing Rogue.

I think Shamans should just start putting in Deathlords into their decks. There's usually no downside to having Deathlords in this format and it can hold off aggression until you get your Ancestral Call combo.

I just want to point out this is not a deck I made, this was recommended by user johnsmith here on GAF. It's been doing pretty well for me, but if anyone can suggest improvements I'd be happy to hear about them.

Of course now I have Dr. Boom that opens up a lot of netdecks which were inaccessible previously, so maybe I can try one of those instead.

Right, he made the deck but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to improve it or change it to make it your own. That is one of the best ways to learn the game... by experimenting.

Danj

HearthHead.com used to have a thing where you could search for decks that only contained cards in your collection, what happened to it? I don't see that in the filters any more. Did they make it a subscription only feature?

Ladekabel

Maybe I shouldn't play Hearthstone on my iPhone 4S. Framerate issue and my phone getting really warm aside, I had it crash several times now. Or do newer phones have similar problems?

ViviOggi

Almost lost an 8-1 match against this pathetic Paladin shitstain who fullroped me EVERY SINGLE TURN because I couldn't get the last attack in for lethal when I roped him in return
cBj1LTf.png

Suddenly playing out every turn super fast the clown healed back to 5 with Fucksilver Champion
cBj1LTf.png

But two Wild Growths allowed me to draw into one of my two Starfires for perfect lethal

So in the end it was nothing less than perfect bm
anuxi_deal.gif

cHinzo

Maybe I shouldn't play Hearthstone on my iPhone 4S. Framerate issue and my phone getting really warm aside, I had it crash several times now. Or do newer phones have similar problems?

Runs really smooth on my iPhone 6. It does get stuck occasionally when starting up the app.

Danj

It'd be cool if there was like a Hearthstone mentoring programme, where an advanced/expert player would spectate you playing a few games, then analyse your play style and give you some pointers on what you're doing wrong. I'm sure everyone's sick of me whining on here about how I can't break past rank 15, but it's like a brick wall I keep bashing my head against - practice isn't going to make me any better at it.

ViviOggi

It'd be cool if there was like a Hearthstone mentoring programme, where an advanced/expert player would spectate you playing a few games, then analyse your play style and give you some pointers on what you're doing wrong. I'm sure everyone's sick of me whining on here about how I can't break past rank 15, but it's like a brick wall I keep bashing my head against - practice isn't going to make me any better at it.
You got any VODs?

Pooya

rank 15 US is very easy to pass though, I'm not sure what you have problem with. What time of day you play? let's say if you play late night or early morning, chances of matching lunatics are higher :p

I feel rank 15 EU is quite tough though, probably way fewer players play there, I had some great matches there yesterday with obviously very good golden players.

Xanathus

There are a ton of professional Hearthstone streamers/tourney players offering coaching for reasonable prices ($100 an hour for Kolento Kappa)
http://ihearthu.com/book-coach/

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

I could spectate you and give you some tips, My battle name is KobraZer0 #1646.

johnsmith

remember me
Just had one of those insane interactions that people make videos of. I have mirror entity and a mad scientist on board. He plays a knife juggler to trigger my mirror entity. Thinking he's safe to play something big he plays Dr Boom. Well the boombots trigger the knife juggler and both hit my scientist, who puts another mirror entity in play, so I get a copy of Boom.

Shiver

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3d001z/adopt_a_newbie_let_the_old_teach_the_new/

Fireblend

Banned
So guys, I've been playing some more of this, and have another noob question for you:

- I already have all of Naxxramas (cleared it except for the challenges and heroic of course), and I just got to 700 gold. Should I spend it all on packs, or on the first part of BRM?

Also, I've noticed people like posting their decks on the Internet. Is there some site where I can input what cards I have and have it come up with decks I'm able/close to being able to build? That'd be pretty cool.

Thanks!

Ladekabel

I'm thinking about dropping around 20€ in the game given that I have played it several hours.Want to grind for the adventures (don't ask me why because I don't know myself) so it is probably going to be for packs. Should I go for Classic since it has more better cards or GvG because I don't have Dr. Boom yet?

ViviOggi

I'm thinking about dropping around 20€ in the game given that I have played it several hours.Want to grind for the adventures (don't ask me why because I don't know myself) so it is probably going to be for packs. Should I go for Classic since it has more better cards or GvG because I don't have Dr. Boom yet?
Don't

Get the adventures

Their pricing massively favors real money over gold as opposed to packs, you get a guaranteed, solid assortment of cards and your gold income doesn't get locked away for 1-2 months like it does when you grind adventures

If you buy packs you want mostly classic because you can't get them in arena (you're not going to pull Boom for 20 bucks) but that would be just terrible advice to give to someone who doesn't have the adventures

JesseZao

As many other people would chime in, if you're spending money on the game and the choice is between packs or adventures: Spend the cash on the adventure 100% and use gold for packs/arenas. The gold value per dollar is higher for adventures.

I don't know the euro prices, but the USD would be:

2800 gold = Four adventure wings = $19.96
2800 gold = 28/(29 packs with cash) = $39.97

Dahbomb

It's actually a pretty good video. And he's self aware on the whole "how good is X" thing.

He pretty much says what I said a while ago. Coin is pretty strong in combo decks especially in Constructed but not as good in Zoo-ish decks that need to go first and put a 1 drop out. Since that's where Arena has been heading these days (early game presence is king), it has made coin weaker in Arena than before.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Guys i had a cool druid match vs a weird duplicate mage , now first tell me did i miss lethal here? I'm pretty sure i didn't

The amount of taunts and a divine shield made my head dizzy so i instead tried to clear as many taunts as possible, i ended up leaving annoytron as the last taunt. He flamestriked but didn't actually clear my whole board instead of leaving that job to ragnaros which proved to be a mistake because he went face leaving me at 1HP.

Anyway i think i only won that game because he misplayed, not that i blame him too much because that deck seemed weird and all over the place.

Danj

You got any VODs?

All my arena runs have been streamed and recorded on the youtubes - here's the playlist.

There are a ton of professional Hearthstone streamers/tourney players offering coaching for reasonable prices ($100 an hour for Kolento Kappa)
http://ihearthu.com/book-coach/

Woah, yeah, no I didn't mean actual paid pro coaching. I just meant something like between GAF users or something, on an amateur basis.

I could spectate you and give you some tips, My battle name is KobraZer0 #1646.

Are you on NA or EU? I'm EU.

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
There is a lot Blizz could do themselves around the game.

Have an option to spectate random 5 to legendary matches.

Have a an area for new players that only people with less than 100 total wins can enter to play.

Give people some real stat tracking in game. Would help people to see how their stuff works out over the long haul.

I still feel like the stuff around the core game is still kinda bare bones.

ViviOggi

Have a an area for new players that only people with less than 100 total wins can enter to play.

Give people some real stat tracking in game. Would help people to see how their stuff works out over the long haul.

It is known. Anything outside of a match is ridiculously barebones.

I'm in NA but i don't think it matters right? i can still spectate you.
Yes but you'll have to do the tutorial first if you haven't on EU before.

Dahbomb

Too complicated for some of Blizzard dev's grandmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom