• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
i'm very new to this.

explain what happened.

how did that guy have 85 dmg and not attack

and why shit did all green and kill everything?

The opponent probably wanted to BM (bad manner) instead of attacking, he was so sure of winning.

The spell (Tree of Life) the player uses normally heals every character (minions plus the heroes) to full health, but the player has Auchenai Soulpriest which makes all healing spells deal damage instead, so instead everything takes damage equal to its health and everything dies.

Except, the spell also summons Mal'Ganis (as it has equal mana cost to Tree of Life) which turns the player hero immune to any damage. Mal'ganis does die too but not before his immune effect has triggered and saved the player.

zoukka

Haha I counted wrong while busting my load with two frothings and accidentally killed them before attacking while they had 20 attack each... Too bad my opponent had already conceded before he realised my mistake :D

The salt was amazing.

Danj

I only managed 2-3 but in the pack, I got this:

1LdxUme.jpg

Is it any good, or can I dust it and finally have enough dust to craft Dr. Boom? (I'm at 1200-something dust at the moment)

Danj

When you have Mirror Entity and the opponent plays Ragnaros, is it the case that the enemy Ragnaros always targets your Ragnaros, or is that just really really bad luck? Because it's happened every time for me.

Duster

By far the best Brawl to date. Currently 38-13. I've never played this well in my life.

Yeah I have a similar record which given my usual win/loss ration is amazing, although I shouldn't be too proud judging by some of the decks I've played against (two Voodoo Doctors?).

I've learned about some fancy mechanics to, like when a priest with a full board plays that "steal a minion for a turn" card it destroys the target.

My latest highlight was getting a Flying Machine summoned from a spell, the next turn I doubled it's health twice and then buffed it's attack to the same level, 32 damage on turn 5.

Magnus

Damn, all the arena drafts I see in here are so fucking good.

I never seem to get great classes to pick from, and when I do, I never get great cards. For the first time ever, I actually just decided to 'retire' after 1 loss because of how damn bad the loss/draft were, and I just couldn't have even been bothered to play the next two games.

In a year of playing, I've only ever managed 6 or 7 wins, and that's happened twice.

ViviOggi

Damn, all the arena drafts I see in here are so fucking good.

I never seem to get great classes to pick from, and when I do, I never get great cards. For the first time ever, I actually just decided to 'retire' after 1 loss because of how damn bad the loss/draft were, and I just couldn't have even been bothered to play the next two games.

In a year of playing, I've only ever managed 6 or 7 wins, and that's happened twice.

Well there's the fact that people tend to post their successful drafts over the stinkers, which even the best arena streamers get, and then there are those that you think are ez 10+ but end up going 2-3 due to bad matchups, unlucky draws etc.

Although 7 wins being your best over a long time suggests that your play isn't quite up to snuff.

Danj

Even with johnsmith's mage deck and Dr. Boom I'm still having real trouble getting past Rank 15.

If Trump Teachings is for beginners, is there a more intermediate/advanced series of videos I can watch to improve my game?

EDIT: dat turn 4 victory

Well there's the fact that people tend to post their successful drafts over the stinkers, which even the best arena streamers get, and then there are those that you think are ez 10+ but end up going 2-3 due to bad matchups, unlucky draws etc.

Although 7 wins being your best over a long time suggests that your play isn't quite up to snuff.

Basically this.

Had a hilarious game in Arena just now playing vs. Paladin. Pulled a Harrison Jones from Unstable Portal to get rid of his Truesilver, then he filled his board, I played my other Portal and got Deathwing!

Sometimes, the RNG is just in your favour. I'm 5-0 now with a deck I thought I wouldn't get to 2 wins with.

Probably a few pages back but here it is

There are a couple things that make this deck weird imo. Double flamestrike stands out the most. Double sludge belcher also seems weird seeing as the early game looks to be highly aggressive/tempo based. Even double azure drake seems odd for a mage deck these days, usually one is the sweet spot. Arcane missiles... is great in aggro mage, but I don't even think it warrants a place in a tempo deck, let alone a slower deck like this one which is more midrange/control than most mage decks being played.

It could be your deck. It seems to try to do too much tbh. But you could also be playing it wrong, since you could take that deck to at least single digit ranks.

Just keep at it. Make changes. Experiment. You can't just take someone's list and expect to succeed. Growing as a player in HS, imo, requires experimentation and understanding why each card exists in a deck and how to properly use them. And to understand that, you should experiment.

Ever just play a single game and feel satisfied from that single game and you just don't feel like playing more?

I just had that, in a rogue vs priest match where I got lorewalker cho (ugh I first thought). It just so happened that this time I could leverage lorewalker cho to my advantage and my opponent didn't seem to be able to counter that tactic. Usually when I get cho, it is with paladin and then I am absolutely wrecked because hand advantage is my biggest strength with the deck and giving them fuel is disaster. This time I could use his max hand to my advantage, giving him certain spells and then using better spells when his hand was maxxed so he wouldn't get them.

Usually cho comes out when I am winning and flips the game. This time... it didn't and it was interesting.

Every fucking patron-deck at rank 15 appears to run Brawl. I thought most lists didn't?

I've never seen it. Are you sure you aren't playing against control warrior or something new?

johnsmith

remember me
There are a couple things that make this deck weird imo. Double flamestrike stands out the most. Double sludge belcher also seems weird seeing as the early game looks to be highly aggressive/tempo based. Even double azure drake seems odd for a mage deck these days, usually one is the sweet spot. Arcane missiles... is great in aggro mage, but I don't even think it warrants a place in a tempo deck, let alone a slower deck like this one which is more midrange/control than most mage decks being played.

It could be your deck. It seems to try to do too much tbh. But you could also be playing it wrong, since you could take that deck to at least single digit ranks.

Just keep at it. Make changes. Experiment. You can't just take someone's list and expect to succeed. Growing as a player in HS, imo, requires experimentation and understanding why each card exists in a deck and how to properly use them. And to understand that, you should experiment.
The deck was a work in progress, but I gave up on it. I hit rank 3 with it, but stalled out after that. Double flamestrike double belcher were responses to the meta, which was lots of hunters, lots of patron warriors.

And here's Mira's reynad story. Super cringe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIzbNv5EJdE

Danj

I just want to point out this is not a deck I made, this was recommended by user johnsmith here on GAF. It's been doing pretty well for me, but if anyone can suggest improvements I'd be happy to hear about them.

Of course now I have Dr. Boom that opens up a lot of netdecks which were inaccessible previously, so maybe I can try one of those instead.

And here's Mira's reynad story. Super cringe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIzbNv5EJdE

Seems to me like someone trying to leech off of someone else's popularity. She's going to fly out and see him by herself, stay at his house, post pictures of him and her together on twitter, admitted she was flirting with him, streamed from his place (resulting in her receiving many times the amount of viewers than she normally does), and Reynad is the bad guy here because he made a move? What exactly did she expect?

Drunk Reynad tried to make a physical move on Mira?

Jesus christ...

Considering the circumstances, it would be strange if he didn't

inky

LOL Reynad. On the one hand I can see his perspective and what Oficcerrob says, but doesn't he pretty much have a history of that with women? What was that other girl streamer he had issues with because he thought they had something going on?

Anyways... twitch drama, lol. Somehow I don't even watch their streams and end up learning about this shit.

LOL Reynad. On the one hand I can see his perspective and what Oficcerrob says, but doesn't he pretty much have a history of that with women? What was that other girl streamer he had issues with because he thought they had something going on?

Anyways... twitch drama, lol.

Reynad obviously has women issues, no doubt about that. Thing is, we heard her side of the story and it lines up with her using him. If she was so interested in just going out there to see him, why is she posting pictures of them together on twitter and then streaming from his place?

Wow did tempostorm fly out eloise just for this fireside gathering tournament in california? wonder where they are getting the funds for all of this.

And why isn't brawl in patron warrior okay at high ranks if you're expecting to play against mostly aggro and other patron decks? Also have the benefit of other players not expecting it since patron decks in higher ranks generally don't include it because of the presence of more control decks.

Wow did tempostorm fly out eloise just for this fireside gathering tournament in california? wonder where they are getting the funds for all of this.

And why isn't brawl in patron warrior okay at high ranks if you're expecting to play against mostly aggro and other patron decks? Also have the benefit of other players not expecting it since patron decks in higher ranks generally don't include it because of the presence of more control decks.

Tempostorm has a HotS team house, where he pays for the best HotS team in the world. Reynad obviously has money.

Tempostorm has a HotS team house, where he pays for the best HotS team in the world. Reynad obviously has money.

Yeah I noticed they've recently added a HOTS team, more hearthstone players, a fighting game player and even some smash players in the past couple of months. Maybe the amazon sponsorship is giving the team an influx of cash or they're selling a lot of subs on the website.

Also seems like amazon is giving 30% back in coins purchases according to the tempostorm tournament stream I'm watching right now. Says it's for today only.

Pooya

Probably a few pages back but here it is

I would say at higher ranks like that mirror entity isn't all that good, everybody assumes you have mirror entity and they play around it or worse steal it and screw you instead. So what I thought was that even if I don't have mirror entity it's like I have mirror entity and the real value in the card is that people will hesitate to play a minion on their curve and ruin their own play anyway. I replaced with other secrets, at some point I was running ice barrier and duplicate. Now duplicate and mad scientist don't play well together, you can't decide what to duplicate, that's a problem but it's a very powerful card when used on your belchers for example. So I suggest remove just one of the mirror entities only and use ice barrier instead, that gives you some longevity that deck like that could use. Ice block is great too if you have that. Normally when someone sees a mirror entity assumes the second one is same too, so it's very powerful like that.

The mage deck I'm playing is closer to this now but I think you don't have the cards for it. You can replace Sylvanas with Maexxna, it's about 70 percent as good I would say :p just don't play it against priests for example, doesn't happen all that often, it's not great against patron warriors either, they can buff their berserker with it but still in most situations it's a card that disrupts the board in a similar fashion and a target for silence. ET is good too if you want to keep it, he acts like a soft taunt and gives immediate value. It's just that Sylvanas stays on the board for more than one turn but ET is removed immediately.

Ragnaros, replace with a pyroblast and use it as a finisher.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/227207-eu-legend-1-tempo-mage-updated

don't do the three secret thing, I would include a mirror image instead for aggros and combo it with flamewaker if you can. Read the text too, some tips there.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

Reynad makes like 70k in donation each month, at least that what was claimed from a leaked donation page database. I believe it people love to troll that dude even if it cost them money.

CoolOff

Fucking finally. 1 down, 8 to go. Done with constructed-Hunter forever I think. Next up, 70 wins to go on Mage and Warrior. Then I need to get to those 420 on Warlock and Rogue lol.

At most 5 wins were Face Hunter.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Reynad makes like 70k in donation each month, at least that what was claimed from a leaked donation page database. I believe it people love to troll that dude even if it cost them money.

I can't watch his channel because every 3 seconds someone is donating $3 to have some lame message pop across the stream.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Been playing hearthstone for so long, but haven't really ever been very good. I wanna try to get good now - I would love to win more than 3 on a draft.

gutshot

Been playing hearthstone for so long, but haven't really ever been very good. I wanna try to get good now - I would love to win more than 3 on a draft.

1. Use heartharena.com to get better at drafting.
2. Watch infinite arena streamers like ratsmah to get better at playing.
3. ?????
4. Profit

Agraavan

I swear, this game...

I drafted a pretty decent paladin deck with 4 Consecrations, Tirion, and a lot of good value cards and went 1-3 with the thing.

Now I'm destroying my oponents with a deck that is made almost entirely of minions that I think is a lot worse than the previous one (with a better early game, undoubtly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom