• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/19822386/

You are cordially invited to witness a proclamation of grand proportions! Tune in to the official Hearthstone Twitch channel or join us in-person at the Folsom Street Foundry in San Francisco, CA, on July 22 starting at 2:30 p.m. PDT for a few very special Hearthstone matches, shop-talk with developers, and one momentous announcement!

This is going to be that argent tournament, i guess?

I hope whatever they announce includes new cards or gamemods. Im really bored with this game atm.

JesseZao

You are cordially invited to witness a proclamation of grand proportions! Tune in to the official Hearthstone Twitch channel or join us in-person at the Folsom Street Foundry in San Francisco, CA, on July 22 starting at 2:30 p.m. PDT for a few very special Hearthstone matches, shop-talk with developers, and one momentous announcement!

I hope whatever they announce includes new cards or gamemods. Im really bored with this game atm.

I just hope they introduce a high ratio of class cards so we don't just get Champion(/Tribe) "Class" decks. Hoping for at least the expansion scale of gvg with 150+ cards.

Fuzzery

Unusually frustrating day in arena today. First my "12 win" paladin deck got shot down at 6 wins and then I went 3-3 and 4-3 with warlock and mage with pretty good decks. Almost every game I'm slowly getting more and more ahead with good trading etc but then the opponent starts dropping some insane cards every turn or I get screwed over by RNG.

Special shout out to the warrior who won a 1v3 brawl and all the shamans who have 5 fire elementals and fireguard destroyers in their decks. I'm adding "shamans always have fire elemental(s) in hand" to my book of undisputed facts next to "everyone always has an MC tech that will take your best minion".

What was the "12 win" deck?

CoolOff

What was the "12 win" deck?

A 6-win deck.

Majine

Banned

They are announcing that Dr. Boom is getting nerfed.

Thank you and good night.

Dahbomb

I want Blizzard to release the expansion with a bunch of shiny new Legendaries that cost 7 mana and no one gives a fuck about them and proceed to just play Dr Balanced instead.

Dr. boom, 7/7 is now 7/5.

That is what I hope to see. Anything more and they probably remove the card from being played in almost all decks.

You always read this "I'm forced to play dr. boom" or "every deck must play boom" nonsense. It isn't true. Yes, more decks than I'd like to see run dr. boom, but that is due to a lack of alternative as well as being over-estimated. Yes, it is as strong as people say but not necessarily the best include in every deck imo. I don't run it in rogue, for example. and I don't run it in paladin either. I have ran it in both decks and I don't think it is worth it.

ViviOggi

That is what I hope to see. Anything more and they probably remove the card from being played in almost all decks.

You always read this "I'm forced to play dr. boom" or "every deck must play boom" nonsense. It isn't true. Yes, more decks than I'd like to see run dr. boom, but that is due to a lack of alternative as well as being over-estimated. Yes, it is as strong as people say but not necessarily the best include in every deck imo. I don't run it in rogue, for example. and I don't run it in paladin either. I have ran it in both decks and I don't think it is worth it.
Eh really all some people say is that they themselves run him in every deck. I don't play him in Rogue either although he's good there, not sure why you wouldn't in Paladin.

Dahbomb

Pretty much every top player I have seen runs Dr Balanced in their Paladin decks. Some people use Dr Balanced in their Rogue decks, some don't.

It's the most iffy to include Dr Balanced in a Grim Patron deck and some people still put him in that deck.

Nerfing just the body of Dr Balanced defeats the purpose of nerfing him in the first place. His body isn't what makes people put him in their decks (though the body certainly helps)... it's the boom bots. You might as well not even nerf him if all you are going to do is take 1 or two points of HP from the main body and leave the bots alone (which is the real problem).

zoukka

Sometimes people are wrong.

Pooya

It's probably a GvG like expansion, they are making too much noise about the announcement, BRM was like very low key in comparison. 150 ish new cards will be fun, getting them not very :\ I like adventure addons for that, I know what I'm getting.

hopefully we get some new good legs, still nothing comes close to usefulness of classic Sylvanas, Ragnaros and Alex plus Dr Boom and original class legs.

-------------

7/5 Dr. Boom keeps him in line with Baron Geddon, which is what it should be like, still a better card obviously. It helps if you don't need to waste a good spell or BGH to kill the main body, it reduces all that value. It should be all about boom bots then, keep them like it is and it's how you get value from Dr.Boom, they're not going to nerf him to obsolescence.

Thank God I've been saving up gold and have 2k dust plus enough stuff to dust for about 5k more.
Will probably wait until a new Dr. Boom card surfaces in the meta to craft

zoukka

They just need to release other big cards that don't trade 1 to 1 with BGH, that's why dr boom is so good.

That's not the only reason why he is good people. There are plenty of cards that do shit before they get BGH'd, it's the amount of value/cost of the card that makes boom tower above everything else. Just printing even more insane cards is not a good solution at all.

Pooya

You see people play boom in every game, but few can actually maximize boom bots, plays still suck! if there is a 2 health minion, don't drive your boom bot to that, hit it with you hero power first then boom bot. I've seen so many mages just kill their boom bots like that and the boom bots ends up hitting the same now 1 health minion for 4 damage. Don't leave that value on the table people.

I can't believe I beat this control warrior with my rogue deck (for some reason the app didn't record the match).

At one point I had him down to 15. He plays 2 armorsmiths, kills my shredder, out pops a unstable ghoul, and then he has a war axe to kill it. Bringing him up to 22 health. I had no good play so I played a naked sprint. He plays a dr. boom... I somehow again have all mediocre plays. He uses whirlwind and he is up to 22 armor + 15 hp. Clears my board. Still the 7/7 on board.

I'm also down to 8 health at this point. But I did manage to clear his board after I finally drew an azure drake for the spell power + fok. Which of course gives him more armor. He was up to some 40 armor at one point. Between my healbot and ERF I got myself out of grom range.

But between 2 sword oils getting a lot of damage in, him being low on removal, even suffering past a brawl, etc.. somehow I won it.

70 health warrior OP.

Haunted

Sometimes I think they just forgot to give Dr. Boom a drawback initially planned in design. The uncharacteristically vague card text feels like there should be a possible drawback to the bots. Like the possibility of doing damage to their side as well. Or something like if you kill Dr. Boom before the bots, they go haywire and just blow up on their own.

zoukka

Sometimes I think they just forgot to give Dr. Boom a drawback initially planned in design. The uncharacteristically vague card text feels like there should be a possible drawback to the bots. Like the possibility of doing damage to their side as well. Or something like if you kill Dr. Boom before the bots, they go haywire and just blow up on their own.

Then they remembered they like money.

ViviOggi

Wombat has the voice, casting style and unfortunately game knowledge of Ayesee down to a T

Monk isn't much better either, I'm not sure where he's looking all the time but it can't be the players' hands

Lyng

Face hunter is just too strong right now. A deck that you can play without any thought and still pull so much damage out of nowhere is not balanced.

_DrMario_

I like how after clearing the board of all the grim patrons he vomited out of thin air, I get punished for playing Dr Boom on an empty board with me at full health.

What stupid fucking moronic deck. I hope it gets nerfed into uselessness.

Dahbomb

That card might as well read:

"Deal 6 damage to face. Summon a 3/3 and 6 1/1s"

Because that's how a Face Hunter player is going to interpret it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
After Kripp made that video you basically can't believe any "leak" you see anymore. Even though you already knew you had to take things with a grain of salt after some of the fake BRM leaks, now it's basically double certain that you can't trust any "leak".

I think Kripp knew exactly what he was doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom