• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Imagine dropping him on the turn they wanted to Doomsayer you. Om nom nom

a5dd57f7.png

This guy would be the ultimate Dragon Paladin 4 drop.

TQ9xkxp.jpg

I tried this Kiebler-deck for a bit but I don't understand it. Is Toshley in to have more Pyro-activators?

I'm playing the version he played on stream yesterday (I don't have Toshley so I can't play the other one, also apologies for the bad res, I'm between PCs ATM):
ZppwTqS.png

It's been pretty good. Lost to a Shaman who was brand new to the game (all basics and commons) because he got a Yeti next to his Flametongue from a Deathlord but it's a good deck IMO. It feels less drawn out than full Control Priest but your game plan is still to outlast rather than pour on the pressure. I am thinking of dropping a Death for a Pain.

CoolOff

I'm playing the version he played on stream yesterday (I don't have Toshley so I can't play the other one, also apologies for the bad res, I'm between PCs ATM):

It's been pretty good. Lost to a Shaman who was brand new to the game (all basics and commons) because he got a Yeti next to his Flametongue from a Deathlord but it's a good deck IMO. It feels less drawn out than full Control Priest but your game plan is still to outlast rather than pour on the pressure. I am thinking of dropping a Death for a Pain.

Yeah I figured out I was using an old list.

Then I remembered that I hate constructed. I currently have 9 decks called "FUCK CONSTRUCTED", not sure how I forgot.

Help me decide what legendary to craft next, gaf!

I currently have the following (in addition to the Nax stuff):
-Antonidas
-Neptulon
-Vol'jin
-Harrison Jones
-Sylvanas
-Dr. Boom
-Rag
-Sneed's Old Shredder
-Malygos
-Ysera
-Onyxia

My favorite classes are Mage and Paladin, so I'm tempted to just craft a Tirion and call it a day. But, I've had a blast with my last craft, Sneed's, and I thing Gazlowe would be a good companion to that.

I know I should wait for Blackrock to hit to see how the Meta swings, and I know Alex is a staple in a lot of decks, but I don't like playing control so I don't see the appeal. Whaddya think?

Gazlowe is really fun but I'm not sure I'd go out of my way craft him. I got him in a pack and I enjoy him enough that I'd never disenchant him but no way I'd craft him over something like Tirion.

Brofist

Sure when ever I want to play a quick game on the way to work I queue into the slowest playing control warriors every single time. Where are the damn face hunters when I need them.

tylerf

Man I just can't play arena without getting my blood pressure up. I end up a lot happier just spending the gold on a pack right away.

iirate

Here's my first try at the whole "fake card" thingy. I wanted to see what I could come up with for a decent, proactive priest 2 drop.

My original idea was to make it a 3/4 that deals 2 "feedback" damage, but I decided to be a little more conservative here. Thoughts?

Aylinato

Here's my first try at the whole "fake card" thingy. I wanted to see what I could come up with for a decent, proactive priest 2 drop.

My original idea was to make it a 3/4 that deals 2 "feedback" damage, but I decided to be a little more conservative here. Thoughts?

4/7 on turn 3 attacking *dies*

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Feels like a card that's at a bit of odds with itself. An early drop to help you against aggro decks, but you end up taking damage anyway. I think zombie chow is generally just a lot better for what you're trying to do. If that was a 4/2 it might work as an aggro priest card.

iirate

Feels like a card that's at a bit of odds with itself. An early drop to help you against aggro decks, but you end up taking damage anyway. I think zombie chow is generally just a lot better for what you're trying to do. If that was a 4/2 it might work as an aggro priest card.

You don't think it would work at 3/4 then? I'm trying to conceptualize what kind of 2 drop a hypothetical midrange priest that plays more like arena priest than constructed priest control might want to play. Something that can help you win the game just by making trades and surviving.

ZealousD

You don't think it would work at 3/4 then? I'm trying to conceptualize what kind of 2 drop a hypothetical midrange priest that plays more like arena priest than constructed priest control might want to play. Something that can help you win the game just by making trades and surviving.

I'm probably overreacting. It seems fair, I guess. As a 3/4 it would be straight up OP as hell.

Gotchaye

I've had some interesting arena runs recently.

Went 7 wins last night with a Deathwing that I very rarely got to use effectively. Picked it over Troggzor for the hell of it, but it did not work out well. It did win me a game against a Paladin who played a Deathlord and BoK'd it; I think he was surprised at what he pulled from my deck. In my last game I really thought I had a good Deathwing play - both of us were more-or-less top-decking and I killed a medium-sized minion with the drop. Then he played his own Deathwing.

Then I had a pretty easy 12/1 run tonight, fueled by Unstable Portal and Echo of Medivh mostly. My last few games gave me a series of really unfair portal draws - Baron Geddon against a Shaman and Kel'Thuzad (with Echo in my hand) closed out games pretty quickly. For the last win it gave me Gahz'rilla, and I'd just pulled a finicky cloakfield from this Rogue's mechanical yeti.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks guys!

One more I wanna ask about is the Guardian of Kings thats 5/6 and gives 6 health back. Worth it or too expensive/slow?

I wonder about that myself. Healbot seems to be chosen over that in every legend deck i've seen, but wouldn't 1 mana more and 2 heal points less be worth the far better stats in a lot of cases? Especially right now in this split meta between huge agro and huge control, where healbot is far worse against control decks, and Guardian of Kings is only slightly worse against agro decks.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think that'd be way too good looking at the average dragon which is generally really high cost. You'd have 7 great outcomes with the legendaries and emerald drake, 3 bad ones with faerie dragon, twilight drake and whelp(I think this has a tag anyway), and one eh outcome(azure drake w/o battlecry). Not counting new ones anyway.

Would maybe work better if it added them to the hand at a discount, but I'd lower the mana cost. But still be a premium over unstable portal since the average would be better and it would have synergy with the dragon hold cards.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Dr. Boom is the worst card. First time I ever fought one, I killed a bomb because I thought it would damage Boom. No way would it be what it actually is, I thought. Jeez.

Job's done.

Dragner

Dr. Boom is the worst card. First time I ever fought one, I killed a bomb because I thought it would damage Boom. No way would it be what it actually is, I thought. Jeez.

Job's done.

Ah!, the first time you encounter Dr. Boom...what a wonderful experience. But dont worry, you will see more of him...like in every deck past rank 20.

Cipherr

Dr Boom sells GvG packs to every player that plays constructed that does not have him yet. He won't be nerfed for a bit because of it, especially since there are no new pack types in Blackrock. They will still be counting on GvG packs to bring in that steady $$$ on the side; So Dr. Balanced stays.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Job's done.

I'm sorry

Well played

PS: When we gonna play again? I wanna test some decks!

ZealousD

Dr Boom sells GvG packs to every player that plays constructed that does not have him yet. He won't be nerfed for a bit because of it, especially since there are no new pack types in Blackrock. They will still be counting on GvG packs to bring in that steady $$$ on the side; So Dr. Balanced stays.

You guys are aware that Dr. Boom can be crafted, right? And there are other reasons to get GvG packs that aren't Dr. Boom?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I personally prefer to craft classic packs still, since I'm missing more epics and legendaries from it. GvG is a pretty small card set, so I already own the bulk of it.

How many more cards do you guys think we will get this year? I'm betting one more Adventure in 3 to 4 months and another expansion near the end of the year.

Vanillalite

I personally prefer to craft classic packs still, since I'm missing more epics and legendaries from it. GvG is a pretty small card set, so I already own the bulk of it.

How many more cards do you guys think we will get this year? I'm betting one more Adventure in 3 to 4 months and another expansion near the end of the year.

I think that's wishful thinking, but I do think we will get something new in the latter half of the year. I don't think we are gonna get 2 more this year though.

The bigger deal is we should in theory get a phone version before the years out. It wouldn't surprise me if they launched the phone version over the Summer.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I hope the phone version has opt in asymmetric play only with friends.

Job's done.

Haunted

85 HP at turn 9? Don't mind if I do.

Two Armorsmiths abused his (bad) luck getting not one, but two Unstable Ghouls from his Piloted Shredder -> Baron Riverdare combo. Not pictured: a 22/2 Siege Engine.

Probably the most fun I've had with the game in a while. Thanks Фeн!

ZealousD

Seems like Blizzard is on about a 4 month schedule with Hearthstone. Possibly they'll alternate between adventures and expansions? It wouldn't surprise me if we got a new expansion in July or August rather than another Adventure. Then they'll release something else in December again.

Special C

-Antonidas
-Neptulon
-Vol'jin
-Harrison Jones
-Sylvanas
-Dr. Boom
-Rag
-Sneed's Old Shredder
-Malygos
-Ysera
-Onyxia

My favorite classes are Mage and Paladin, so I'm tempted to just craft a Tirion and call it a day. But, I've had a blast with my last craft, Sneed's, and I thing Gazlowe would be a good companion to that.

I know I should wait for Blackrock to hit to see how the Meta swings, and I know Alex is a staple in a lot of decks, but I don't like playing control so I don't see the appeal. Whaddya think?

I'd concentrate on having ALL the essential Neutrals before crafting class legendaries but thats just my philosophy. Black Knight is good depending on the meta. Right now Harrison is the trendy Tech Card but I still find TBK more useful. Thalnos isn't seen that much anymore but he's good to have. He fits in many Rogue and Mage decks, though Kobold is a cheap and not-terrible sub for him. Alex would be a good choice especially with Dragons coming out.

Vanillalite

Seems like Blizzard is on about a 4 month schedule with Hearthstone. Possibly they'll alternate between adventures and expansions? It wouldn't surprise me if we got a new expansion in July or August rather than another Adventure. Then they'll release something else in December again.

July or August seems more poised for the phone version to drop, and I doubt they wanna push new content at the same time. Feels like they would wait then push new content in the fall.

Haunted

-Antonidas
-Neptulon
-Vol'jin
-Harrison Jones
-Sylvanas
-Dr. Boom
-Rag
-Sneed's Old Shredder
-Malygos
-Ysera
-Onyxia

Black Knight, Alex or Thalnos for neutrals, Tirion for class.

imo

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
July or August seems more poised for the phone version to drop, and I doubt they wanna push new content at the same time. Feels like they would wait then push new content in the fall.

They pushed out the tablet version like 2 weeks after GvG, if anything a big content patch is exactly when I would think Blizzard would like to push the new mobile version, riding the hype of a new patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom