• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why they made Hemet's stats so bad. Even if his stats were decent, he still wouldn't be played because his Battlecry is useless 99% of the time

Dahbomb

I have no idea why they made Hemet's stats so bad. Even if his stats were decent, he still wouldn't be played because his Battlecry is useless 99% of the time
It's not that useless, being able to kill a Misha or a Highmane is pretty decent. You can also kill Druid of the Claws with it.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
zMQAc7s.jpg

Fucking clown fiesta boys, aggro warrior really? REALLY?....................
REALLY?
The worst part is that he's higher rank than me

Seriously now kudos to that guy, that deck seems fun.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I spectated my friend have some hilarious matches in this brawl.

Some guy actually got voidcaller, coin anima golem the next turn which kinda baits you into hitting the caller, which pulled mal'ganis. Another match had a mage that dropped two archmages, while my friend had double flame leviathan. There is a supreme amount of bullshit in this week.

Fucking clown fiesta boys, aggro warrior really? REALLY?....................
REALLY?
The worst part is that he's higher rank than me

Seriously now kudos to that guy, that deck seems fun.

I've fought it a few times and it basically seems to be a face hunter list with weapons like arcanite reaper to smack you in the face more.

Freeze is SO POWERFUL against it. Water Ele was gg.

inky

Opponent gets Ysera, Tirion and 2 consecrates. I get 3 Divine favors and Jarvis, Bolvar draw once I'm dead. The previous match was similarly stacked. Fucking ridiculous.

Meh, got my pack. This might be the worst brawl yet; Hearthstone RNG topdicks in a nutshell.

Danj

Opponent gets Ysera, Tirion and 2 consecrates. I get 3 Divine favors and Jarvis, Bolvar draw once I'm dead. The previous match was similarly stacked. Fucking ridiculous.

Meh, got my pack. This might be the worst brawl yet; Hearthstone RNG topdicks in a nutshell.

Oh there's a new brawl? I must try this after work this evening.

Pooya

Blizzard must really like Hemet though, so much that they went ahead and made another useless card like it, Rend Blackhand, man like wut. BRM had some game changing cards but the legs except ET were all very bad. Maybe Chromaggus is good in some warlock decks, maybe. So much wasted there. Nobody runs them. I hope there are many more interesting legs in the new expansion that open new ways to play ET was good, made combo decks viable.

Just imagine if majordomm was battlecry instead, he would be everywhere now and everyone could have their mini jaraxxus which is the most fun card in the game. Now all that animations and effects are wasted, nobody will see them because it's the worst card in the game, what even happened there.

Whenever a new set comes out, there is always this phase for me where I try to run rogue without backstab. This time I succeeded, imo, because of dark iron skulker. GRANTED while I still think oil rogue is better with the backstabs, dark iron skulker does work quite well in certain match ups. Since I seem to be running into zoo type decks so much, backstab is better. But I think vs slower decks like warrior (control + patron), druid, priest, paladin, etc.. dark iron skulker is actually really good imo - even only a 1 of.

I wonder how I can include a dark iron skulker and 2 backstabs, but I'm not sure if it is worth it - at least in oil rogue. I think it might work in a more control oriented rogue deck like we saw in early gvg. I am talking the rag + dr. boom type decks, single oil instead of 2.

So this is the version I have ended up with, after testing around with dark iron skulker, emperor thaurissan, and even dr. boom instead of a second sprint at one point. Even did try autobarbers again, which they are not bad tbh and have peculiar strengths.

slyballing.png

Here is a version stronger against control + emphasis on patron warrior. The major difference is -2 backstab, +1 dark iron skulker +1 harrison jones. The version good against control without emphasis on patron warrior includes -1 harrison, +1 van cleef. So basically 3 versions atm.

zoukka

Remember that blizz has to clme up with 50 different brawls a year so they are bound to throw these random deck brawls in there occasionally.

I enjoyed all of the brawls except for the banana one. At least all of the other ones have encouraged or forced playing with cards you wouldn't have otherwise.

Lyng

This week and spell brawl were the best.

Web spinner brawl can go suck a lemon.

Nah this week is worse than webspinner. At least with spinner you could be somewhat strategic with the use of them. This one is quiet simply who has the better deck and who draws better. Thats it. THere is zero strategy. You can litterally outplay your opponent yet loose to him just beeing lucky to have every answer and you drawing nothing but dead cards later.

Its the worst brawl and it has nothing to do with skills.

Raxus

I actually agree Lyng. I just had good experienced with it thus far.

Spell Brawl is still my absolute favorite. Highlighted a ton of cards that typically don't see play.

zoukka

Nah this week is worse than webspinner. At least with spinner you could be somewhat strategic with the use of them. This one is quiet simply who has the better deck and who draws better. Thats it. THere is zero strategy. You can litterally outplay your opponent yet loose to him just beeing lucky to have every answer and you drawing nothing but dead cards later.

Its the worst brawl and it has nothing to do with skills.

Webspinned brawl was worse and had similar RNG factor if not greater. At least this brawl must have a set curve for the decks unlike the shit you get from webspinners.

Lyng

Webspinned brawl was worse and had similar RNG factor if not greater. At least this brawl must have a set curve for the decks unlike the shit you get from webspinners.

What do you mean? I managed to pull only big minions in one of them so I doubt there is a curve.
With the webspinners you could give yourselve an early advantage by using them correctly.

Lyng

I actually agree Lyng. I just had good experienced with it thus far.

Spell Brawl is still my absolute favorite. Highlighted a ton of cards that typically don't see play.

Well thats fair enough :) Its true it forces you to play with cards that you rarely use. But having zero influence on your deck is just not my cup of tea :) Different strokes and all that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Last week's brawl was the best so far. It was random enough to be silly but not so random as to remove player agency entirely.

FeD.nL

If anything the game needs a card like Loatheb to put the breaks on some of these crazy combo decks out there.

Also hope that Blizzard introduces some Legendaries that can be played earlier than turn 5.

Was tinkering with a lower curve legendary. Came up with this, would also trigger of off Avenge/dark cultist etc.

edit: and a combo with power of the wild would work. So if you PotW 3 minions A'dal would distribute 3 +1/+1 over all minions including himself.

Copenap

I was thinking of a Brawl with either "total mana cost of all cards <= X mana" or "total dust cost of all cards <= X dust" but unfortunately that will always end in rush decks. I hope Blizz will at least try to come up with rules that incentivise fun new decks but make the regular asshole decks impossible.

I was thinking of a Brawl with either "total mana cost of all cards <= X mana" or "total dust cost of all cards <= X dust" but unfortunately that will always end in rush decks. I hope Blizz will at least try to come up with rules that incentivise fun new decks but make the regular asshole decks impossible.

>=5 would be better. Let people play with the "too slow" cards and see how it goes.

Magnus

Double Velen, 20 damage Mind Blast. Mage didn't see it coming.

Blizzard gave me my fun memorable Hearthstone moment for this brawl - no complaints!

Highly anticipating the inevitable all-legendary brawl.

And the play-minion-get-spell-of-same-cost brawl.

And the double deathrattle/battlecry brawl.

And the Unstable Portals only brawl.

And the heroes-start-at-60-health brawl

And the draw 2 cards per turn brawl. (Perma-Pagle-edition)

Etc.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
My new mage deck that I am running that is a tweaked version of my old deck is the best deck I've had in a while dealing with the current meta.

2 x Spell Counter Secret

That's my current key to winning. The value I get vs my mirror secret is insane.

Also shifting from the old meta of clockwork and cog to mana worm has been a huge bump as well.

PS: I'm getting to the point where I don't even care that I lack a ton of legendaries. Most games are already decided before they can even be played in the current meta. They seem to be more of a win more than a straight win condition these days.

*Buys 40 packs*
*goes through 30 of them with no legendaries*
*gets four in a row starting at the 10th pack (two of them golden)*
*one final legendary on the final pack*

Thanks Blizzard. Now I have the dust to craft a Golden Leeroy and Gazlowe. lol

guys I got a golden Hogger, what should I do with it?

Depends on your collection. Do you have any other legendaries you might want to craft? If so, I'd dust it for a legendary you might need. If you have mostly everything, I'd keep it.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Also the adventures are based on actual Warcraft dungeons, whereas the Argent Tournament is not a dungeon.
It had a 5 man dungeon and a raid associated with it. Trial of the Champion and Trial of the Crusader, but one boss from the five man (Black Knight) and one boss from the raid (Jaraxxus) are already cards.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It had a 5 man dungeon and a raid associated with it. Trial of the Champion and Trial of the Crusader, but one boss from the five man (Black Knight) and one boss from the raid (Jaraxxus) are already cards.

That's true, but I guess I feel it's not one of those multi-wing dungeons in quite the same way where it maps really easily to the structure of a Hearthstone adventure.

They could still do it if they just threw in all the bosses though as individual fights. That would be 18 bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom