• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllGamer

I just got a Warlock deck with 3 Jaraxxus (Jaraxxi?) in it...and I played all of them. Would have loved to see the look on my opponent's face.

br3wnor

Crappy brawl but I can't complain after how awesome last week's was. It's kind of interesting considering you have no clue what's in the deck, but 2 wins and I think I'm done, no legs on this one.

Tubie

Got a King Krush this brawl that basically won me the game, was pretty funny because the other guy had lethal next turn.

Not a fan of this brawl tho, probably the worst yet.

Schryver

Won with warrior. Fiery War Axe, 2 Arcanite Reapers, Revenge, 2 Cleaves and Piloted Sky Golem plus a couple trash commons. Had lethal with a Gorehowl and Leeroy to the face

Loomba

Played as Druid and won the first game. Pretty fun. I got a Tinkmaster Overspark and a Mountain Giant from the free pack so I'm quite happy. I threw the Overspark into my zoo deck for a bit of fun.

Schryver

BTW preordering Legacy of the Void Deluxe Edition gets you a Protoss themed card back. Really crappy pic lol but the design looks semi-decent I guess. Boring though
t2cmcW0.jpg

Or just you know... dies like so many decks before them after big nerfs. Battle Rage isn't used often as a cumshot where you unload whirlwind effects and then draw (because you need those effects for the combo) so it's often the opponents fault for pinging the warrior for one early on or leaving damaged (crappy) minions like acolyte and gnomish on the table. Just inexperience with the deck.

Like midrange hunter died after buzzard was overnerfed? Like face hunter died after UT nerf? Freeze mage died after 3 or more cards nerfed and 3 or more cards added that counter it?

I think often the "decks" that have died were often pretty bad to begin with. Like deathrattle priest.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Tried warlock and won my first game. Drew Majorfuckindomo and he sat in my hand to never be played, Toshley did some work though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is the laziest brawl so far.

Auto-complete + all cards.
yolo.gif

Xanathus

You would actually have to try really hard to come up with something that is lazier than this. I can't think of anything short of "This week's Tavern Brawl is just Casual/Arena/Constructed mode!"

Here's a lazier brawl, both players have the exact same randomized deck and it randomizes which class is played.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Here's a lazier brawl, both players have the exact same randomized deck and it randomizes which class is played.

This would actually be interesting, because it would be a mirrored game with imperfect information so the ability to make reads would be paramount.
Is Nozdormu bugged? I 100% did not get 15 seconds, it was only 2-3 seconds.

There is a pseudo-exploit where they play Nozdormu while the rope is burning and then trigger a bunch of animations as close to the end of the rope as possible. What winds up happening is that once the turn is over, the animation time for their cards eats into your turn's countdown so you're left with 2-3 seconds of actual play.

gutshot

Is Nozdormu bugged? I 100% did not get 15 seconds, it was only 2-3 seconds.

Noz himself isn't bugged, but the whole interaction between turn switches and animations is fucked. The animations that occur after your opponent hits the end turn button cut into your turn timer. When you have 90 seconds to finish a turn, you won't usually notice that 10 seconds went missing. You definitely notice it when you only have 15 seconds per turn though.

Pooya

They should probably show the rope timer, there is a card that affects it (so it's a game mechanic)and it helps to know how much time you have. when doing patron things, yeah I know overlays do that.

Copenap

Noz himself isn't bugged, but the whole interaction between turn switches and animations is fucked. The animations that occur after your opponent hits the end turn button cut into your turn timer. When you have 90 seconds to finish a turn, you won't usually notice that 10 seconds went missing. You definitely notice it when you only have 15 seconds per turn though.
Yeah that sounds lile what happened. Fuck Blizz then I guess, this card has been in the game for the entire time and they don't even bother to fix it.

Mulgrok

No, all the decks are randomized according to class.

Lol, Hunter has got to have the worst ratio of good to worthless class cards..took me 5 tries to get a win with them. Wtf am I going to do with Call Pet and Cobra Shot...along with Explosive Shot...Also have a few of those +2 to all mechs minion.

first game I call pet into king crush by turn 5

poor mech mage was dead by turn 6

Wow this brawl is shitty they just slapped together a bunch of shit cards and some legendaries and called it a deck

I just drew Kidnapper as rogue is this a joke

Pooya

I got to play faceless manipulator and echo on my Ragnaros, brawl redeemed for me...

but yeah other games have been horrible.

Opiate

I'm not sure I would equate "lazy" with "unfun," in case others were doing that.

This is basically a mode where 1) everyone has all the cards and 2) everyone clicks the random deck button.

I think a lot of people think that sounds like lots of fun. What often takes the fun of randomized decks away is that others aren't following the same rules, and so you end up with some unwieldy Priest deck against a meticulously crafted Patron Warrior deck or a very delicately balanced oil Rogue and so forth.

Dreavus

Well, a priest had my down to 4 in this weeks brawl, I play Deathwing into topdeck onyxia the following turn.

He topdecks a mindblast. Serves me right I suppose!

This brawl is pretty fun, and I think Shaman comes out ahead of everyone in it. Top tier class minions and plenty of usuable spells keeps things consistent in the randomness. Was crushing all of the other classes with Shaman, but maybe my arena experience is carrying me.

Warrior seems really bad, Warlock seems bad in theory (haven't tried it yet), Mage seems good, everyone else hit or miss.

That said, I don't see myself playing it much more lol.

Dre

Wow this Brawl is awful, almost as bad as the banana brawl. Last week I had a lot of fun and 70 wins in the end, but this week I don't see me getting past 5 after finishing my daily quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom