• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
The three heroics that came with TotC were pretty cool though. I really hope the Godfather of Souls makes an appearance! There's also getting a taste of dis pear, it's so delicious.

Granted, it's kind of why it think more faction based cards could possibly show up. While there wasn't a lot of content for TotC, it was big on grinding city/faction reputation.

Less than a week till we get an idea though.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Here's the other thing. As much as they point towards the Argent Tournament they also are just in general pointing towards Arthas/Northrend ala the WOTLK expansion.

I think in general anything from that expansion COULD be fair game. Obviously we already got Naxx though.

iirate

Here's the other thing. As much as they point towards the Argent Tournament they also are just in general pointing towards Arthas/Northrend ala the WOTLK expansion.

I think in general anything from that expansion COULD be fair game. Obviously we already got Naxx though.

We don't have a lot to go on at all, but considering how high-concept and vague the concept of GvG was, I feel like Argent Tournament would be a closer match for that sort of expansion. It could also easily be a prologue of sorts for an Icecrown Adventure.

I think that combined with the fact that we're not being fed any hints that are more general Northrend and less the Tournament lends a lot of credence to a Tourney-themed xpac. Also, if they plan on implementing a tournament mode soon, it makes even more sense.

Szadek

I don't they would skip Burning Crusade,so my guess is that is more like an GVG like expansion + probably Tournament mode and very maybe the Death Knight class.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

If it's like Goblins vs. Gnomes, I'd expect it to officially be about the Argent Tournament, but also include a lot of Northrend related things in general.

There were lots of things unrelated to either Goblins or Gnomes in Goblins vs. Gnomes.

So speaking of Argent Crusade / City Factions, I did have an idea for a card ability but I wasn't sure how OP it would be considering the mechanics of HearthStone.

Basically, the Darkspear Trolls are kind of known for spear throwing so I thought it'd be cool to have 2-3 Troll cards that could attack without trading. A basic idea would be an 0/4 for two mana that had the ability to 'throw' 2 damage. Possibly even through taunts. However I wasn't sure how strong something would be that could trade forever without dying.

bjaelke

So speaking of Argent Crusade / City Factions, I did have an idea for a card ability but I wasn't sure how OP it would be considering the mechanics of HearthStone.

Basically, the Darkspear Trolls are kind of known for spear throwing so I thought it'd be cool to have 2-3 Troll cards that could attack without trading. A basic idea would be an 0/4 for two mana that had the ability to 'throw' 2 damage. Possibly even through taunts. However I wasn't sure how strong something would be that could trade forever without dying.

325.gif

Unless you mean every turn similar to Ragnaros (without the random element).

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Possibly even through taunts. However I wasn't sure how strong something would be that could trade forever without dying.
It would have to lose one health every time or something.

Hopefully we get Anubarak as a legendary, considering he was the last boss of the Argent Tournament raid.

iirate

I don't they would skip Burning Crusade,so my guess is that is more like an GVG like expansion + probably Tournament mode and very maybe the Death Knight class.

I don't think it's as much about "skipping" Burning Crusade as much as it's about making content that fits the ideas they have at the time. I don't think WoW chronology is too much of a consideration and that we'll see Outland when they're ready to tackle it.

Copenap

How about a "every 2 (or 3) turn the minions switch the side of the board"?

Freeze mage might be too strong but other then that it could be fun.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I guess one way to balance indirect attackers is to make it so that they can't "retaliate" either.

Still kind of busted though.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised if they added two new card classes "Alliance" and "Horde", lets them change a bunch of existing non-class cards and add new ones like they did with Mechs.

seldead

omQdsdI.jpg

This weeks brawl served me well too. I'm fairly new to hearthstone so I DE'd him for Dr Boom. I'm pre interested in making a deck with him and that dragon legendary.

I think I have a legendary in mind. What are the most important legendaries to craft?

Really boils down to what classes you play most. As far as neutrals go, Dr. Boom is right at the top. Behind him are Sylvanas, Harrison Jones, and Ragnaros. Behind that are cards like Thalnos and Ysera. This is all assuming you have the legendaries from the expansions and necessary rares and epics.

Tubie

Oh wow so you get 300 gold for 1000 wins? That was surprising.

I bet over 600 of those came from when I played during beta.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow so you get 300 gold for 1000 wins? That was surprising.

I bet over 600 of those came from when I played during beta.

There's a bunch of unmarked quest, well maybe not a bunch but there's some. For example you get 100G for beating every class in expert.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They actually gonna try and make pirates viable? LoL

Their stated goal is that they will keep adding cards to the "tribes" until they're all viable, putting in 1-3 per expansion pack so as to lower the risk of creating a monster.

We've all seen what one card (Grim Patron) did for Enrage Warrior.

The three heroics that came with TotC were pretty cool though. I really hope the Godfather of Souls makes an appearance! There's also getting a taste of dis pear, it's so delicious.

Granted, it's kind of why it think more faction based cards could possibly show up. While there wasn't a lot of content for TotC, it was big on grinding city/faction reputation.

Less than a week till we get an idea though.

Didn't those three heroics come with ICC? I thought the heroic for Trial of the Champion was Trial of the Crusader with Black Knight and that girl who summoned up memories of raid bosses (summon legendary at end of turn incoming?)

Dreavus

I did enjoy that first Brawl. It was cool playing as the "bosses" for a bit. The only problem is it didn't have "legs" and you can get your fill of it pretty fast because there was no customization.

I'm hoping they bring back that style of brawl for a future week though, since it's pretty unique. I'd imagine it takes a little more effort to build the decks and playtest them so they are somewhat balanced (I would like to see how they arrived at "give Nefarian 5 mana crystals" from a balance point of view), compared to something like this week's brawl which is just a total crapshoot.

I just crafted Thanlos last week...

tumblr_nrldhu19St1qgv4sao1_540.jpg

Lmfao well you have 800 dust. I had got The Beast a couple of days ago and today when I was opening packs, I got him again but in gold. lol

Bout to craft two golden Legendaries. Which ones should I craft? Going back and forth between Leeroy, Sneed's, Deathwing, and Gazlowe.

Didn't those three heroics come with ICC? I thought the heroic for Trial of the Champion was Trial of the Crusader with Black Knight and that girl who summoned up memories of raid bosses (summon legendary at end of turn incoming?)
You're right. They'd still have cool things to see though. Those three came with ICC.

325.gif

Unless you mean every turn similar to Ragnaros (without the random element).
I mean a usable ability instead of an attack on the board. So you select the minion, attack something, and instead of them colliding, it throws a spear or something that deals damage. A controlled Ragnaros so to speak.

FeD.nL

Lmfao well you have 800 dust. I had got The Beast a couple of days ago and today when I was opening packs, I got him again but in gold. lol

Bout to craft two golden Legendaries. Which ones should I craftt? Going back and forth between Leeroy, Sneed's, Deathwing, and Gazlowe.

Sneed's for the Lazor eyes and Gazlowe for the golden mechs

You're right. They'd still have cool things to see though. Those three came with ICC.

ICC will probably be an Adventure in the future. I just don't know how they would split it up.

You have - Forge of Souls (2 bosses) Pit of Saron (3 bosses) Halls of Reflection (2 bosses, one is running from Arthas)

Then 12 bosses in ICC, which would probably be split like this -

Marrowgar, Deathwhisper, Gunships, Saurfang
Festergut, Rotface, Professor Putricide
Blood Princes, Blood Queen, Dreamwalker
Sindragosa, The Lich King

So I guess five wings, kind of like Naxx.

hutna

Bout to craft two golden Legendaries. Which ones should I craft? Going back and forth between Leeroy, Sneed's, Deathwing, and Gazlowe.

Yeah not complaining about 800 dust, but as someone who hasn't spent any money on the game a pack with a legendary you just crafted is a special kind of pain. ;)

Doing the brawl for dailies.

This Shaman drops Doomsayer and then tries to Reincarnate it thinking it was a deathrattle or something. He conceded right after lol.

Got a golden Tinkermaster last night.

Now i do not know what to craft.

I already have
Cenarius
Gazhrilla
Antonidas
Bolvar
Vol'Jin
Jarraxus
Malganis
Trollwalker Cho
Millhouse
Captain Greenskin
Hogger
Illidan
Mogor trollgre
Sylvanas
Dr.Balanced
Troggzor
Ragnaros
Ysera
All BRM/NAX legs

Got a golden Tinkermaster last night.

Now i do not know what to craft.

Have a hard time choosing between

I already have
Cenarius
Gazhrilla
Antonidas
Bolvar
Vol'Jin
Jarraxus
Malganis
Trollwalker Cho
Millhouse
Captain Greenskin
Hogger
Illidan
Mogor trollgre
Sylvanas
Dr.Balanced
Troggzor
Ragnaros
Ysera
All BRM/NAX legs

Depends on what deck you want to build.

edit:
I don't see alex, harrison jones, black knight, van cleef, tirion, grommash, bloodmage thalnos... these are all pretty good legendary cards.

Dahbomb

Such balanced grim patron warrior
laugh.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM-UXf6QAsM
We're talking 60 damage in one turn from hand. Not set up. This is tournament play.
One charge of Death's Bite used up + Deathrattle, a hand that was reduced in cost by Emperor Thaurissan and he had the 6 cards he needed to make that play. Basically an 8 card 10 mana play.

That was akin to having the god draws that most aggro decks beat you with easily within 4-5 turns.

Pooya

Im pretty much undecided between Tirion,Alex or Grom. Alakir and Harrison Jones come after.

Alex is the best of the bunch, it's a one of a kind card that opens certain decks, while other class cards have limited specific uses, from those Grom is the best. Generally you should prioritize neutral cards, Harrison isn't all that necessary. I would make Alex as she's not replaceable in what she does.

Raxus

One charge of Death's Bite used up + Deathrattle, a hand that was reduced in cost by Emperor Thaurissan and he had the 6 cards he needed to make that play. Basically an 8 card 10 mana play.

That was akin to having the god draws that most aggro decks beat you with easily within 4-5 turns.

Not to mention Gaara played HORRIBLY all series. I still can't get over how badly he played, like holy shit.

gutshot

Miracle rogue got nerfed for far less. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbgoh9wYWXM

The Grim Patron warrior deck is going to get nerfed. It's just a matter of how Blizzard wants to go about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom