• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Really annoying that they are going to reveal it at a time when over 50% of the US will be on their commute home. Stream should have started either a couple hours sooner or later.

Tubie

I have over 1k gold and like 2k dust saved up for this, would suck if it turned out to be a new adventure instead of a card expansion tho.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So, this is basically my entire Arena experience in a nutshell.
RqRLWg2.jpg

This is exactly reflected in my overall stats. Like, I don't know what the hell is up. I win when I go first, I lose against Mages (or do I lose when I go second?). Is there something I'm not thinking about?

Dahbomb

So, this is basically my entire Arena experience in a nutshell.
RqRLWg2.jpg

This is exactly reflected in my overall stats. Like, I don't know what the hell is up. I win when I go first, I lose against Mages (or do I lose when I go second?). Is there something I'm not thinking about?
Improper usage of the coin seems to be the culprit here.

Cipherr

oh god someone play so I can view and get my quest dooooooooooone. Carbon isnt around and hes usually my out for this quest lol
KuGsj.gif

Pooya

I'm not sure how Argent Tournament would work as a card set, cards are here already. Similar to BRM, that makes it look like another adventure mode. But it sounds like this announcement is more significant that BRM. Maybe an adventure like mode but with pvp elements, something new.

I like to see a new card set but I don't think it's that.

edit: btw I'm facing people with Korean names on ladder , actually one of them sent a friend request and messaged in Korean which I'm guessing it was an insult. Does this game match cross regions at times? lol. If he/she was playing on EU ladder probably should have realized that I wouldn't understand Korean, so whatever? lol

Tubie

edit: btw I'm facing people with Korean names on ladder , actually one of them sent a friend request and messaged in Korean which I'm guessing it was an insult. Does this game match cross regions at times? lol. If he/she was playing on EU ladder probably should have realized that I wouldn't understand Korean, so whatever? lol

This happens to me when I play very late at night (us east coast), or very early in the morning.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It's a fun card, but most play it seriously atm. Maybe someday warrior mill will be a thing.

I think it's a good card if you're expecting a long game. However the meta isn't slow enough to justify it right now.

ViviOggi

This new expansion needs to get here I am so fucking sick of Patron Warrior/Face Hunter.

SAME. SHIT. EVERY. GAME.

Play fucking original decks you netdecking assholes, my god.
If you think new cards are gonna put an end to netdecking you're in for a rude awakening

Pooya

I would rather pay for what I know I will get, than endless dice rolls. Look at GvG, I'm not sure how many new playable cards they can introduce, a handful at best. Most of it will be trash :b

Anyway, if they're coming with a new set, there should a way to earn packs for it too. Quests give classic packs, Arena GvG pack. Maybe brawl changes to new set when it comes out or something new.

I think eventually they should increase drop rates for classic set, it will be very hard to get into this game in a year or so.

zoukka

I would rather pay for what I know I will get, than endless dice rolls. Look at GvG, I'm not sure how many new playable cards they can introduce, a handful at best. Most of it will be trash :b

Anyway, if they're coming with a new set, there should a way to earn packs for it too. Quests give classic packs, Arena GvG pack. Maybe brawl changes to new set when it comes out or something new.

I think eventually they should increase drop rates for classic set, it will be very hard to get into this game in a year or so.

You are delusional if you think they will just increase "drop rates" as the game grows. New players either grind thousands of hours or dish out cold hard cash.

I quickly counted 45 highly playable cards from ladder POV from GvG. Not counting cards that are good in arena.

ViviOggi

They'll just switch arena packs to the new ones and call it a day

Baffled that new players are still coming in droves with the current reward structure

Xanathus

Why? Of course they are going to introduce new packs eventually.
Card packs feels like a lazy way to segregate the cards and I personally don't like the randomness of which cards you get. I just want a more interesting way of getting them instead of hurdurhurr here's 40 dust.

Pooya

yeah, the game has been growing but if Blizzard expects people still to pay through the nose for classic sets in a year or so, while there are overwhelming number of other cards and 25 bucks adventure sets and there is a huge gap between existing players and new ones, yeah it's not going to grow much more than that. It will be interesting how they will handle it. I don't think it will remain the same.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
yeah, the game has been growing but if Blizzard expects people still to pay through the nose for classic sets in a year or so, while there are overwhelming number of other cards and 25 bucks adventure sets and there is a huge gap between existing players and new ones, yeah it's not going to grow much more than that. It will be interesting how they will handle it. I don't think it will remain the same.
Stuff like Tavern Brawl seems like a way to push easy card packs on players while creating incentive to play the game. They are already taking steps to reward players more.

zoukka

Card packs feels like a lazy way to segregate the cards and I personally don't like the randomness of which cards you get. I just want a more interesting way of getting them instead of hurdurhurr here's 40 dust.

Card packs and random contents are the core of any TCG monetization loop. It's not going anywhere. You need to realize blizz isn't making this game for charity purposes.

Baffled that new players are still coming in droves with the current reward structure

You guys are hilarious :D

Yeah look how Magic The Gathering died immediately it grew bigger than one or two expansions (which has way more cards than HS). Also you forget that most players don't want all cards. They just need enough to craft a decent deck for one class.

Jakku

Well it's... cards. They're emulating the booster pack feel from any real life card game, which is way of getting people to pay more to boot.

Copenap

I'm waiting for the new Hunter card with 'At the beginning of your turn, attack face' so the poor Hunter players don't have to click so much and the deck becomes a little easier to play.

Jakku

I should just give in and make a deck that goes straight face. Its too easy to win that way.

If all you want is the gold cap of the day, then yeah. The game doesn't reward anything but a victory, hopefully something gets reworked eventually.

I was curious if they were going to do anything to Hunter's being able to ignore..playing the game, similar to how Miracle Rogue didn't play the game either, but they gave them quick shot, so lol.

zoukka

If all you want is the gold cap of the day, then yeah. The game doesn't reward anything but a victory, hopefully something gets reworked eventually.

I was curious if they were going to do anything to Hunter's being able to ignore..playing the game, similar to how Miracle Rogue didn't play the game either, but they gave them quick shot, so lol.

Both decks play the game just as much as any other deck.

Xanathus

Miracle Rogue interacted with the other player from turn 1 to the final turn.

I feel like people who say Miracle Rogue/Freeze Mage don't interact with board have never played them at all, or at least properly. Decks like these take so much more skill compared to decks where you just play your highest mana playable card and take favorable trades/go face. But as usual Blizzard just wants to encourage brainless gameplay by putting out sticky higher powered low mana minions with zero downsides for playing them. Only deck that punishes that is grim patron warrior.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No reveal yet?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
let's fucking go

my 4,1812 USD are ready!

zoukka

I feel like people who say Miracle Rogue/Freeze Mage don't interact with board have never played them at all, or at least properly. Decks like these take so much more skill compared to decks where you just play your highest mana playable card and take favorable trades/go face. But as usual Blizzard just wants to encourage brainless gameplay by putting out sticky higher powered low mana minions with zero downsides for playing them. Only deck that punishes that is grim patron warrior.

They just never played those decks and assume they are easy to play. Ignorance breeds stupid posts what do you know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom