• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

I wouldn't even post "leaks" at this point. They're nearly guaranteed to be bullshit. Like that Fjola Lightbane is straight up busted. It's 100% better than Force Tank Max and is 2 mana less to boot.

100% is being conservative. The card is made to piss players off. Immune to BGH and it keeps getting divine shield? Staple in every deck.

I find it hilarious that someone tried to make a card based off of Paladin's auras, especially Aura Mastery. Just seems so odd. It'd be more believable if they were just actual auras first.

Thinking about it now, those could actually be cool cards.

Retribution Aura - 2 Mana: Give your Minions +2 Attack for your opponent's next turn.

Concentration Aura - 2 Mana: Block/Remove silence effects for one turn.

Crusader's Aura - 2 Mana: Your opponent's next turn will only be 60 seconds.

Why would you ever spend 2 mana and a card to reduce the turn by 10 seconds? lol

A couple of hot new leaks. They look legit to me
qmjscq8m.jpg
gy64chDm.jpg

lmn3FP5m.jpg
zIdBTlJm.jpg

Pretty interesting developments

Jakku

Had a bunch of top tier minions in arena as Mage, felt good about myself.. Then I draft 0 frostbolts and 0 fireballs. It was extremely painful, didn't go so well when I like to think of myself usually as an infinite arena player.

Jakku

Everything's coming up Millhouse.

Is it worth keeping him?

Depends how new you are and how much you need the dust. Personally I've never dusted a legendary I don't have a duplicate of because I'm a completionist and you can make some fun decks.

Viability wise, Millhouse will never be worth anything competitively, so feel free to dust.

MMaRsu

I just got my first golden legendary, a trogginator. Dusted it and now looking to create a new one. Which is the best legendary right now? Neutral pls. Already have Ysera

Sneeds old shredder?

Why would you ever spend 2 mana and a card to reduce the turn by 10 seconds? lol
I was just making random stuff for the few auras I remembered. I wouldn't be surprised if they even still exist anymore. I guess it would just be better to have to Nozdormu effect for a fee turns possibly but as MetroidPrimeRib said, they'd probably not put stuff like this in.

Jakku

I just got my first golden legendary, a trogginator. Dusted it and now looking to create a new one. Which is the best legendary right now? Neutral pls. Already have Ysera

Sneeds old shredder?

Do you only have Ysera?

Dr.Boom is a must craft no matter what legendary, then it varies. Sylvanas is good in a huge amount of decks, and then the rest of the good legendaries are class specific. Sneeds is far too slow for this meta and not worth grabbing.

Pooya

Dr. Boom
Sylvanas
Ragnaros
Alex

in that order. Class cards like Grom and Antonidas are as good. Everything else is unnecessary if you ask me. (for ranked play)

Malygos become more playable in Malylock but it seems the popularity is dropping. Handlocks don't need either of their class cards but they are cool and usable.
Rogue legs are both obsolete. Shaman, lol, Paladin's Tirion is ok, but it's not needed. Priest's are meh. Hunter? no one ever plays those. Druid? I don't play but nothing you can't replace with other cards, they're no game changer like above cards.

If you got any of Ysera, Deathwing, Thalnos, Malygos or above mentioned class cards except Flame Leviathan and Iron Jug, don't dust them. Worth keeping but not crafting.

Jakku

Paladin's Tirion is ok, but it's not needed.

I'd disagree personally. If Pally rush isn't being played, I'd say not running Tirion if you want to play Pally is a huge downside, as its easily the best class legendary. Only thing about it is if you wanna play Paladin right now it's difficult as your dudes are Patron bait.

Pooya

Paladins on ladder are all face these days, mid range paly is a struggle. It's a 8 drop taunt, deathrattle tend to get silenced or morphed or worse harrison'd (forgot this one, it's handy to have him but don't craft over those cards). So I think it's not all that necessary or as valuable as Grom or Antonidas where opponents can't do anything about them.

There is Black Knight and Blingtron too which are good enough to be kept.

Szadek

Most important Legendaries(somewhat in order)
Dr. Boom
Sylvanas
Harrison Jones ( and maybe Black Knight if the meta changes)
Alex
Thalnos ( very important if you want to play oil rogue)
Ysera

Class Legendaries:
Antonidas for most mage decks
Tirion for all paladin decks
Jaraxxus for handlock
Mal' Ganis for demonlock.
Grommash for control warrior
Cenarius for taunt druid
Both Shaman legndaries for midrange shaman.
Maybe Vol'jin in Priest

MMaRsu

Dr. Boom
Sylvanas
Ragnaros
Alex

in that order. Class cards like Grom and Antonidas are as good. Everything else is unnecessary if you ask me. (for ranked play)

Malygos become more playable in Malylock but it seems the popularity is dropping. Handlocks don't need either of their class cards but they are cool and usable.
Rogue legs are both obsolete. Shaman, lol, Paladin's Tirion is ok, but it's not needed. Priest's are meh. Hunter? no one ever plays those. Druid? I don't play but nothing you can't replace with other cards, they're no game changer like above cards.

If you got any of Ysera, Deathwing, Thalnos, Malygos or above mentioned class cards except Flame Leviathan and Iron Jug, don't dust them. Worth keeping but not crafting.

Ok thanks guys ill go with Dr Boom.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I know everybody knows Bolvar is so bad. But still, Bolvar is so bad.

Bolvar really isn't as bad as people think he is. I mean, I don't think I would play him in Constructed, but he's better than some other class legendaries like Flame Leviathan or Malorne.

Jakku

The Shaman legendaries are great,all the other cards minus Flametonge, Hex and Fire Elemental are the problem.

Shaman just suffered from power creep, and needs a real look over from Blizzard. Cards like the Spirit Wolves which were seen as pretty solid additions before GVG are now pretty crap, and everything they've introduced to Shaman is just additional dice rolls, and that's not even going in to how the Overload mechanic really needs to have been applied better.

Mech Shaman is okay, but it's just not on the level of the other classes other than maybe Priest.

Anilones

A few people were commenting that Thalnos is a good legendary to have around, should it be included in most decks? It's the only legendary I've managed to get so far (using a tracker I've got 292 cards, not including the ones I've dusted that's 58.4 packs and only one legendary!).

Pooya

Murloc is pretty bad now, I don't see much use in Neptulon and Al'Akir is a good card on paper but just seems not something you will get to play as a Shaman player all that often due to overloads and cost and you rather play other cards instead. I've rarely seen it played. It's not just the stats that matter, for ranked play you want fast value cards that don't clog in your hand.

Jakku

A few people were commenting that Thalnos is a good legendary to have around, should it be included in most decks? It's the only legendary I've managed to get so far (using a tracker I've got 292 cards, not including the ones I've dusted that's 58.4 packs and only one legendary!).

Thalnos is only used in Oil rogue and freeze mage on the top of my head.

Pooya

I wouldn't dust him, even if you aren't interested in playing rogue or stall mage decks right now. It's good to have it. Some day you will want it.

Anilones

I wouldn't dust him, even if you aren't interested in playing rogue or stall mage decks right now. It's good to have it. Some day you will want it.

I wasn't planning to, I just wanted to know whether there was much of a use at this stage.
And to moan about my terrible luck of opening packs.

Szadek

Murloc is pretty bad now, I don't see much use in Neptulon and Al'Akir is a good card on paper but just seems not something you will get to play as a Shaman player all that often due to overloads and cost and you rather play other cards instead. I've rarely seen it played. It's not just the stats that matter, for ranked play you want fast value cards that don't clog in your hand.
Neptulon is awesome,he is basically war golem plus sprint.You will almost always find a good use for the murlocs.
Al'Akir is the oftern the cards that wins you the game,because he gives you access to a lot of burst damage.
Even if you can't use him as the finisher,he usually trades at least 2 if not 3 for 1.

I have a golden Bolvar and I can't seem to dust him for some reason.

He's either silence bait for Tirion or BGH bait for your Dr. Boom in a Pally deck. I don't think Bolvar is bad. The problem is that he's a 5 drop and Paladins have a crowded five drop pool already. Belcher, Quartermaster, Loatheb, Harrison Jones, or even Azure Drake and Dragon Consort in dragon decks will almost always be the ones that are chosen over him.

Neptulon is awesome,he is basically war golem plus sprint.You will almost always find a good use for the murlocs.
Al'Akir is the oftern the cards that wins you the game,because he gives you access to a lot of burst damage.
Even if you can't use him as the finisher,he usually trades at least 2 if not 3 for 1.
I have a golden Neputulon. Golden murlocs represent.

Rapstah

That broken Nozdormu combo seems like something better suited for a mill deck than for a normal control deck with how much it relies on your opponent not having a board and drawing millions of cards to get all the combo pieces.

Would they make Nordormu disenchant for 1600 dust if they fixed the bug?

Dahbomb

That broken Nozdormu combo seems like something better suited for a mill deck than for a normal control deck with how much it relies on your opponent not having a board and drawing millions of cards to get all the combo pieces.

No. They don't give the refund if it's a bug or a mechanics fix.

Like Bane of Doom is the best example. Ysera as well.

I think the actual text on the card has to change for there to be a refund .

The bug you're referring to is not even really a bug with nozdormu nor is it really caused by nozdormu. It just so happens they've coded the game in a way that your turn timer starts before the animations from the previous turn ends. In theory, if you start up 70 seconds of animations at the very end of your turn, your opponent will be locked out of doing anything and then there turn will end before they can do anything, whether or not they have nozdormu out. With noz, you just need to tie up less time in animations to consume the turn.

Who knows if they'll do anything to change it, or how.

Opiate

I'm trying to get a gang up control rogue to work.

My control deck has no minions over 6 (it has Thaurissan and Gallywix), but the gang ups are intended to use on either 1) My belchers if its a rush deck or 2) Their big minions if its a control deck.

Not working so far.

Rapstah

No. They don't give the refund if it's a bug or a mechanics fix.

Like Bane of Doom is the best example. Ysera as well.

I think the actual text on the card has to change for there to be a refund .

What changed about Ysera except the literal card text?

ViviOggi

I'm trying to get a gang up control rogue to work.

My control deck has no minions over 6 (it has Thaurissan and Gallywix), but the gang ups are intended to use on either 1) My belchers if its a rush deck or 2) Their big minions if its a control deck.

Not working so far.
Rogue's viable spells are so tempo-based and don't do much on their own, so you'll always need tons of card draw and relatively few, smaller minions. Gang Up in particular is arguably the most anti-tempo card in the game. Going for control you'll want your own lategame threats and the more costly minions you run the less spells and card draw you can include, which in turn makes it hard to find adequate answers to threats in time - i.e. control the game. Mill Rogue kinda sorta almost works but in a sense it's a combo deck as well.

Opiate

Rogue's viable spells are so tempo-based and don't do much on their own, so you'll always need tons of card draw and relatively few, smaller minions. Gang Up in particular is arguably the most anti-tempo card in the game. Going for control you'll want your own lategame threats and the more costly minions you run the less spells and card draw you can include, which in turn makes it hard to find adequate answers to threats in time - i.e. control the game. Mill Rogue kinda sorta almost works but in a sense it's a combo deck as well.

Yes, it's similar to Priest or Hunter, in that Rogue is sort of pigeonholed in to a particular approach such that breaking out is nigh impossible.

Unlike Priest and Hunter, though, it's not because of the hero power, it's because of the class cards. Pretty much all my "control" comes from neutral cards, outside Gallywix.

Gallywix is an excellent example of the problem here: he's clearly a fantastic card (honestly, even if he did nothing, a 5/8 for 6 is pretty darn good, but his effect is excellent), but he's slow and controlly for a class that has no slow or controlly archetype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom