• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually had a long brawl, had 10 cards left in my deck

Also lol @ a priest mind controlling my minion and me mind controlling the minion back next turn

I still think they need to get more creative. I think an "ebb and flow" of mana mechanic would be more interesting than just a static 10 mana every turn. Say turn 1 starts with 10 mana, then it goes down to 5 on turn 2, etc.

Dahbomb

Deathrattle/Reincarnate Shaman is actually pretty ridiculous in this too.

They can basically get two Kelthuzads out in the first turn (Kelthuzad into Reincarnate) and if you don't have a response to it then it's instant lose.

Got destroyed by a face hunter using all low cost charge minions, didn't think anyone would use weaker minions and didn't put any shadow word pains in my deck

Dahbomb

Got destroyed by a face hunter using all low cost charge minions, didn't think anyone would use weaker minions and didn't put any shadow word pains in my deck
You basically just need a couple of Sunfury in your deck and you will generally win against those decks.

My Holy Wrath Paladin deck is fucking hilarious. I did 17 face damage in one turn with no board!

Dahbomb

Really souring on this brawl fast. The amount of games that are decided by turn one Alexstrasza is a bit ridiculous.
You always mulligan for one removal in hand to avoid that thing (like BGH, Shadow Death, Deadly Shot, Sap etc).

Though there are many ways that the game can be decided by turn 2. I posted the Shaman example as one but Holy Wrath Paladin is a deck that can ACTUALLY finish the game in one turn (double Holy Wrath into double Molten Giants... Rare but technically possible).

Stalagg and Feugen are decent cards here, you can play both on same turn and killing them gives you two Thaddius.

That sounds like a bug doesn't it?

Arena is disabled for maintenance now too. Are we arena-players actually getting some love this expansion?

Vince-McMahon-distraught.gif

Last night I played Arena for the first time after the first free one you get and got 9 wins in a row. Only to then lose 3 in a row. I used that site to help you build your arena deck and it worked pretty well. I got lucky too, Rogue, 3 Zombie Chows and 2 Fel Reavers with a bunch of 2 mana minions thrown in there. Turn 4 Fel Reaver with the coin is hard to deal with in Arena. I agreed with about 90% of the recommendations of the site, but since it was my first time I decided to follow them completely.

You always mulligan for one removal in hand to avoid that thing (like BGH, Shadow Death, Deadly Shot, Sap etc).

Doesn't seem very effective, since you're still taking 15 to the face.

Forkball

I won in the second turn.

I drew Alexstraza, Azure Drake, and two cards I didn't even need. First turn, dropped Alex to get him to 15 health. He played whatever, and my legendary was still alive. Next turn, I drew a fireball. Dropped Azure Drake for the +1, hit him with my big dragon and finished him off with flames to the face.

My Hearthstone experience can only go down from here.

Dahbomb

Doesn't seem very effective, since you're still taking 15 to the face.
So? You can easily shut down the game in the next two turns if you remove the Alex with a cheap spell and develop a big body like Dr Balanced in the same turn. It's pretty easy to comeback from that deficit.

It's especially easy for Priest, Shadow Death into develop big body or double Mind Games. Or develop big body, they play a big body and you mind control it. Basically win the game from there.

I have already played quite a few games where deficits like these are overcome. I came back on a Shaman with Paladin who had like 4 Sneeds up with Baron because of stuff like Holy Wrath. There are so many crazy ways to take back the game.

Also Miracle Rogue is a thing in this and it's very possible that they can kill you in a couple of turns as well.

Xanathus

Also Miracle Rogue is a thing in this and it's very possible that they can kill you in a couple of turns as well.

What type of finisher is being used for Miracle Rogue here, Malygos, Deckhand Coldblood, Arcane Golem?

edit: Darn I DE'd all of my Gadgetzans when it was nerfed and only have one now. Not gonna craft it just for this brawl.

Dahbomb

What type of finisher is being used for Miracle Rogue here, Malygos, Deckhand Coldblood, Arcane Golem?
Different stuff, mostly just cheap spells like Sinister strikes/Stealth/Cold blood. Definitely seen some Malygos as well. Haven't seen Arcane Golem yet but it should work.

That said I don't it's that strong outside of getting Gadget + Stealth in opening hand.

Heropon

Different stuff, mostly just cheap spells like Sinister strikes/Stealth/Cold blood. Definitely seen some Malygos as well. Haven't seen Arcane Golem yet but it should work.

A rogue destroyed me with Alexstraza followed by a variety of charge minions including a powered up Arcane Golem. That thing is even better than usual thanks to the maxed mana cap.

Dahbomb

I just tried Miracle Rogue and yeah I demolished a Priest (and his openers were absurd, he basically resurrected Sylvanas twice).

People aren't playing Taunts so basically once I got one Gadgetan out it was game over.

And yeah I was using 2x Arcane Golem + Malygos + Alex. Arcane Golem definitely put in work.

This mode is pretty fun.

T1
Him: play Antonidas, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Missiles
Me: play Sylvanas, SW Death my own Sylvanas, throw out the coin and heal myself.
T2
Him: fireball my face and play Unstable Portal, I guess he really didn't want to bother dealing with my Antonidas.
Me: Mindgames -> Sorcerer's Apprentice, Fireball his face x2 and hit him for 5 with Antonidas

Turn 3 he goes Frostbolt my face, Ice Lance my face, Fireball my face, concede

Fixed1979

These games are super quick except when your playing against a rogue...holy snore fest. I get it you can draw a lot of cards...grats.

Heropon

BY FIRE BE PURGED!
BY FIRE BE PURGED!
BY FIRE BE PURGED!

I liked so much this brawl that the gold limit reached message appeared after one of the matches by playing so much. I'm going to grind as much as I can this week, it seems.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Just won quite a few in the brawl with this deck including 6 in a row. Of course it helps if you go first.

hearthstonemagebrawldagxmu.jpg

So what are the odds that what they're about to announce isn't a full blown card expansion?

And if it's not, I wonder how much backlash there will be.
I feel like they're going to full throttle for this not to be something relatively big. I mean, other expansions were just announced on the day, right? I don't remember there being lead ups to the announcements of other additions. They had videos and stuff after information was released though.

Granted, I don't remember that much about it all.

Edit: I do find it funny how many people are already in the Twitch channel though. This better be good for Blizzard's sake!

cackhyena

Is Brawl worth anything beyond the first win for a pack still? I just drop in each week and get my win and I'm out. Wish there was more incentive.

Is Brawl worth anything beyond the first win for a pack still? I just drop in each week and get my win and I'm out. Wish there was more incentive.

I use it for doing quests a lot of the time but not much else aside from that.

Although seems like this week is good for grinding gold since the matches are generally really fast.

cackhyena

I wish it was something like every 3 wins gets you a normal ass card. At least I could go on a binge and dust a bunch of extras. I dunno, maybe that's a terrible idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom