• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Nah those decks are fine in this format, they are less consistent but when they get the god draws they will get those free wins.

Xanathus

Nah those decks are fine in this format, they are less consistent but when they get the god draws they will get those free wins.

If you just use a standard Control Warrior/Freeze Mage list you're going to get wrecked by someone who just fills his deck with the highest mana cost minions. It's like playing against a Handlock who can play a giant every turn from 1.

Dahbomb

If you just use a standard Control Warrior/Freeze Mage list you're going to get wrecked by someone who just fills his deck with the highest mana cost minions. It's like playing against a Handlock who can play a giant every turn from 1.
Oh of course that goes without saying... if you take your EXACT constructed decks here you can get murdered.

Stuff like Fiery War Axe isn't good in this at all.

Dahbomb

Unlike in previous brawls.... this is the first Brawl where it's going to be challenging to figure out how aggro/tempo/combo will work in this.

I have to imagine that some OTK turn 1 combos are going to be possible in this format.

Dahbomb

Hunter can do turn 2 kill with Gazrilla as well. But that involves having cards that are generally shitty in this format (like Arcane Shots and Sniper).

Mirimar

LMAO, this brawl can have some hilarious outcomes...Just played a Shaman. I go first, play Mad Scientist, Azure Drake. He plays Sea Giant. I Flamewaker/Polymorph T2 and hit face.
He plays Death Wing T3 and wipes his hand. Mirror Entity procs and he insta concedes...wish I could have screened it, haha

I hate brawls that have you make your own deck. The whole fun of brawl is for everyone to be on (Somewhat) equal footing and when these types of games come up the players with the best cards always end up dominating.

JSR_Cube

Played it with Mage and went up against a standard Patron Warrior deck and just destroyed my opponent.

It was more fun than last week at least. But it definitely helps players with my legendaries.

Dahbomb

First match in Brawl:

I go first, summon Chromaggus.

He plays Nefarian.

Next turn I Shadow Death it and summon Dr Balanced.

He summons a Creature. Next turn I get two Faceless off of the Chromaggus and Faceless it to get 3 Chromaggus...

Opponent auto concedes.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Dahbomb

My 5th game I get absolutely crushed by a Paladin using Gadgetan Auctioneer (with a bunch of Paladin 1 drop spells).

He basically just drew his deck while he controlled my board with Equalities/Humilities etc.

Good stuff!

Dahbomb

This dude brought in his exact constructed Control Warrior into the Brawl...

192efr.gif

gutshot

Just played a guy who was basically just running Tempo Mage for some reason. Plays his Antonidas and I Faceless + Coin + SW:D it. He kills it next turn and I play Chromaggus. Next draw I get Resurrect, cast it twice and get Antonidas both times. SO MANY FIREBALLS!

How good is aggro paladin in this format? It turns out it's preeeeetttty good. Also managed to get the muster quartermaster combo turn one once, which was hilarious.

Lumine

This Brawl has been pretty hilarious so far. Most games end in less than 3 turns haha.

Just lost my first game though. Against an old school miracle rogue. He started combo-ing and drawing with Auctioneer right from the first turn. Could not keep up with that.

Dahbomb

How good is aggro paladin in this format? It turns out it's preeeeetttty good. Also managed to get the muster quartermaster combo turn one once, which was hilarious.
Got destroyed by an Auctioneer Aggro Paladin actually.

This Rogue and I had a killer match as well.

Mirimar

This Brawl has been pretty hilarious so far. Most games end in less than 3 turns haha.

Just lost my first game though. Against an old school miracle rogue. He started combo-ing and drawing with Auctioneer right from the first turn. Could not keep up with that.

Yea, I'm actually trying out a dual auctioneer/master of disguise combo in Malygos miracle rogue. Could have interesting results if I can get the combo off. Weird playing Alexstraza in this as well, haha

Priest seems the best with all their steals. Malygos and Alextrasza can lead to easy turn 2 kills as well.

And yeah, going first is pretty big, unless you're priest and can respond with mind control.

Ha ha, Shaman Turn 1 KT, reincarnate. Turn 2 Ancestral Spirit, Reincarnate.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I hate brawls that have you make your own deck. The whole fun of brawl is for everyone to be on (Somewhat) equal footing and when these types of games come up the players with the best cards always end up dominating.

Thankfully (for me at least), the majority of players prefer making their own brawl decks. If it was premade every week, I doubt I'd play much. Just not as enjoyable.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Played the new brawl, made a deck, had a match against a priest who quit on the mulligan, got my pack, alt f4'd.

I like brawl

Magnus

They found the fun again with this Brawl. G'damn.

I've turn 3'd won with priest twice now. Velen, Faceless, 20-damage Holy Fire. Lol.

Just had another match with a friend with Kel'thuzad spawning out of Sneed's. It's so over from there. Jesus.

Pooya

Dumb warrior comes and opens with warsong+berserker, actually buffs them quite a bit too. Next turn I just drop two faceless and kill him with those cause they have charge. lol, this brawl is the best.

First Brawl was up against a murloc Shaman--he flooded the board immediatly and emptied his hand, but I played Onyxia and tore him apart within a turn.

Pretty fun. I'm not as thrilled when I have to build my own deck but since I have a fair share of legendaries it wasn't too tough.

br3wnor

This is a pretty awesome Brawl.

Playing as Rogue

Turn 1: Alexastra, opponent at 15hp [He light bombs so Alex is gone]
Turn 2: Malygos, Coin, Evicerate to face for 9 damage [He heals for 2 and drops Slyv]
Turn 3: Malygos hit to face, Shiv to face for 6 damage

I do feel bad for newbies playing this though, had a lot of games where people were dropping Boulderfist ogres and War golems and I knew it was over already.

Priest freakin wrecks shop in this brawl. Resurrect is backbreaking for the opponent.

Yep. Priest with 2x BGH, 2x SW:D, 2x Resurrect and 2x Mind Control is ridiculous. Also running 1 Mindgames because I only have 1.

Someone might be able to make burst priest work in this using Velen, Malygod, Mind Blast and Holy Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom