• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

I'm okay with a GvG-like expansion rather than an Adventure. The Adventures always felt kind of annoying to me just because the only way to get those cards was to get the wings and complete them, and usually the cards there were necessary for most decks. I'd prefer the expansion route as it's a bit more random distribution of cards.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

shira

wwLU8io.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
nice

more face damage

just what hs needs

So how does a newbie actually get anywhere in this without paying? Get to lvl18 hit a brick wall bounce between 18-20, face people who have cards you don't have, some of which seem super OP (warrior with the card that gives charge with 3 or less attack, the dwarf that copies itself if it doesn't die and the troll who gets +attack when friendlies are damage is insane together). Tad frustrating. Arena is fun but getting 150 gold takes a while.

You shouldn't have that kind of expectation here. Think of it more as free to try rather than free to play.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
This guy reminds me of a male version of Pat from SNL with a beard.

Schryver

Can someone make a summary of what's going on for those of us at work that can't watch the stream?

GvG-like expansion
'The Grand Tournament' - After defeating the Lich King the Argent Tournament hosts decided to reuse the tournament grounds and invited everyone to battle it out for fun
Couple of cards:
* 7 mana 4/6 pirate. "Charge. Costs 1 less for each friendly pirate"
* 2 mana hunter spell - "Each time you cast a spell this turn add a random hunter card to your hand" (showed the spell animation w/ a video)
New mechanic: 'Less focus on heroes' = Focus on hero powers - new cards that affect the hero powers
* 4 mana 2/6 - "Your hero power costs 1 less"
* 6 mana 6/6 mage card - "You can use your hero power any number of times"
* 10 mana 8/8 - "Costs 1 less each time you used hero power this game"
New keyword: 'Inspire' - Activates every time you use your hero power
* 1 mana 1/2 - "Inspire: Gain +1 Attack"
* 5 mana 4/5 legendary - "Inspire: Add a random spell to your hand"
Over 130 new cards
Coming in packs - same price as always
Pre-purchase next week - Get up to? 50 packs at a discounted rate and a cardback
Cards release in August

Yoshichan

new mechanics here we fgucking go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom