• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Shaman clearly the loser, once again.

Should summon "empowered" totems.

Pooya

What to have in mind that the effect is permanent, so inspire cards are actually to be played late game not on curve. This can make end game more interesting.... that is if you make it to end game. Average game concludes on turn 6-7 if you ask me. I like to see some data though!

Ladekabel

ViviOggi#2280, I'll be doing my dailies in a few mins

Sorry, got distracted. Sent you an friend invite. Hope it isn't too late.

So, I'm saving up some gold for a Blackrock Wing. Should I buy it or save the money for the new expansion? Leaning towards the latter though I would want Imp Gang Boss and Druid of the Flame.

Raxus

Depends if you can summon the 3/4 totem golem every turn :p

Personnally I like this card for Priest and Druid especially since it gives them way more survivability. Shaman and Hunter got the short end of the stick.

I don't know, my initial impression is that it's great for Shaman. Being able to choose which totem is pretty huge. Choosing the spell power for lightning storm or the taunt/healing to protect a creature can have a really big effect I think.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Velen turn Priest hero power into heal 8 HP or an 8 damage removal with Auchenai.

Stats are really bad on Justicar, though. Holy shit.

gutshot

This legendary would probably replace one Shieldmaiden in Control Warrior. Getting 4 armor for 2 mana for the rest of the game has to be better than gaining 5 once.

Pooya

I think that works really well in Druid, the hero power is insane actually, innervate into that BAM!

Control warrior too can afford to play that. Others not so much, it sure seems like a fun card.

What to have in mind that the effect is permanent, so inspire cards are actually to be played late game not on curve. This can make end game more interesting.... that is if you make it to end game. Average game concludes on turn 6-7 if you ask me. I like to see some data though!

That's the problem, making it to the end game AND not having those inspire cards cluttering your hand early game. It's another cool design attached to a bad card

Dahbomb

How is that card going to interact with the new Rogue card Poisoned Blade?

Is it going to give you +2 every time you use Hero power?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
6/3 is gonna die quick so you'll probably only get to use it once and even then not until at least turn 8. Cool idea though

It lasts till the end of the game, not while the minion is alive

Raxus

It isn't because nobody is going to play the new rogue weapon ever. Especially with a 3/4 weapon for 1 more mana waiting in the wings.

Question, what happens when the battlecry hits Jaraxxas and Ragnaros empowered heroes?

ZealousD

This legendary would probably replace one Shieldmaiden in Control Warrior. Getting 4 armor for 2 mana for the rest of the game has to be better than gaining 5 once.

I dunno. Shieldmaiden combos with Shield Slam. This doesn't. Not as well, anyway. Plus this doesn't threaten Sludge Belcher as effectively.

Pooya

That's the problem, making it to the end game AND not having those inspire cards cluttering your hand early game. It's another cool design attached to a bad card

Well it could make some flexible decks maybe, instead of putting 7 and maybe 8 drops you just include 3-6 inspire ones, and include the usual early game minions and play normally. It's just that you can still play those if you happen to draw them and not having a say Alex staying in your hand entire game. Maybe could reduce draw dependency? Just throwing ideas around, hero powers can become quite powerful now so it makes sense to spend mana on them, at least for some of the classes that is. Still need better inspire cards to justify say setting aside Dr. Boom and the like.

Rapstah

Poisoned blade is an Inspire mechanic, replacing your hero power can't also make all Inspire mechanics slightly better. I don't think any of those change.

Edit: I'm betting there's a niche card that gives you a Hero Power with Inspire so it upgrades itself.

ZealousD

This card won't work with Priest Shadowform. Shadow Priests cri evry tym

Does not work with Shadowform, Jaraxxus or Majordomo/Ragnaros.

https://twitter.com/CM_Whirthun/status/624264737870581760

Also from the article, this seems interesting.

Many of the valiant minions who will be joining your cause with this expansion have a knack for meddling with Hero Powers, making some stronger, some weaker, and changing some around entirely!

Sounds like there's going to be a card that will sabotage the opponents hero power.

V-Faction

Where's the "Inspire: Give your minions Charge" card? Because that will get people to adopt Inspire mechanics.

Gotta say though... Justicar is so cool. I've been waiting for more cards that affect your Hero Power, and now we're getting practically a whole expansion of 'em.

Dahbomb

This card is still inferior to Shield Maiden unless you get to use the hero power 3 times after getting this card out.

Basically this card would be insane if the match up was a slower one. Like a Control Warrior vs Freeze Mage, Control Warrior plays this card and they auto win the game.

ZealousD

People keep saying Control Warrior but I am also thinking Control Priest. Healing for 4 is pretty huge, and that Velen combo is pretty sweet, if hard to get.

Pooya

yeah anti hero power seems more interesting than buffing yours lol

I suspect you can't weaken a normal state hero power though, that would be a bit too much.

Kettch

I'm really disappointed that we've seen so many Shaman cards and still no solid card draw options. Right now all we have is Mana Tide, and it's not even very good at card draw. It's more of a hybrid card draw/removal bait. Every other class is in far better shape.

Dahbomb

People keep saying Control Warrior but I am also thinking Control Priest. Healing for 4 is pretty huge, and that Velen combo is pretty sweet, if hard to get.
Well Control Warrior can actually go past 30 health which Priest can't.

4 heal is damn good too.

Druid is another one which really benefits from this... arguably the most in fact.

Is this going to be an autoinclude?
Hell no. But at least it's cool.

Unlike this card:

184px-Hemet_Nesingwary%2812268%29.png

zoukka

Trueheart is insane if the meta will some day get slower... you can't compare it to a shieldmaiden ffs. The longer the game goes after you play it, the more likely you win whatever happens.

I'm calling it now actually: Trueheart is an amazing card for control decks. Quote me later.

ZealousD

This card is still inferior to Shield Maiden unless you get to use the hero power 3 times after getting this card out.

Basically this card would be insane if the match up was a slower one. Like a Control Warrior vs Freeze Mage, Control Warrior plays this card and they auto win the game.

To be fair, if you are getting 4 armor every turn, you are absolutely slowing the game down. A face Hunter can't even rely on their hero power to give them reach anymore.

embalm

Cool concept. I really wish that was a 3 or 4 mana card with weaker stats, it would make the value game easier to get too. Oh well.

Owzers

Would this new expansion be a good place to make your purchase of cards, especially since it's discounted if you pre-order? I started playing and i'm debating if i want to spend on packs, so far i've just used gold to get four or five regular card packs, haven't had any of the goblins or gnomes and haven't bought the Nax or Black Rock expansions.

Or is this grand tournament stuff mainly for people who already have a lot of the other cards.

Dahbomb

Would this new expansion be a good place to make your purchase of cards, especially since it's discounted if you pre-order? I started playing and i'm debating if i want to spend on packs, so far i've just used gold to get four or five regular card packs, haven't had any of the goblins or gnomes and haven't bought the Nax or Black Rock expansions.

Or is this grand tournament stuff mainly for people who already have a lot of the other cards.
I would wait until a month after asking this question because it's possible that most of these cards aren't even that useful.

Rapstah

I doubt you will be able to make a deck entirely out of Tournament pack cards, but if you have some of the most usable commons from GvG and classic packs, it may actually not be that far off.

gutshot

Why 3 times? 2 uses gives you 8 armor and 8 > 5.

Xanathus

The preorder is a scam, I bet that 80% of the cards are going to be completely useless in serious play and only a few cards will be autoinclude but since they are craftable you can just farm dust in arena and craft only the ones you need.

Dahbomb

Why 3 times? 2 uses gives you 8 armor and 8 > 5.
You are already getting armor from your default hero power. So if you used hero power after using Shield Maiden you would still be getting 2 armor.

You have to look at the exclusive benefit this card is providing. It's giving you +2 armor per activation. Shield Maiden gives you +5 for free on the same turn. So for that card to match Shield Maiden's benefit, you would have to hero power 3 times (for 6 additional armor) for it to provide more armor than Shield Maiden.

Xanathus said:
The preorder is a scam, I bet that 80% of the cards are going to be completely useless in serious play and only a few cards will be autoinclude but since they are craftable you can just farm dust in arena and craft only the ones you need.
But Tavern Brawl breh...

gutshot

But if it is anything like GvG 95% of the useful cards will be commons and rares, so buying a boatload of packs may end up being more efficient.

EDIT: Thanks Dahbomb and Officerrob for the armor clarification. Makes sense now.

Xanathus

But if it is anything like GvG 95% of the useful cards will be commons and rares, so buying a boatload of packs may end up being more efficient.

EDIT: Thanks Dahbomb and Officerrob for the armor clarification. Makes sense now.

Yeah you should still buy packs, but don't do the big preorder thing (well it depends on the price and number of packs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom