• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Lost an arena game that was 100% won except that a doomsayer popped from my shredder. I fucking hate this game.

After that we were both in topdeck mode and of course he dropped 3 boulderfists in a row.

And proceeed to go from 8-0 to 8-3. Why do I play this game? I get no joy out of it. Just rage.

Dahbomb

That's like the worst anti aggro card ever.

Total piece of shit.

Like I would just rather play Mogushan Warden.

Midranger Hunter is going to look at that, laugh their ass off and proceed to hit your face.

G.ZZZ

Seems like another card got revealed. Posted on a twitter by a Korean pro player so I'm assuming it's legitimate.

Translates to "Inspire: Restore 2 health to your hero."

This is essentially a 1/8 taunt on turn 4, or a heal 2 1/8 later on, which is... bad against anything that isn't hunter.

It's playable in inner fire decks and shit i guess.

Pooya

Well, that could be better than Deathloard for some priests decks. It cost one more but doesn't have the drawback of death lord against control decks, have somewhat synergy with priest playstyles. Problem is 4 drops for priests already is populated by soulpriest and the new card, those are far better for competitive play. This could be good for gimmick inner fire decks or some of the heroic bosses :p

That's like the worst anti aggro card ever.

Total piece of shit.

So with soul priest, would we expect this to damage the priest or still heal? I guess it depends on the exact text.

Otherwise yeah, it is a heroic bosses card for sure, or potentially a really annoying drop out of a sky golemn, just like lightwell always causes havoc.

jgminto

This also seems like the first situation where being an Inspire cards limits the potential of the card incredibly. If it had that synergy with all minion heals it could be a cool combo with non-Auchenai Circle of Healing.

Pooya

The anti aggro card this game needs is a taunt that can't be silenced. Having that trait requires for the card to not be targetable by spells or hero powers otherwise priests will have too much fun with it. It needs to have a reasonable health, nothing over 5. A 3/5 for 5... I would love that. Belcher is so bad, you waste 5 mana and it might not do anything at all and its slime screws you against patrons. Healing isn't the answer to burst damage, we won't get any better or playable heal than healbot.

Silence is too overpowered, it's good that they are not printing any more silence cards but at least go back to owl and make it not to be a beast. Spellbreaker is a finely designed card, I'm not sure why they thought owl having beast synergy was a good idea. It already does too much on its own.

If they want any of these inspire card to be played at all, the game has to become a lot slower, cards like that could make that happen. I really like to see what taunt is there in this set.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Play my priest in brawl, start with Feugen and Stalaag in hand. Play both, let one die, opponent also plays both, resurrect my dead Feugen, steal his Stalaag, SW:D his thadd, get 3 for myself, gg. Man that was fun, I only got a thadd to drop yesterday for the first time, then I'm able to get 3, love this brawl so much.

Taz

Had a quest for playing minions that cost two or less, made a full taunt deck in brawl, first game goes all the way so I run out of cards and after the game my opponent adds me and tells says "I hope you and all your family get cancer"

CoolOff

Silence is too overpowered, it's good that they are not printing any more silence cards but at least go back to owl and make it not to be a beast. Spellbreaker is a finely designed card, I'm not sure why they thought owl having beast synergy was a good idea. It already does too much on its own.

Same goes for Hex/Polymorph. It's very telling that we haven't seen any new cards with either abilites so far in the expansions.

Danj

So I had no idea this was a thing:

ijBFI39.jpg

Does this mean I'm not a noob any more? :)

EDIT: no, it doesn't, I still can't maintain board control, got owned by a priest who mind controlled an armorsmith I got from unstable portal and ended up with like 28 health and 10 armor.

I think silence/hex etc are ok. A legendary that gives all your minions taunt would be a good way to approach anti-aggro. If they are avoiding your minions and going face, they would be stopped in their tracks.

Szadek

I think silence/hex etc are ok. A legendary that gives all your minions taunt would be a good way to approach anti-aggro. If they are avoiding your minions and going face, they would be stopped in their tracks.
Sunfury Protector once was like that and it was pretty bad.
Actually,if you want a card like that ,just play Sunfury Protector or Defender.
It's not like you will have way more minons than 2 in the early game anyway.

Brakara

Play my priest in brawl, start with Feugen and Stalaag in hand. Play both, let one die, opponent also plays both, resurrect my dead Feugen, steal his Stalaag, SW:D his thadd, get 3 for myself, gg. Man that was fun, I only got a thadd to drop yesterday for the first time, then I'm able to get 3, love this brawl so much.

Try not playing priest. Hint: it's not as fun when you then run only against priests.

My issue with these brawls is that they are just so unbalanced. It's fun the first day, but then everybody just starts playing the one op deck.

ViviOggi

So I had no idea this was a thing:

Does this mean I'm not a noob any more? :)

EDIT: no, it doesn't, I still can't maintain board control, got owned by a priest who mind controlled an armorsmith I got from unstable portal and ended up with like 28 health and 10 armor.
Man you're still stuck at 16? That's rough and shouldn't happen tbqh

You only have arena VODs iirc? I'd look over some of your constructed games if you don't mind putting them up somewhere, I'm sure others here could give you some pointers as well.

Danj

Here's the packs I got with my gold today. Apparently 12 of these cards are duplicates of ones I already have 2 of.

Man you're still stuck at 16? That's rough and shouldn't happen tbqh

You only have arena VODs iirc? I'd look over some of your constructed games if you don't mind putting them up somewhere, I'm sure others here could give you some pointers as well.

Yeah I have rarely ever managed to break past 15 in a season (or if I have it has only ever been temporary).

I guess I can stream some constructed, I'll set it up and will be online at http://twitch.tv/danj2k shortly. I'm only 74 wins away from 500 on my mage so maybe I'll try and go for that this weekend.

CoolOff

I'm so fucking tired of Dr. Boom. I'm so fucking tired of Mad Scientist. I'm so fucking tired of Imp-losion. I'm so fucking tired of Piloted Shredder.

Yet I keep playing.

Seriously though, if Sky Golem is a 6/4, why isn't Shredder a 4/2? It's not like it would make it a not-great card....

Sunfury Protector once was like that and it was pretty bad.
Actually,if you want a card like that ,just play Sunfury Protector or Defender.
It's not like you will have way more minons than 2 in the early game anyway.

You do on turn 5/6. This is when you play belcher, it gets silenced and the damage pours on.

Next time you lose to face hunter, count your minions. You will have more than 2 and a legendary like this would buy you a couple of turns.

That brings into play heals or other taunts. Boom, problem solved.

Seriously though, if Sky Golem is a 6/4, why isn't Shredder a 4/2? It's not like it would make it a not-great card....

Just because everybody plays it, doesn't mean the card is strong.

Pooya

With Trueheart what will happen is that no one will play it past the first week of failed experiments and gimmicks along with majority of the cards in the set. :p

What good cards that come out of this set will have nothing to do with inspire. I don't think we actually need to see the rest of inspire/hero power cards, we have seen a good few and it's apparent how the cost distribution is behind the designs, all of them are very similar, even the warlock legendary is way too slow to give value compared with what we have.

Pooya

so we have seen 24 cards so far, I would say Effigy, Sacred Warrior, Lock and Load, Totem Golem, Tuskarr and possibly Frost Giant will see play. Garrison Commander is a maybe, it could be good actually in some situations, I can't say yet. Same for Fallen Hero, it could be good.

so ~5/6 out of 24. Well if 20-25 percent of total cards get play it's not so bad.

Opiate

I would put justicar trueheart in the maybe camp as well. I'm not convinced, but her effect is so particular that I can't really anticipate how she'll turn out.

so we have seen 24 cards so far, I would say Effigy, Sacred Warrior, Lock and Load, Totem Golem, Tuskarr and possibly Frost Giant will see play. Garrison Commander is a maybe, it could be good actually in some situations, I can't say yet. Same for Fallen Hero, it could be good.

so ~5/6 out of 24. Well if 20-25 percent of total cards get play it's not so bad.

Effigy and sacred warrior are in.

Lock and load and frost giant seem like cards that people will try to get to work... But I doubt they will.

Shamam cards don't count, since it'll still suck so nobody will play the class.

2 out of 24, not so great, but already better than blackrock

V-Faction

I firmly believe Justicar Trueheart will see play in mid-range, control-type and mill-type decks. The reason is because it's effect is permanent and scales better with more mana, less cards, and Inspire. It doesn't require an activator like holding a dragon, targeting a beast, or pushing the Hero Power button. Some classes probably won't give a toss, like Warlock and possibly Rogue, but for others its scaling is incredible.

Garrison Commander definitely will get utility because of its low cost and slightly-better-than-average health. It's Coldarra Drake Lite.

I've said my thoughts on Frost Giant before. You don't even need to think about how to play it, just play it when you feel like it. Sucks having it in your opening hand though. However, at least it's playable at 10-mana regardless.

Many more tanky cards versus papery cards so far. However, I'm not sure the answer is putting up a wall of beefy stats is the way to combat aggression. It should be more about subverting the aggro, dismantling it from ever occurring.

Pooya

Garrison Commander is certainly interesting for some classes because it's cheap unlike most of these cards and have ok body stats.

Mage won't play it, not because they have the drake, there is no room for it, not even in stall decks.

Hunter I think can use this since you don't exactly have card draw, aggro hunter on those running out of juice turns can use this, one more steady shot often is all you need to win. Midrange doesn't need this.

Shaman, if totem shaman becomes a thing this will have a place there I think.

Warrior? nah, nothing to replace with. armorsmith and shieldmaiden do the job.

Paladin? nope. useless.

Warlock? It's a possibility, I don't see it right now, if it's played probably is in zoo as you empty your hand often.

Rogue? you have much better ways to buff a weapon, a cheaper weapon at that.

priest doesn't need it either.

Justicar Trueheart
Sacred Warrior
Effigy
Dranei Totem Carver
Thunderbluff Valiant
Totem Golem
Fallen Hero

I could see myself using those.

Still bring on the good taunts that cant be silenced Bliz and actually has good stats not a 2/5 for 4 bullshit card.

gutshot

I could see a new priest deck emerging that
runs Trueheart, Sacred Warrior, Auchenai, Velen, Light of the Naaru, Circle, Blademaster, Wild Pyro, etc. Lots of syngery there, although it is possible it may be too slow.

Ultrabum

This might be fun to go back to in 6 weeks. They just got a 3 mana 3/2 that has a 12.5% chance to just win you the game.

It has the same chance to summon a 1/1. It's basically a 3/2 version of razorfen hunter, which sucks. Vitality totem will always suck. Healing totem frequently sucks. The other totems might be good, and if you get the totem golem, manatide, or flametounge (and they don't kill it with a 3/2) it will be good.

But it probably won't be good enough unless there are real totem tribe cards, totemic might is still gonna be bad....

Pooya

If totems become the new thing for Shaman why would you not play it?

because you're probably better with sea giant. There is frostwolf warlord, nobody plays that. It cost one more but buff better than this, both will be bgh target, if you can make this just 6/6 it would be good but that's going to be hard.

Xanathus

Yup, if the currently announced totem cards are the only ones coming out then Shaman is still bottom tier. There needs to be a Goblin Blastmage-type card with Totem synergy in order for the Totem tribe to really work as a deck. Maybe something that does 1 damage to random enemy for each totem that comes into play.

Pooya

my idea of totem shaman is turn 5/6 bloodlust right now, you just have to spam totem until then and make sure overload ends on 4. with some taunts maybe it's doable. You have totem golems and another minion that summons a totem. Then there is Totemic Might which might become usable here to give enough sustain.

Jrmint

Lost an arena game that was 100% won except that a doomsayer popped from my shredder. I fucking hate this game.

After that we were both in topdeck mode and of course he dropped 3 boulderfists in a row.

And proceeed to go from 8-0 to 8-3. Why do I play this game? I get no joy out of it. Just rage.
I say these exact same things to myself every time I play arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom