• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Yup, if the currently announced totem cards are the only ones coming out then Shaman is still bottom tier. There needs to be a Goblin Blastmage-type card with Totem synergy in order for the Totem tribe to really work as a deck. Maybe something that does 1 damage to random enemy for each totem that comes into play.

We still have the shaman legendary and they are due for a good one.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Why would you run Dranei Totem Carver? Seems pretty bad, we have similar cards like that, never get play.

Frostwolf Warlord costs a full mana point extra, and is honestly not that bad of a card. With just one totem she's a 5/5, which is OP for a vanilla at the same cost. I don't think she's bad by any stretch of the imagination, it's just not clear if she's good enough.

Pooya

Totem Shaman would need a decent card draw, like draw a card for each friendly totem or similar otherwise you can't make it work with acolyte and inventors, too slow.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mage winning on the inspire front.

The most versatile hero power benefiting the most from a hero power mechanic, who would've thought?

Minsc

Gold Member
Frostwolf Warlord costs a full mana point extra, and is honestly not that bad of a card. With just one totem she's a 5/5, which is OP for a vanilla at the same cost. I don't think she's bad by any stretch of the imagination, it's just not clear if she's good enough.

This is easy to answer, just ask yourself: Would face hunter run it if it were a hunter card? If the answer is yes, then it's good enough.

Some of these cards are, in fact, not bad.

I think Maiden of the Lake is actually quite playable, and people aren't giving it enough credit. It's flexible, neutral, non-terrible defensive stats, and synergizes with the whole theme of the expansion as well as plenty of existing things.

ViviOggi

Some of these cards are, in fact, not bad.

I think Maiden of the Lake is actually quite playable, and people aren't giving it enough credit. It's flexible, neutral, non-terrible defensive stats, and synergizes with the whole theme of the expansion as well as plenty of existing things.
Could be a good midrange card, it's likely to live a turn and leads into a very powerful hero power + Argus play. In fact bringing back the all but dead midrange type seems to be one of Blizzard's main goals with TGT.

Pooya

Maiden of The Lake is ok but how many 4 drops you can put in a deck? It's highly contested between class cards and Shredder. This card is good if you're making a hero power deck, then you pick it over a shredder.

There is no way a mid range mage for example pick this over water elemental.

Patron Warrior will thank you for playing this too

It's a target for cabal shadow priest and shadowmadness as well. It's really not a good 4 drop in current meta.

Maiden of The Lake is ok but how many 4 drops you can put in a deck? It's highly contested between class cards and Shredder. This card is good if you're making a hero power deck, then you pick it over a shredder.

There is no way a mid range mage for example pick this over water elemental.

Patron Warrior will thank you for playing this too

Well I mainly play Warrior and Priest, and both lack good 4-drops for their control/mid-range archetypes. Warrior has 2x Death's Bite, and Priest has 2x Auchenai, and sometimes I have no other four drops at all.

Patron isn't going to make every creature with 1-2 attack unplayable.

Why would you run Dranei Totem Carver? Seems pretty bad, we have similar cards like that, never get play.

I think there is a decent chance Draenei Totemcarver could surprise people if totem synergy turns out to be somewhat decent.

A turn 4 5/5 would happen pretty frequently and making it a 6/6 wouldn't be that rare either depending on how the first few turns shake out.

Will it be better than Shredder? Probably not, but it could end up being better than Fireguard Destroyer depending on the deck makeup.

Pooya

Maiden of the lake could work in oil rogue, it likely lives a turn and having your daggers cost one less, let you squeeze some combos. If you play it on turn 4 without dagger, you can equip, use a 0 spell and oil without prep.

Totem Carver isn't terrible, my idea of totem shaman is to have sticky things on the board for bloodlust win and shredder is better for that.

I just got destroyed by a Murloc Paladin in this Brawl. Turn one Grimscale Oracle x2 and Coldlight Seer followed by a Divine Favor.

Uh ok.

My turn 1 I play a big minion. His turn 2: Old Murk-Eye, Murloc Warleader, Annoy-o-Tron.

RIP me.

LiveWire

TJwGiRw.jpg

Finally achieved the 12-win Arena run. Went 10-0, 10-1,11-1, 11-2, 12-2. Decklist below (having trouble uploading the images):

Arcane Shot
Abusive Sergeant
Leper Gnome
Timber Wolf
Webspinner x2
Glaivezooka
Explosive Trap x2
Annoy-o-Tron
Bloodfen Raptor
Mad Bomber
Mad Scientist
River Crocolisk
Scavenging Hyena x2
Animal Companion
Kill Command
Unleash the Hounds x2
Arcane Golem
Blackwing Technician
Lil' Exorcist
Raid Leader
Dread Corsair
Piloted Shredder
Blingtron 3000 (which gifted a Doomhammer to seal the 12th win ;)
Stampeding Kodo
Drakonid Crusher

Rewards were 220+30+150+75 (total 475) gold and a pack.

That feeling when you create a Face Hunter in Arena and it works :)

As suggested, here's 90 minutes of me playing Constructed in which I make a number of silly mistakes but manage to reach Rank 15.

Now if I could only get past that, that would be great.

Well, your opponent had 7 health. You had a fireball in hand. You had an azure drake. You had clear lethal and yet you chose to drake and then fireball a sludge belcher. You should have won this despite tossing every minion you had into a flamestrike, despite going all face with spells despite clearly lacking lethal, and despite them getting antonidas + stealth spare part combo.

I only watched a few turns but it was obvious to me that you're lacking basic process + strategy. The turn when you ping'd him down to 7, you should have already known your next turn was fireball + ping. Or azure drake + fireball. You had the fireball in hand. Even if you top decked it, your first thought at that point needs to be "how do I win? do I have lethal?". The answer would have been yes and you would have won.

So you simply need to think ahead and evaluate your turns better. Simple basic stuff tbh.

Dahbomb

Effigy and sacred warrior are in.

Lock and load and frost giant seem like cards that people will try to get to work... But I doubt they will.

Shamam cards don't count, since it'll still suck so nobody will play the class.

2 out of 24, not so great, but already better than blackrock
How is that better than Blackrock?

Emperor Thaurissan, Quickshot, Imp Gang Boss, Fireguard Destroyer, Flamewaker and Grim Patron are top tier cards. Then there are other cards like Solem Vigil and Blackwing Corruptor that get solid use.

That's from a 31card set.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
TJwGiRw.jpg

Finally achieved the 12-win Arena run. Went 10-0, 10-1,11-1, 11-2, 12-2. Decklist below (having trouble uploading the images):

Arcane Shot
Abusive Sergeant
Leper Gnome
Timber Wolf
Webspinner x2
Glaivezooka
Explosive Trap x2
Annoy-o-Tron
Bloodfen Raptor
Mad Bomber
Mad Scientist
River Crocolisk
Scavenging Hyena x2
Animal Companion
Kill Command
Unleash the Hounds x2
Arcane Golem
Blackwing Technician
Lil' Exorcist
Raid Leader
Dread Corsair
Piloted Shredder
Stampeding Kodo
Drakonid Crusher

Congratulations! I won my 12 wins awhile back with warlock, too bad i have had very bad runs since :(

Biochet

the only cards i see getting play is effigy, sacred warrior and totem golem

the rest are too cheesy or overcosted at the moment

TJwGiRw.jpg

Arcane Shot
Abusive Sergeant
Leper Gnome
Timber Wolf
Webspinner x2
Glaivezooka
Explosive Trap x2
Annoy-o-Tron
Bloodfen Raptor
Mad Bomber
Mad Scientist
River Crocolisk
Scavenging Hyena x2
Animal Companion
Kill Command
Unleash the Hounds x2
Arcane Golem
Blackwing Technician
Lil' Exorcist
Raid Leader
Dread Corsair
Piloted Shredder
Stampeding Kodo
Drakonid Crusher

W--why did you take a screenshot of your computer monitor with a cell phone?

Dahbomb

the only cards i see getting play is effigy, sacred warrior and totem golem

the rest are too cheesy or overcosted at the moment
The Shaman totem cards are dependent on how strong that archetype ends up being. Advantage of Totem Golem is that it's usable even outside of Totem archetype. Same for Tuskar Totemic IMO.

I really like Sacred Warrior. Main problem with Light Warden was the low heallth which meant you couldn't combo twice with Pyromancer. It gives Priest a much needed reliable burst damage source.

The Warlock card is interesting. It's usable as a 8 drop in Handlock. Need to be playtested to see how it stacks up with Emperor in that deck.

The Hunter Lock n Load card could have stupid implications.

Rest of the cards are generally at least solid in Arena with massive snow ball potential.

Biochet

The Shaman totem cards are dependent on how strong that archetype ends up being. Advantage of Totem Golem is that it's usable even outside of Totem archetype. Same for Tuskar Totemic IMO.

I really like Sacred Warrior. Main problem with Light Warden was the low heallth which meant you couldn't combo twice with Pyromancer. It gives Priest a much needed reliable burst damage source.

The Warlock card is interesting. It's usable as a 8 drop in Handlock. Need to be playtested to see how it stacks up with Emperor in that deck.

The Hunter Lock n Load card could have stupid implications.

Rest of the cards are generally at least solid in Arena with massive snow ball potential.

oh yeah, aside from the legendaries, that stupid webspinner card and the new 1/8 card all the cards revealed so far are good arena picks

Dahbomb

Ball of Spiders is usable in Arena if your other Rare options aren't that good. Can help you regain some steam. In Arena the beasts are mostly fine but in Constructed no one gives a crap about your River Croc.

But yes that 1/8 is just awful.

Honestly I think there's a decent number of cards that will see regular play.

Effigy
Fallen Hero
Justicar Trueheart
Lock and Load
Sacred Warrior
Totem Golem
Tuskarr Totemic

And there's more that I think have an okay chance of seeing play as well.

Draenei Totemcarver
Frost Giant
Garrison Commander
Maiden of the Lake
Nexus-Champion Saraad
Silver Hand Regent

Maybe I'm too optimistic about some of these cards but I really feel like all those cards have a chance to be successful in various decks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Actually, I could see Tournament Medic working in a Inner Fire/Shadow Boxer Priest deck. On its own is not that great, but combo it with a few other cards and its amazing.

JesseZao

I like the 1/8 Inspire: Heal Hero for 2

Seems like a great card for grinder mage and will counter aggro pally or hunter. Seems like a great Oil target for Rogue as well.

Hero Power Grinder Mage: Hero Power Combos / Emp / Dup / Echo
-- You'll just outlast them

Dahbomb

4 mana is too slow for something that doesn't have taunt and is supposed to be anti aggro. I would much rather just use Mogushin or Senjin if I wanted a heavy anti aggro card.

JesseZao

4 mana is too slow for something that doesn't have taunt and is supposed to be anti aggro. I would much rather just use Mogushin or Senjin if I wanted a heavy anti aggro card.

I disagree. 90% of the time your belcher gets slienced by beatdown decks. This card will be less likely to be silenced, and if they do burn an owl on it, you can then just drop your belcher and stabilize from there. Aggro can't afford to kill a 1/8, and if they do, it's a better card than Healbot. I'm optimistic for it.

Dahbomb

I disagree. 90% of the time your belcher gets slienced by beatdown decks. This card will be less likely to be silenced, and if they do burn an owl on it, you can then just drop your belcher and stabilize from there. Aggro can't afford to kill a 1/8, and if they do, it's a better card than Healbot. I'm optimistic for it.
If someone spends Silence on a Mogushan then they are less likely to have another for the following Belcher drop. At that point if that happens then you win the game.

If you put down this card, the opponent will still go face and put down a Shredder maybe a Loatheb. When you put down your Belcher it will get Silenced (because no one is going to silence a 1/8 no Taunt) and then proceed to pressure you or kill you.

I am not convinced that this card is even better than Mogushan Warden.

Leezard

So this happened. What was I even supposed to do here? Pray?

Just kill his Sylvanas with the mirror entity Sylvanas. His deathrattle should proc first and yours second, which means you steal back whatever he takes.

edit: that is, unless mirror entity deathrattles always trigger before what triggered mirror entity.

Dahbomb

When I think of anti-aggro/anti-burn decks, I think of these cards (minus spells of course):

Annoyotron
Unstable Ghoul
Armorsmith
Earthen Farseer
Senjin
Mugushan Warden
Belcher
Healbot
Deathlord
Doomsayer
Abomination
Wild Pyromancer
Sunfury Protector/Defender of Argus

Basically either an anti aggro is a really cheap, early game minion or a mid game heavy taunt. Only exception here is Healbot because of its exceptional heal in one turn.

Magnus

Woah, lots of new cards released since two days ago!!

Confirmation of new class legendaries is cool.

How does Justicar Trueheart work? What's a 'better hero power'?

Ultrabum

I mean clearly its an improvement, I just don't think its as good compared to the other heroes like mage and warrior. Getting to choose one is good, but if it was summon both you have a 50% chance of getting the one you want anyways, I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom