• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

It can buff echo giant mage, your moltens die, it summons another giant. Plays well with duplicate too. It's going to be annoying.

I'm looking forward to turns that I have Effigy up and play Emperor Value, which you can't afford to let live, a 6 drop has a very high chance of turning into another legendary.

Is it possible to use Gang Up on a stealthed minion? Probably only one you control right?

You can target your own stealth minions, yeah.

Opiate

I've been trying Gang Up in a control Rogue deck, and I just don't think it can work. It's too slow. I DO think a (for example) control warrior or control priest could use it, because those are two classes you can reliably push through >20 cards per game, but you can't make a control rogue deck slow enough to justify it.

I think Gallywix and sabotage CAN be used, though. Anyone online to play?

zoukka

4 mana is too slow for something that doesn't have taunt and is supposed to be anti aggro. I would much rather just use Mogushin or Senjin if I wanted a heavy anti aggro card.

Mogushan is worse since this medic actually scales a bit better to lategame. Not to mention all the other inspire mechanics that decks might get. Naturally we can't say for sure but aggro decks can't really leave cards like medic or the secret healer/vitality totem in play or they quickly lose. You can play this and deathlords (which are infinitely better than mogushans anyway)

Even if it's unplayable in constructed I think it's a mediocre arena pick at least. It doesn't require other cards to generate value and that is normally a really good thing in arena.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I've been trying Gang Up in a control Rogue deck, and I just don't think it can work. It's too slow.

Pretty much. It'd be possible if Rogue's Hero Power was nice and generic like Life Tap or Armor Up but that 1/2 Dagger and the cards that support it just force you into a certain kind of gameplay that doesn't lend itself well to "draw go" control lists.

Dahbomb

If the game has reached late game then the match should already be decided.

Like if you are in a position where you were able to use that Inspire ability twice in a match against Face Hunter then you already won.

It's like surviving as Paladin until Turn 8 to get out either Tirion or Lay of Hands to seal the game.

And Mugushan actually got used in Priest anti aggro Inner Fire Divine Spirit decks. Many newcomers have gotten hit by that combo. Though Deathlord has since then over taken that role.

I knew they would add an inspire ability to heal the hero, but I expected a better card.... I expected a better card.
cBj1LTf.png

I am still expecting a random damage dealer, but it remains to be seen whether it will be 1 or 2 damage. Also perhaps a +1/+1 to self, or other randomly friendly minion.

But I would definitely rather see more unique approaches to these inspire cards as well.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder when Blizzard will make a cards that allows you to use your deck as a more dynamic resource. Like being able to burn cards for mana, or some sort of extreme tracking that allowed you pull like the top 10 cards of your deck and pick 2 or 3.

One thing I think could be cool is if Warlock or Druid could get a new hero power that was something along the lines of "Mind Tap: Pay 2 life, discard the top card from your deck. Gain 1 extra mana this turn"

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Incoming a Knife Juggler inspire, you know it.

2 mana 2/3, inspire deal 1 damage to random enemy character.

I want to see a Mad Bomber with an inspire effect. Inspired Bomber. Inspire, deal 2-3 damage randomly split between all character.

Totem Golem is just a stealth buff to shredder. Blizz is trolling us.

Don't worry, they are going to balance it out with a 2 mana 0/1, "Literally Useless Minion: Battle Cry, deal 1 damage to self"

zoukka

I wonder when Blizzard will make a cards that allows you to use your deck as a more dynamic resource. Like being able to burn cards for mana, or some sort of extreme tracking that allowed you pull like the top 10 cards of your deck and pick 2 or 3.

One thing I think could be cool is if Warlock or Druid could get a new hero power that was something along the lines of "Mind Tap: Pay 2 life, discard the top card from your deck. Gain 1 extra mana this turn"

Those kind of deck thinning/scrying mechanics are what allows combo decks to thrive and we all know how much blizzard likes dem combo decks...

Man, neutral 2 drops are so crappy.

There's like, Knife Juggler and Mad Scientist. Everything else is so lackluster. I guess there's Nerubian Egg but...eh.

Maybe it's just because everything else looks so bad compared to them that it feels that way. Knife Juggler and Mad Scientist are pretty broken.

Santiako

Most Hunter decks don't use a lot of beast synergy outside of Skill Command and also do not want taunts so it's not used. Could be pretty good in control Hunter though,

Thanks, I'll dust him if I need it.

I also have an gold Ancient of Lore but that one is quite good and looks amazing, so i don't know if I'll get rid of him.

Pooya

What hunter could have been like if it wasn't for excessive nerf of Starving Buzzard. Sure it needed nerf, but not to obsolescence.

Hunter has good cards that will never see play because of it, the class is still strong even without card draw but less interesting to play, you pretty much forced not to play beasts. Even though their class legs are unplayable, Highmane has stats of a legendary on its own. Some odd beasts are very usable still.

The only beast synergy needed is skill command and owl, UTH and creepers are enough to trigger it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What hunter could have been like if it wasn't for excessive nerf of Starving Buzzard. Sure it needed nerf, but not to obsolescence.

Hunter has good cards that will never see play because of it, the class is still strong even without card draw but less interesting to play, you pretty much forced not to play beasts. Even though their class legs are unplayable, Highmane has stats of a legendary on its own. Some odd beasts are very usable still.

The only beast synergy needed is skill command and owl, UTH and creepers are enough to trigger it.

Don't forget Animal Companion for that huffer skill command.

ViviOggi

Nothing better than counter-roping pathetic roper scum for the rest of the game, usually takes no more than 2 turns to suddenly turn them into the fastest players on the planet

Bonus points for having them go fake afk into Alt+F4 once they start losing

cHinzo

Tavern Brawl with Rogue is so easy this week.
Yeah even though my collection is quite small, I managed to get some wins with a crappy Rogue deck without Preperations or Conceal, but with two Auctioneers, lots of chargers, Oils and other damaging spells. :D Can't seem to win against those true Miracle Rogues though. Got destroyed by one on turn 3 lol, damn Preperations!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I wish I had alex for this brawl. I conceded when someone does it to me turn 1, fuck that.

Turn 1 nefarian is pretty nice atleast.

Pooya

With priest you can even come back from Alex at times.

My average brawl is someone playing Rag turn one, I mind control they concede. Sometimes they kill it and I resurrect it twice then they concede. Actually they don't concede, your opponent left happens more often.

Oh and dream Gadgetzan openings, they are so beautiful. There is no way you can lose then. I'm not sure why more people don't run him, I haven't played against any one with one yet I think.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is bound to be a 'Inspire: Draw a card' card but at what mana cost it could be any good?

With priest you can even come back from Alex at times.

My average brawl is someone playing Rag turn one, I mind control they concede. Sometimes they kill it and I resurrect it twice then they concede. Actually they don't concede, your opponent left happens more often.

Oh and dream Gadgetzan openings, they are so beautiful. There is no way you can lose then. I'm not sure why more people don't run him, I haven't played against any one with one yet I think.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is bound to be a 'Inspire: Draw a card' card but at what mana cost it could be any good?

If it is a warlock card it better be 10

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Wj0sryK.png

How do guys feel about Druid of the flame ? I thought it sucked compared to shade but it's actually a pretty good replacement if you want to increase your winrate vs aggro decks like hunter and paladin. Shade is better vs control decks but vs aggro it's pretty bad, druid of the flame can trade at least 2 times thanks to its 5HP unlike shade that will probably die after attacking once. I have been using druid of the flame since yesterday with pretty good results, it has certainly saved me sometimes vs aggro decks, feels pretty good to out tempo a hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom